Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2022, 01:52 PM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
My statement was precisely about people like you. Re-read the thread in context. Pierrpont was implying that I was only highlighting crime in NYC due to the the preponderance of it being committed by non Whites/Asians. He claimed that he was a "Republican" but could see right through me. He was basically pushing woke talking points with regard to crime but claiming to be a "Republican". Kind of strange, isn't it?

There's a lot of strange politics in NYC (aka "do as I say, not as I do") due to the welfare state. For example, like I mentioned previously, Staten Island voting reliably Republican but having the largest percentage of government workers of any borough. People voting reliably R year after year but sucking at the teet of big government. I'm not saying that's good nor bad. We obviously need some government workers. Simply pointing out the fact that it doesn't jive.

There are a lot of examples on the left as well in NYC. The most blatant being the most ardent "progressives" in NYC living in the whitest neighborhoods in order to send their kids to the whitest schools. They claim to love diversity but act the opposite in their day to day life. Strange, isn't it?

Same goes with you as you're a prime example of this. You claim to be "a big fan" of Ron Paul yet advocate for the very thing (big government) he was categorically against. The man built his political philosophy precisely in opposition to "big government". I grew up listening to a lot of Ron Paul a that was his heyday in the House. Therefore, your claimed philosophy is contradictory at it's core. It's like someone being a Hindu and a Muslim all at once. It doesn't jive.

What's your real philosophy/ belief system? I reckon that you'd like to be a "big fan" of Ron Paul but you like sucking on that government teet too much and when push comes to shove, Ron Paul takes a back seat when it's convenient for you. It's OK. Most people aren't principled in our current environment so don't feel too ashamed. We have politicians who govern with no shame and the electorate follows their lead. That's the greatest reason I see the welfare state as an existential danger. It leads to the moral degradation of society and we're seeing it play out in NYC currently.
Why don't you ever complain about banks that are too big to fail, long term politicians themselves who suck on the public teet, big pharmaceutical companies, NYC landlords who receive big tax breaks and Zelensky - all of whom receive handouts, and trillions of dollars of our taxpayer money?

This is my analysis based on your previous postings: Because you don't see big banks and pharmaceutical companies being owned and favoring communities of color. As conservative as I lean, I can spot racism a mile away (and by the way, I am not black). It's good for one group of people to accept so called handouts but not for others, right?

Let me put you in your place. You are a refugee - you should sit down and the shut the hell up. You are no different from the migrants coming across the border. It was because of humane policy that your ass is here and not because of people who view starved-out-war-torn-genocidal-high-crime Yugoslavians as sub humans. As far as the conservative is concerned, you should've stayed back there and fought for your country - not come here like a chicken to suck off the public teet towards the beginning of your journey. But now that you have received your handout, you're criticizing everyone else? Jesus, ya'll can't make this up!

Dam, I sure told him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2022, 03:19 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,276,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Why don't you ever complain about banks that are too big to fail, long term politicians themselves who suck on the public teet, big pharmaceutical companies, NYC landlords who receive big tax breaks and Zelensky - all of whom receive handouts, and trillions of dollars of our taxpayer money?

This is my analysis based on your previous postings: Because you don't see big banks and pharmaceutical companies being owned and favoring communities of color. As conservative as I lean, I can spot racism a mile away (and by the way, I am not black). It's good for one group of people to accept so called handouts but not for others, right?

Let me put you in your place. You are a refugee - you should sit down and the shut the hell up. You are no different from the migrants coming across the border. It was because of humane policy that your ass is here and not because of people who view starved-out-war-torn-genocidal-high-crime Yugoslavians as sub humans. As far as the conservative is concerned, you should've stayed back there and fought for your country - not come here like a chicken to suck off the public teet towards the beginning of your journey. But now that you have received your handout, you're criticizing everyone else? Jesus, ya'll can't make this up!

Dam, I sure told him!
First, I've obviously touched a nerve and rightfully so. Don't claim to be something you're not. Be honest about who and what you are.

As I've mentioned to you before, don't obfuscate the issue by lumping everything together.

