Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 07:29 AM

5,531 posts, read 7,121,948 times

Advertisements

Everybody should remember this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAMDhVT50I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 09:08 AM

3,242 posts, read 1,691,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
And what do you base this on? Anything in reality or just your perception skewed by what you want to believe based on your own agenda? Please prove with actual facts, NOT FEELINGS, that this is true.
This is based on facts, bail reform is necessary but too broad in combination with decriminalization of many offenses it is leading to rise of crime. I don’t think crime today was as high as the 90s but it is higher than the early 2010s once a broader push to reduce crime was working and ended the crime wave of the 90s. But it is picking up again today mainly because the same criminals are committing the crimes and not a larger criminal population like in the 90s filled with gangs, drug dealers, mafias, and ghettos created by projects.

Gentrification has displaced a lot of high crime areas in the city but the decisions made by prior administrations has enabled the criminals to remain in NYC despite gentrification and high price cost of living.

Your tax dollars at work are paying to keep criminals living among the well to do.

You can pretend that crime doesn’t exist or lower than Hochul says but it’s just a matter of time when you happen to share sidewalks with a vagrant or mentally unstable that you will become another blotter.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:36 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,492,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
This is based on facts, bail reform is necessary but too broad in combination with decriminalization of many offenses it is leading to rise of crime. I don’t think crime today was as high as the 90s but it is higher than the early 2010s once a broader push to reduce crime was working and ended the crime wave of the 90s. But it is picking up again today mainly because the same criminals are committing the crimes and not a larger criminal population like in the 90s filled with gangs, drug dealers, mafias, and ghettos created by projects.

Gentrification has displaced a lot of high crime areas in the city but the decisions made by prior administrations has enabled the criminals to remain in NYC despite gentrification and high price cost of living.

Your tax dollars at work are paying to keep criminals living among the well to do.

You can pretend that crime doesn’t exist or lower than Hochul says but it’s just a matter of time when you happen to share sidewalks with a vagrant or mentally unstable that you will become another blotter.
You claimed criminals back during the height of crime in the 70s-90s were actually afraid of cops. You then made the claim that criminals today aren't afraid of the police like they supposedly were back then. Again, I ask you to provide a shred of evidence to support this claim. I'm willing to listen.

I'd also like to see proof that the criminal population today is smaller, but responsible for a bigger slide of the pie. Again, I'm willing to listen if it's indeed true.

So many ridiculous claims get passed off as fact on here with zero evidence because it fits the bizarrely narrow worldview of the weird segment of the population of NYC who dominates this board.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:58 AM

3,242 posts, read 1,691,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
You claimed criminals back during the height of crime in the 70s-90s were actually afraid of cops. You then made the claim that criminals today aren't afraid of the police like they supposedly were back then. Again, I ask you to provide a shred of evidence to support this claim. I'm willing to listen.

I'd also like to see proof that the criminal population today is smaller, but responsible for a bigger slide of the pie. Again, I'm willing to listen if it's indeed true.

So many ridiculous claims get passed off as fact on here with zero evidence because it fits the bizarrely narrow worldview of the weird segment of the population of NYC who dominates this board.
Here you go, on NYC gov’s own website. https://www.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/p...justice-system

”The hardworking women and men of the NYPD are doing the work, but the overall system is failing New Yorkers by allowing repeat offenders back out on the streets over and over again,” said Mayor Adams. “Time and time again, our police officers arrest someone who has multiple charges, but no matter how many times this person may have been arrested before, they are often walking free hours later. There is almost no accountability, and that makes us all less safe. I fought against abuses in the criminal justice system as an officer and as founder of 100 Black Men in Law Enforcement, and I know it is possible to keep New Yorkers safe, while serving justice at the same time. We need targeted, strategic, smart fixes to our laws that focus on the small number of people that are driving crime — the few hundred serial offenders in custody who are taking advantage of the system and exploiting reforms every day. We must stop this revolving door of injustice.”

I posted this because I know you’re a lazy denier. This is straight from the mayor’s mouth so don’t call me a liar.

And who the heck are you to call me a liar or someone who makes up stuff, when someone like you just deny and argues against logic and real statistical facts that anyone can google up.

Old 11-03-2022, 12:41 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,226,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Everybody should remember this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAMDhVT50I
That was classic.

Miss you Sue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: