Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 10:17 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,154,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Areas see in The Bronx that will see improvements

Port Morris
Parts of Mott Haven
Hunt Point
Harding Park
Clason Point
Pelham Bay
Morris Park
Pelham Parkway

Morris Park (east Bronx) is already a safe quiet middle-class area of mostly 1-2-3 family homes. Even back when the south Bronx was being burned down by it's residents the east Bronx was a safe area. Mostly Italian-American back then, many Albanian-Americans and others today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2023, 10:22 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,154,446 times
Quote:
There projects in Chelsea, Lower East Side in Manhattan, Dumbo Brooklyn, Long Island City. The new 1,000 foot luxury tower in Brooklyn is near NYCHA.

That's all true but I wonder if during the current crime wave that the residents of all those new luxury buildings are being targeted by the residents of the nearby nycha and other low-income projects.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:57 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,897,291 times
here go, bx come

Old 01-11-2023, 01:19 PM

37,169 posts, read 39,451,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Is it on the same level, though? I know that not all projects are created equally, and some have much more serious problems of lawlessness than others. Atlantic Terminal projects (adjacent to the Pacific Park development/Barclays Center) are what I'd consider to be model projects. I ask this question genuinely as I really don't know much about the projects in the South Bronx.

Yea, some are worse than others, but that also changes with the time and with the neighborhood. Besides, as expensive as these South Bronx listings are, they're still nowhere near the price of new luxury condos in Chelsea, LES, Dumbo, or LIC.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:30 PM

5,691 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, some are worse than others, but that also changes with the time and with the neighborhood. Besides, as expensive as these South Bronx listings are, they're still nowhere near the price of new luxury condos in Chelsea, LES, Dumbo, or LIC.
Yah not even close, a 2000 ft apartment in Manhattan is 4-7 million.
South Bronx it's only 1 million.

Old 01-12-2023, 10:09 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,303,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Morris Park (east Bronx) is already a safe quiet middle-class area of mostly 1-2-3 family homes. Even back when the south Bronx was being burned down by it's residents the east Bronx was a safe area. Mostly Italian-American back then, many Albanian-Americans and others today.
Most of the East Bronx consists of low density housing and homeowners, which is why it remained relatively stable and safe when the South Bronx was burning. Same situation in places like Riverdale, Woodlawn, etc... The decent areas of The Bronx are mainly those with high ownership levels, be it co-ops, condos or homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Yah not even close, a 2000 ft apartment in Manhattan is 4-7 million.
South Bronx it's only 1 million.
Which is still insanely expensive when you compare those prices to the median income in those areas. These are some of the poorest neighborhoods not just in The Bronx, but in the entire country.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:01 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,263,244 times
Don't look at the purchase price. Purchase price in NYC means nothing. Look at the price per square foot. $1MM for 2,000 square feet is about as average as one can get for the outer boroughs. There are plenty of "boring" neighborhoods in Brooklyn that command higher per square foot prices.

For ****s and giggles my wife and I looked at condos in the South Bronx when were looking to buy a condo a few years back.

Old 01-12-2023, 09:39 PM

5,691 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post

Which is still insanely expensive when you compare those prices to the median income in those areas. These are some of the poorest neighborhoods not just in The Bronx, but in the entire country.
Yes that's true. Definitely not the locals buying.

Old 01-12-2023, 10:09 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,957 times
Quote:
For the first time in South Bronx real estate history, condominium apartments have cracked the $1 million price tag.

The two units are located in the Bronx Bricks condominium at 305 E 140th Street, the first condo loft conversion in the South Bronx back in 2008.

Condo sales prices in the South Bronx have been slowly creeping towards the $1 million mark since 2019 when a brand new construction condo development opened in 2019 on E 138th Street just a couple of blocks from Bronx Bricks.

These rising and record sales prices are all happening as thousands of luxury rental units are being constructed just a few blocks south along the Harlem River Waterfront in Port Morris, where two-bedroom units are renting for well above $4,000 a month at developments like Bankside.

https://www.welcome2thebronx.com/202...state-records/
LOL Barth. Not so great area.

Old 01-12-2023, 10:27 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,999 times
Riding along the Triboro (pardon me, RFK), there's a whole bunch of condo complexs along the Willis Av Bridge. I was taken aback, when I saw it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City