I can't steal, rob, and rape and claim immunity because others do it too. That's not a defense and never has been.

I'm not Yugoslavian by the way. Far from it actually. Yugoslavia is in the Balkans. Las time I checked, I'm not Balkan. Although I do enjoy their cuisine a lot. Where I was born is about 1,000 miles away and there was no war. I can't say I'm surprised by your lack of geographical and historical knowledge.

As far as handouts, back when we arrived there were virtually no handouts and being on welfare programs was, quite literally, shameful. My parents went to work ( literally)weeks after arriving (we were staying with family for the first few months) for whatever the minimum wage was at the time.

Think about that. My parents came here not knowing the language, having no savings, not being used to the culture and they still put multiple kids through college (paid upfront), paid off a home in Brooklyn, etc. That's how it used to be with all immigrants.

Contrast that to advocating and trying to mental gymnastics your way for government handouts. Aren't you ashamed? It's quite embarrassing.

Last edited by Esacni; 11-05-2022 at 03:54 PM..

Old 11-05-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It is the same data source you use to claim it will lead to a “healthy market “ when rs goes away. The seat of your pants
The US is built on a capitalist economic system, correct?
My data is, quite literally, the US itself and everywhere in the US that doesn't have some form of drastic rent and zoning regulation.

You're the one claiming that this system cannot work in the NYC housing rental market. The burden of proof is on you.

Old 11-06-2022, 03:18 AM

16,180 posts, read 6,932,930 times
The Real Estate Market needs Federal Regulation..............( sarcasm )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
They already did that. The federal government legislated a rent freeze in the city back in 1943.
In 1943 we were at war with very bad people overseas.
Today we are at war with non contributing members of society right here at home........... Yes sarcasm................................

Old 11-06-2022, 04:15 AM

107,044 posts, read 109,362,256 times
Quote:
The US is built on a capitalist economic system, correct?
My data is, quite literally, the US itself and everywhere in the US that doesn't have some form of drastic rent and zoning regulation.

You're the one claiming that this system cannot work in the NYC housing rental market. The burden of proof is on you.
Wrong , capitalism is very much Alive and well in the stabilized market place which is why most of us are in it or were in it .

There are rules and regulations in all segments of investing . Ever read a finra manual ?

We all just learn to work within that framework to profit.

New York City real estate has produced some of the wealthiest people including my ex partner Bernie spitzer who made incredible money in nyc real estate despite the obstacles you mentioned.

It is all about learning to play the cards you are dealt

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-06-2022 at 04:27 AM..

Old 11-06-2022, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Wrong , capitalism is very much Alive and well in the stabilized market place which is why most of us are in it.

There are rules and regulations in all segments of investing . Ever read a finra manual ?

We all just learn to work within that framework to profit.

New York City real estate has produced some of the wealthiest people including my ex partner Bernie spitzer who made incredible money in nyc real estate despite the obstacles you mentioned
You're quite strange. Someone making money from a rigged market is a sign that "capitalism is very much alive"?

I guess Putin or Xi are the greatest capitalists of all time?

By the way, your "partner" (you use this term very loosely) Bernie Spritzer produced Elliot Spritzer. Apples don't fall far from trees.

If I invest in Tesla, is Elon Musk my "partner"? You seem a bit delusional to me.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:03 AM

Quote:
You're quite strange. Someone making money from a rigged market is a sign that "capitalism is very much alive"?

I guess Putin or Xi are the greatest capitalists of all time?

By the way, your "partner" (you use this term very loosely) Bernie Spritzer produced Elliot Spritzer. Apples don't fall far from trees.

If I invest in Tesla, is Elon Musk my "partner"? You seem a bit delusional to me.
Having discussions with you are wasted time it seems …

Just keep blaming everyone else for rigged markets or claiming you somehow can’t make money in real estate here becuse of rules and regulations.

The biggest obstacle to growing one’s wealth is believing one’s own bull sh#t

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-06-2022 at 05:46 AM..

