Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 08:41 AM

2,712 posts, read 1,300,898 times

Advertisements

19-year-old N.Y.C. school staffer in critical condition after being shot in the head

Quote:
Police said they believed the victim was targeted, but said the motive for the shooting was not immediately clear.

The victim's union told NBC New York that he worked as a school paraprofessional for the Department of Education. They said the 19-year-old was working at P.S. 203 on Tuesday, but can be assigned to other schools as well.
What an awful incident. I wonder why the cops believe that the victim was targeted? Seems like if they were working in the school system that they somewhat have their act together, can't imagine them being too caught up in nefarious activity in the free time, but these days it wouldn't shock me either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 09:13 AM

6,926 posts, read 3,136,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
19-year-old N.Y.C. school staffer in critical condition after being shot in the head

What an awful incident. I wonder why the cops believe that the victim was targeted? Seems like if they were working in the school system that they somewhat have their act together, can't imagine them being too caught up in nefarious activity in the free time, but these days it wouldn't shock me either.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was just some disgruntled students who didn't like him. Perhaps for exactly what you mention. Having your act together. Words may have been said in school, etc,.. thug kids didn't like it and crabbed him.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:03 AM

89 posts, read 51,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if it was just some disgruntled students who didn't like him. Perhaps for exactly what you mention. Having your act together. Words may have been said in school, etc,.. thug kids didn't like it and crabbed him.
The oldest kids in that school are about 10 years old. What kind of 10 year old is shooting their teacher? It's more likely an outside perpetrator.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:17 AM

6,926 posts, read 3,136,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal98 View Post
The oldest kids in that school are about 10 years old. What kind of 10 year old is shooting their teacher? It's more likely an outside perpetrator.
Ha,.my bad then. I thought it was a regular High School.

Then perhaps just a rando whacko, like how that EMT worker was killed for no apparent reason.

Old 10-12-2022, 06:18 PM

16,262 posts, read 7,007,991 times
The rivers of violence bringing guns into our communities
didn’t begin in our city but they will end here. We will keep our city safe.

as reported by Mayor Adams

You can't catch vermin if you don't set traps. Return the Power to our Police ..................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: