Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2022, 06:33 AM

3,399 posts, read 1,783,402 times

Advertisements

I should go meet this guy or start my own channel. Anyone who disagrees with this video is simply drinking the NYC koolaid.

Some of the stuff is a bit exaggerated but as long as the examples are there, it's not so much.

I do laugh at transplants that come here paying $3500+ for a crappy den or tiny esque apt and then scrambling to find roomies to split their load.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 09:06 AM

2,324 posts, read 1,172,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post

I should go meet this guy or start my own channel. Anyone who disagrees with this video is simply drinking the NYC koolaid.

Some of the stuff is a bit exaggerated but as long as the examples are there, it's not so much.

I do laugh at transplants that come here paying $3500+ for a crappy den or tiny esque apt and then scrambling to find roomies to split their load.

Cash Jordan makes nice YouTube videos even if your not looking to rent an apartment. Even funnier is some of the neighborhoods the apartments are in. Cash should warn the suckers, I mean transplants, about these semi-ghetto areas. LOL!

Old 10-21-2022, 10:01 AM

499 posts, read 796,722 times
Almost all that footage is from last winter. There are now some days, especially weekends, where the streets feel busier than pre-pandemic.

Old 10-21-2022, 01:17 PM

Well, the food prices he is showing is pretty recent because I don't think a lot of places especially St Marks Place and K-town are worth it at all. Way overpriced and hyped up junk food. I guess many people live in hill billy places having a kimchi ramen is a delicacy.

Old 10-21-2022, 03:17 PM

6,702 posts, read 6,096,823 times
He’s right. Someone from Verizon came over to my apartment to connect wires and he said that he’s worried about losing his job. Pre pandemic, he had a full schedule every single day with businesses and private customers but he said he’s lucky if he gets two people a week. He told me many businesses have left commercial real estate and that many buildings are sitting basically empty.

^^ This happened just two weeks ago.

Old 10-21-2022, 04:58 PM

16,219 posts, read 6,966,934 times
Love it.......................Many posters would label this guy a Trump supporter or right winger for speaking the truth.

For crying out loud ........rent an apartment in the other 4 boroughs if you really want to save money for your rainy day not the property owner.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 10-21-2022 at 06:03 PM..

Old 10-22-2022, 12:07 PM

539 posts, read 527,164 times
I find the point the guy in the video is trying to make is unclear. In the same breath he says nyc is going to **** and some buildings are empty but also that there are crazy lines and some people are making a ton of money. Isn't that just indicative of demand shift? Comparing prices in 2020 during the market fall to 2022 also doesn't seem right, 2019 would be a better comparison.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Love it.......................Many posters would label this guy a Trump supporter or right winger for speaking the truth.

For crying out loud ........rent an apartment in the other 4 boroughs if you really want to save money for your rainy day not the property owner.
It's common for the established party to call out any complaint or negative comments as the opposing party or leader.

NYC's current trajectory we are heading for liberal wasteland oasis like other cities such as LA and Seattle. Homeless tent cities, low class neighborhoods surrounding high priced areas. Expensive items to offset goods theft, police force being neutered down due to woke policies. Criminals skirting the law, what's next? Just like a scene out of Robocop's detroit city.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:51 PM

1,524 posts, read 1,825,877 times
The only comment Cash Jordan "liked" in the comments was this:

"Traveling in Asia for 2 months, life is night and day here compared to nyc in terms of crime, value, and overall quality of life with better restaurants, services, and overall feel. I don’t know why you left Japan, it’s way better there. Its sad really how a small demographic can destroy NYC"

It's true too.

Old 10-23-2022, 01:28 AM

11 posts, read 6,575 times
Why? Horrifically poor leadership from stem to stern. We have a mayor who would rather spend his days being fitted for zoot suits than perform his duties as mayor, and an unelected, staggeringly incompetent, irredeemabley corrupt virago masquerading as governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City