Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 5,624 times

Advertisements

I'm moving back to the city in early July and am looking for advice on how to find a place in Brooklyn. Salary is 70k. Do not wish to commute more than 30 minutes to Manhattan. I will be working in Brooklyn (on the west side). I am open to getting a roommate but would love to get my own place. I've heard that Park Slope and Bay Ridge are great areas. I love my coffee shops and book stores and would like an area where I am in close proximity to a park (or any area with some greenery). Besides Craigslist (little luck there), where are some places were I can look for an apartment? What is reasonable to pay for an apartment in those neighborhoods (or any other neighborhoods that are worthy to look at?) Are there any other free search sites to look at? I'd be willing to work with a broker who someone's had a good experience with too. Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 02:33 PM
vhm

1 posts, read 5,493 times
Default Good luck

I live in bay ridge for the past 4 years and i would never move anywhere else. It is very green with plenty of parks,very close to the water and max 30 mins to the city. Everyone will find something to do there, 3rd avenue has plenty of restaurant from different cousines, shore road has plenty of parks which are waterview and kids have places to play. It is also very safe neighborhood. Prices are reasonable, if you allow yourself enough time you can get a desent one bedroom for around 1000, but you have to look. Good luck :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City