Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 08:03 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,127,796 times

Advertisements

Its sad how businesses now have to adjust and change due to crime. Numerous items in shops now behind locked cabinets, and now using a bank ATM just got more difficult. The banks are stupid, because this is only going to cause complaints and loss of customers.

But they want to save money by not hiring guards....

The inmates began running the asylum years ago in NYC and they are here to stay sadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 08:03 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
When will TD bank follow?
TD Bank has security always when the bank is open because their tellers don't sit behind glass. Never used their ATMs though, but that is interesting that they wouldn't have security when the bank is closed.

Old 01-22-2023, 08:25 AM

31,900 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
TD Bank has security always when the bank is open because their tellers don't sit behind glass. Never used their ATMs though, but that is interesting that they wouldn't have security when the bank is closed.
That began when then Commerce Bank arrived in USA touting themselves as being "not like a bank". Open tellers, long hours, open on weekends, etc...

It didn't take long for criminals to notice Commerce bank's tellers being more like cashiers in a shop and branches were getting jacked on nearly daily basis. Eejits just walked up to tellers, handed them a note, got bags of cash and were out the door.

At first Commerce Bank (at least in NYC) turned to paid detail NYPD something TD Bank kept when they bought CB. When NYPD raised rates for PD, TD Bank turned to hiring their own private security.

The guards TD Bank has in ATM branches late/overnight seem to be a lower grade than those who work during day. Like ones used by Chase and other banks were talking people from shelters and anyone else willing to work for minimum wage. Long as someone can pass background check (clean rap sheet), they're good to go.

Commerce/TD Bank was a sweet gig for NYPD PD. Branches had long hours and were open on weekends so there was good amount of chances to rack up OT hours. Most if not all branches were new, modern and upscale.

During down time (Commerce and then TD Bank until they stopped) used to be open until 8PM or later there would be time to chit chat with staff, customers....

Old 01-22-2023, 08:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
NYC should consider revamping Riker's Island. Making state of the art prisons and creating another section for homeless people.

Same goes for San Fran. Revamp Alcatraz Island.

Old 01-22-2023, 09:09 AM

119 posts, read 71,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
One of the machines at our chase in the lobby has a stupid feature ….

It spits out hundred dollar bills unless you hit choose bills .

When you do that , every time you hit the 20 dollar button it chimes letting everyone know it could be a lot of bills coming out .

If I took my normal 800 dollars it would chime 40 times ..

Just stupidity
For that kind of money,you should really go to a physical branch.

Old 01-22-2023, 09:26 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
One of the machines at our chase in the lobby has a stupid feature ….

It spits out hundred dollar bills unless you hit choose bills .

When you do that , every time you hit the 20 dollar button it chimes letting everyone know it could be a lot of bills coming out .

If I took my normal 800 dollars it would chime 40 times ..

Just stupidity
If you do $200 transactions it automatically spits out only 20's. If I need a lot of cash I do multiple $200 transactions because I find 50's and 100's annoying.

Old 01-22-2023, 09:28 AM

119 posts, read 71,838 times
The ATM machine was designed not for folks who withdraw large amount

Old 01-22-2023, 10:03 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
Just another decline of the quality of life in this very liberal city. You add up all the little quality of life declines and you see why life in this city can be so hard. That’s why you get so little and usually in poor quality for just about everything and yet pay so much more than other parts of the country. The irony is that the people that suffer the most are the middle and lower classes and yet they are the ones that mindlessly and loyally vote for this.

Enjoy your dystopia, dumb sheeple.

Old 01-22-2023, 10:26 AM

31,900 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisthemedic View Post
The ATM machine was designed not for folks who withdraw large amount
Not true at all; or maybe not in ages.

As banks have pushed customers to use ATM machines more and more instead of tellers technology has kept up. TD Bank and other ATM machines often yes can dispense large bills or amounts. How much one can withdraw in a given 24 hour period is still often limited. This is for a very good reason, otherwise some eegit with access to bank account (stolen or cloned ATM card and has pin) could clear out an account by simply looking up balance, then taking all that is allowed.

Old 01-22-2023, 10:31 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
If you do $200 transactions it automatically spits out only 20's. If I need a lot of cash I do multiple $200 transactions because I find 50's and 100's annoying.
Don't know what bank you use, but I always have the option to pick the bills I want. $5s, $20s, $50s and $100s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City