Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 06:57 AM

5,803 posts, read 2,928,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I can't tell you "what gives," but I can tell you it would also have been good if you'd also spoken with the manager (that way they'll know that the 7% was because you were unhappy, not because you were stingy). And why wouldn't you want to argue in front of the kids? Consider that you'd be imparting a lesson on how to complain.
I’m not into that whole noise. I’ll either get who and leave and never come back or just never come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 07:05 PM

2,603 posts, read 3,398,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern_glow View Post
Apathy and anti enthusiasm sums it up. When is the last time you bought anything in the city without some form or another of bad feelings from the staff? I cannot remember when. It is hard not to when everything is so overpriced.

If you want to know what truly tipped the scales into these depressing times for workers, look no further than the millions and millions of illegal foreign workers parasitizing our cities future.

NYC can handle 9/11, it can handle pandemics, we can weather recessions and depressions, but this city is never going to survive the illegal alien invasion. We are finished. The illegals have poisoned NYC.
The "illegals have poisoned NYC"? You are delusional. No it's the people within that are poisoning NYC. Most of the illegals are coming here looking for work and a better opportunity for their families. They are taking the jobs you and most Americans wouldn't.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:28 AM

30 posts, read 15,945 times
To me it is the strangest argument to defend illegal workers in any way shape or form. People who defend illegal aliens being here are either an illegal alien themselves, connected to illegal aliens by close family ties, they are from affluent backgrounds that provides protection from economic damage, or they are just so naive, gullible, brainwashed, or even having a self hating tendencies.

It is so saddening to witness this situation. The illegal aliens are being used as pawns in an economic and social war to ruin middle class Americans.

These are some of their traitorous talking points:

“They do work Americans won’t do”
“Americans population is dying off”
“You have no proof any of them are illegal aliens”

These are all lies. They are toxic lies. It is blatant Anti American rhetoric and trickery.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:18 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,020,926 times
The people managing restaurants, waitressing, operating the barista, and serving food are full Americans, though. There is a current trend called “quiet quitting” and it’s not something undocumented people are doing. Your anger is misdirected.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:24 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The people managing restaurants, waitressing, operating the barista, and serving food are full Americans, though. There is a current trend called “quiet quitting” and it’s not something undocumented people are doing. Your anger is misdirected.
i blame the government and their stupid policies.

Govt force higher minimum wage and more benefits. There is excessive taxes pushed to employers. Next up is congestion pricing. This will make delivery of items even more expensive. As a result, they can hire less employees. There is less incentive for employees to work hard if its all given.

Some low wage work was never meant to support a family. I worked in fast food as a teenager. It was hard work and I had great work ethic. I worked even harder in school. That was enough incentive to do better.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:54 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,203,216 times
I like the service that I've been getting lately.

The slow response times help me build patience and tolerance.

Wrong orders add a sense of spontaneity and excitement and wonder to my dining adventures.

Really makes to price tag on the NYC lifestyle and dining experience completely worth it!

Old 09-15-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I like the service that I've been getting lately.

The slow response times help me build patience and tolerance.

Wrong orders add a sense of spontaneity and excitement and wonder to my dining adventures.

Really makes to price tag on the NYC lifestyle and dining experience completely worth it!
Your title should be "Director of City Data Trolling"

Old 09-15-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
i blame the government and their stupid policies.

Govt force higher minimum wage and more benefits. There is excessive taxes pushed to employers. Next up is congestion pricing. This will make delivery of items even more expensive. As a result, they can hire less employees. There is less incentive for employees to work hard if its all given.

Some low wage work was never meant to support a family. I worked in fast food as a teenager. It was hard work and I had great work ethic. I worked even harder in school. That was enough incentive to do better.
That's exactly where the blame should go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City