Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 08:24 AM

443 posts, read 316,923 times

Advertisements

I am getting more and more amenable to open carry with strict training and insurance requirements (very strict on the cyclical training part). If that bystander had a firearm and was well-trained, he would have ended this man's life instead of running away from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2022, 10:38 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Forum became boring. All crime posts and complaining about one party system we have is not that interesting.
Zero positive posts. Travels? Discoveries? Food reviews ? None of that.
You're free to start posts on any of the topics you mentioned. Truth is, transplants talk about them all of the time and there's countless content out there on food, "discovering", and "travels". Mostly the same regurgitated content. What's the obsession with "food" anyhow? I've been to countless eateries around NYC and literally a handful stand out.

Quote:
The Queens straphanger brutally beaten by a homeless ex-con in a shocking caught-on-video attack may lose sight in her right eye — and is now desperately pleading for more cops in the transit system.

Elizabeth Gomes, 33, was dragged across the Howard Beach-JFK Airport station last Tuesday morning before being repeatedly kicked and punched in the face by Waheed Foster, a 41-year-old vagrant on parole who previously beat his grandmother to death, according to police.

“Honestly, being a New Yorker, we hear these things all the time. We try to avoid it, you know?” Gomes said. “And it’s just so sad that even though we try to avoid it, these things still happen to us. I still can’t put that day together. I don’t even know.”
https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/queens...-in-right-eye/

Old 09-27-2022, 11:44 AM

6,640 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
You're free to start posts on any of the topics you mentioned. Truth is, transplants talk about them all of the time and there's countless content out there on food, "discovering", and "travels". Mostly the same regurgitated content. What's the obsession with "food" anyhow? I've been to countless eateries around NYC and literally a handful stand out.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/queens...-in-right-eye/
Quote:
by Waheed Foster, a 41-year-old vagrant on parole who previously beat his grandmother to death,
This guy murdered his own grandmother, prior assaults, stabbings.,,.and is out walking around.

This reminds me of the other dude who killed his mom yet was out and beat down an Asian in broad daylight in front of some doormen.

Bus these maniacs out of here if you aren't gonna protect the streets from them.

Old 09-27-2022, 12:15 PM

3,181 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
I am getting more and more amenable to open carry with strict training and insurance requirements (very strict on the cyclical training part). If that bystander had a firearm and was well-trained, he would have ended this man's life instead of running away from him.
You’ll need to wear body cams otherwise they’ll label you a racist for shooting an unarmed black man. It doesn’t matter if you were the victim, the whole narrative from BLM has been about changing the criminal to becoming the victim.

Old 09-27-2022, 01:07 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
I wonder... if you already have a residence permit if you still have to pay additional dues and get another background check to carry. And by the way, I wouldn't want to open carry. Once a criminal sees what you have, they will try to knock you out to try to take it. I think concealed carry is best. And I would use a 22 to disable, not a 9mm or 45. Even still, I think a stun gun is best.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:03 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Forum became boring. All crime posts and complaining about one party system we have is not that interesting.
Zero positive posts. Travels? Discoveries? Food reviews ? None of that.
You know what is great about this board? You can start any type of thread you want. Miss those types of threads? Why aren't you making them?

because it's nonsense thats why.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:30 PM

2,604 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You know what is great about this board? You can start any type of thread you want. Miss those types of threads? Why aren't you making them?

because it's nonsense thats why.
What do you mean by "it" ?

Just asking out of curiosity, not to be argumentative.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:35 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,026,428 times
The NY post article says the MTA booth clerk was on a" comfort break". Eg. He or she was either not even at work, sleeping, or playing video games while watching another NYer get almost killed. MTA booth clerks are Truly useless scum.

Old 09-28-2022, 12:44 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
This article from 2011 is all the more shocking when faced with what just happened:

Staff at a Psychiatric Centre sued the city because they claim their attacker (Waheed Foster) shoulda been locked up.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ticle-1.128481

Old 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I wonder... if you already have a residence permit if you still have to pay additional dues and get another background check to carry. And by the way, I wouldn't want to open carry. Once a criminal sees what you have, they will try to knock you out to try to take it. I think concealed carry is best. And I would use a 22 to disable, not a 9mm or 45. Even still, I think a stun gun is best.
You shoot to kill. It's harsh yes. You shoot someone to disable with a 22. The situation is escalated. He fires back at you with his gun. It's probably a larger caliber than a 22.

Stun gun doesn't always work. You have to be very close. You only get one shot. Multiple assailant's? You just escalated the event. Retaliation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City