Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 01:18 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times

Advertisements

Hey!

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 01:37 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,254,879 times
More nice new shiny expensive stuff for these folks to trash in no time.

Old 12-12-2022, 04:08 PM

2,335 posts, read 1,043,777 times
It's the Bronx. How soon before the jump the turnstile commuters get on board with their portable speakers and begin doing Showtime subway gymnastics in the aisles? I can imagine some rich hedge fund guy from Greenwich in a suit getting slammed head first by Mr showtime as the train causes him to stumble. But not before he makes off with his wallet.

Old 12-12-2022, 04:22 PM

5,753 posts, read 2,654,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
It's the Bronx. How soon before the jump the turnstile commuters get on board with their portable speakers and begin doing Showtime subway gymnastics in the aisles? I can imagine some rich hedge fund guy from Greenwich in a suit getting slammed head first by Mr showtime as the train causes him to stumble. But not before he makes off with his wallet.
You know they have ticket takers on metro north

Old 12-12-2022, 04:33 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,296,131 times
Amtrak uses the same rails as New Haven line Metro North from New Rochelle to New Haven. Just south of New Rochelle, the New Haven line Metro-North trains head west while the Amtrak lines continue south to the Hells Gate Bridge into Queens and then into Manhattan and Penn Station. The New Haven MetroNorth trains continue through eastern Bronx, joining the Harlem line trains at Mt. Vernon and the Hudson Line trains near Melrose and then they all head over the Harlem River into Manhattan and Grand Central Terminal.

Will this Hells Gate line use these same tracks as Amtrak? Which of the New Haven line trains will terminate at Penn Station rather than GCT? I haven't seen much discussion about this.

Fares will probably be more than subway, but less than express buses.

Old 12-12-2022, 05:14 PM

3,767 posts, read 3,500,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
FWIW there are already metro north stations in the west Bronx, arguably a worse part of The Bronx, and there are no issues.

Don't think Metro North (and MTA Police) will allow these new stations and rail lines to succumb to the miscreants

The fact that conductors walk up and down the train punching tickets keeps a lot of the perps to avoid these trains

Old 12-12-2022, 05:45 PM

2,335 posts, read 1,043,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
FWIW there are already metro north stations in the west Bronx, arguably a worse part of The Bronx, and there are no issues.

Don't think Metro North (and MTA Police) will allow these new stations and rail lines to succumb to the miscreants

The fact that conductors walk up and down the train punching tickets keeps a lot of the perps to avoid these trains
Too bad they don't walk up and down the aisles punching out miscreants.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM

3,755 posts, read 1,453,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I hope the mta can make a walkway that allows connection between metro north and and the 6 train. It would also be convient to open up a metro north station in Queens. This would allow a connection between Bronx and Queens without going to Manhattan.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:11 AM

155 posts, read 121,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post

I live in the Bronx and use the several of the Metro-North stations in the Bronx to get to work near Grand Central. I've never seen any of the 'showtime' guys doing a routine on-board the MNR. Most of the folks who use my station are professionals with a sprinkle of students whose parent's probably pay for their commute to school.

I don't foresee the type of folks you describe getting on the MNR. Is that something you've witnessed on the RR?

Old 12-13-2022, 11:12 AM

155 posts, read 121,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

I don't think these stations will be trashed. They will likely be used by professionals who prefer to pay a premium to ride into work. That's my experience taking the MNR into Grand Central for work from a station in the Bronx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City