Old 11-06-2022, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
The Real Estate Market needs Federal Regulation..............( sarcasm )

In 1943 we were at war with very bad people overseas.
Today we are at war with non contributing members of society right here at home........... Yes sarcasm................................

These people are clowns. They know nothing of the history in 1943.

The entire US economy was oriented toward war production so domestic supply for all type of goods and services was severely constrained. The Feds legislated temporary prices controls across the economy for obvious reasons.

In NYC, regulation of rent is just used to buy votes.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Having discussions with you are wasted time it seems …

Just keep blaming everyone else for rigged markets or claiming you somehow can’t make money in real estate here becuse of rules and regulations.

The biggest obstacle to growing one’s wealth is believing one’s own bull sh#t
You're quite a strange character. Who ever mentioned trying to make money off of RE? I'm not a RE investor. Nor do I ever intend to be. I work in tech. It compensates well and I'm grateful for that. I dabble in equities and other easily accessible investments. It's way more fun.

I've never been even remotely interested in RE apart from buying a condo in BK and a house in LI for personal use. That's where my interest in RE begins and ends.

It seems the the only reason you like to talk about RE in NYC is to mention that you made a few dollars off of it. So tell us. How much did you make? $1MM, $5MM? $50MM? $500MM? We're all curious. Maybe we're the in presence of another Warren Buffett!

We're discussing the economic and political justifications for rent regulation in NYC and you keep mentioning that you (and some others) are able to make some money in this market. Apart from the fact that no one is arguing that there aren't profits to be made in a heavily regulated market, your brain seems to be stuck in one gear that's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Your claim that the NYC rental market cannot function in the absence of heavy regulation is outright asinine. It's simply not true. The fact that some can turn a profit is absolutely irrelevant to the conversation. We're discussing apples and you're arguing for oranges.

Last edited by Esacni; 11-06-2022 at 06:06 AM..

Old 11-06-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:
You're quite a strange character. Who ever mentioned trying to make money off of RE? I'm not a RE investor. Nor do I ever intend to be. I work in tech. It compensates well and I'm grateful for that. I've never been even remotely interested in RE apart from buying a condo in BK and a house in LI for personal use. That's where my interest in RE begins and ends.

It seems the the only reason you like to talk about RE in NYC is to mention that you made a few dollars off of it. So tell us. How much did you make? $1MM, $5MM? $50MM? $500MM? We're all curious. Maybe we're the in presence of another Warren Buffett!

We're discussing the economic and political justifications for rent regulation in NYC and you keep mentioning that you (and some others) are able to make some money in this market. Apart from the fact that no one is arguing that there aren't profits to be made in a heavily regulated market, your brain seems to be stuck in one gear that's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Your claim that the NYC rental market cannot function in the absence of heavy regulation is outright asinine. It's simply not true. The fact that some can turn a profit is absolutely irrelevant to the conversation. We're discussing apples and you're arguing for oranges.
Noooo I never said it can’t function …I said we won’t see much difference except rents for all would more likely rise then not and simply put an extra burden on those who may have lower rents …it will likely do little for anyone else if done away with …

The reason I mention how i profited is because so few here understand how you profit or why developers and many landlords actually want stabilization to continue …

They get a flawed view from people like you who complain and complain but still have not demonstrated a thing would change .

While we can’t say what would happen if it went way we can look and see what is happening here with it in place .

Many tenants are benefiting and rentals are being put up again because of the incentive programs just because stabilization in place . Developers and land lords are benefiting off it as well or they wouldnt be in it .

Seems like there is still more good coming out of it for both sides then bad

Perhaps they should stop giving people tax breaks on mortgage interest , real estate taxes , or even having more kids ,aca subsidies should be stopped , because I don’t benefit …after all why should they pay less …that seems to be your kind of thinking because if it isn’t benefiting you then it should go away

But nice spins you add even if they are not accurate.

Nyc is where many on both sides adapted and learned to play by the restrictions and rules and use them to their benefit.

the rest the market is likely not going to change much here either way , except most likely costing more for renters

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-06-2022 at 07:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City