Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 12:41 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times

Advertisements

I had just woken up and heard a noise so I looked out the window and some guy was crouching down by my car. There was another car running by a neighbor’s house that looked involved. I didn’t recognize the guy so I went downstairs to check it out because there have been a lot of thefts of catalytic converters in the area. He was now leaning against a wood pole used to support a tree the city planted last year. It turned out he was drunk and trying to throw up. I asked him if he was ok and his girlfriend said he was drunk, like that made everything ok. Then he got annoyed that I stayed and watched him and he kept staring at me. Finally he and his girlfriend went in a house across the street. They must be staying with a husband and wife who have lived there alone for a couple of years. So a guy who hasn’t even lived here for long thinks it’s ok to come home drunk in the middle of the night and try to throw up by my car and he’s upset that I came outside and asked him what he was doing. Is this now considered normal behavior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 12:53 AM

13 posts, read 14,454 times
sounds like a lot of "mind your own business" and get a garage.

Old 09-30-2022, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnia09 View Post
You crouch down by my car in the middle of the night then I will ask you what you are doing.

Old 09-30-2022, 04:11 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnia09 View Post
Sounds like the OP lives in a house. If so, then they would have off-street parking. That said, that hasn't stopped jerks from walking up to peoples' cars and doing whatever and even in a garage peoples' cars are being tampered with.

Old 09-30-2022, 05:32 AM

1,057 posts, read 547,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Sounds like the OP lives in a house. If so, then they would have off-street parking. That said, that hasn't stopped jerks from walking up to peoples' cars and doing whatever and even in a garage peoples' cars are being tampered with.
Huh? Plenty of houses in the city don't have off-street parking.

OP should be careful. Years ago a man in Bay Ridge looked our and saw someone attempting to steal his car. He went out and chased him away. Then, enraged, he went looking and found him trying to break into another car. Ended up getting stabbed to death in the stomach -- with a screwdriver.

Old 09-30-2022, 05:52 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,489,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I had just woken up and heard a noise so I looked out the window and some guy was crouching down by my car. There was another car running by a neighbor’s house that looked involved. I didn’t recognize the guy so I went downstairs to check it out because there have been a lot of thefts of catalytic converters in the area. He was now leaning against a wood pole used to support a tree the city planted last year. It turned out he was drunk and trying to throw up. I asked him if he was ok and his girlfriend said he was drunk, like that made everything ok. Then he got annoyed that I stayed and watched him and he kept staring at me. Finally he and his girlfriend went in a house across the street. They must be staying with a husband and wife who have lived there alone for a couple of years. So a guy who hasn’t even lived here for long thinks it’s ok to come home drunk in the middle of the night and try to throw up by my car and he’s upset that I came outside and asked him what he was doing. Is this now considered normal behavior?
Why is this even worthy of a thread? You think throwing up from being drunk in public is anything new?

Old 09-30-2022, 05:58 AM

Catalytic converters and wheels/tires have been stolen in my neighborhood. When I saw a guy I didn’t recognize at 2:15 a.m. doing something by the side of my car I wasn’t going to ignore it. Some months ago somebody keyed the chrome on the back of my trunk and this guy was near the same area. I was going to yell at him from the upstairs window to get away from my car but I went downstairs and watched him some more and I realized he was sick. I went outside from my porch and asked if he was alright. Then his girlfriend who wasn’t in view said he was drunk as if it was normal for someone to be so drunk he couldn’t stand up straight without leaning on something. Had he been a thief I wouldn’t have chased after him but thieves usually run when confronted.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Why is this even worthy of a thread? You think throwing up from being drunk in public is anything new?
Did someone force you to click on the thread after reading the title? When I see a thread that I am not interested in then I pass it by. I don’t reply “why is this even worthy of a thread”.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:09 AM

6,661 posts, read 2,969,843 times
I thought you were gonna say he was taking a dump in between cars,..lol.
Much worse.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:15 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post

Some may find it normal behavior ( guess they are used to living in a crap hole )
but you did the right thing. Well done.

This is a quality of life issue.

May I offer a suggestion.
This has happened where kids in the past have used my car hood as a coffee table for boozing and sitting.
That is until I pressed the panic button on my car key.

Hahahahaha.......needless to say never had a problem since.........................Best wishes Mr.Martin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City