Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 10:15 AM

38 posts, read 20,396 times

Advertisements

I would not say that about any cops using the system to their advantage ever since the stupid Defund Police “movement”. They weaponized our NYPD so why would any cops want to stay

Notice how they are blackening and browning to NYPD it is obvious they do not want white cops in NYPD anymore. They do not want them in the fire department either

This little incident is a pretty straight forward warning to everyone that blacks and browns probably have a much different temperament in policing. Watch out for dumpster fires

Look at Africa. Are there any stellar cops over there? Probably basically a bunch of insanity compared to NY we have the best police force in the world

Not much longer though because Eric Adams don’t want any whites in there. He wants a black and brown police force because they are historically oppressed by you know who.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 10:20 AM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
Your friend is a moron and as much of a leech on our society as the "asylum" seekers.
You’re just mad cops benefit from this stuff. I get it, I saw it in 2020. I guess naming my $20,000 jetski ACAB in honor of their sacrifice wasn’t good enough

Here’s the thing: it didn’t happen here and has zero effect on NYC. If the politicians are going to allow the aggrieved class to openly riot to “blow off steam”, then you better believe smart cops are going to take advantage, as they should.

Is it wrong for construction workers to benefit after a hurricane? Are they leeches? You want change? Vote for politicians that crush criminals and commies. Problem solved, back to poor cops.

Until then, seethe, because your opinion is inconsequential as my monthly George Floyd pension hits every 30th/31st.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-29-2023, 10:32 AM

It is a clear warning of the police force to come in America. They want to reverse everything so white citizens have to fear a bunch of aggrieved black and brown cops

Everyone will have to begin fearing cops like they do in countries that are black and brown like in Africa the cops can do anything they want. In Latin America the cops can do anything they want just like cartels have free reign and very lawless

Thanks to the liberal college students and all sorts of other extremely dumb groups, they weaponizing police against us the same way places do in third world countries

Trump correctly said it, **** hole countries

Old 01-29-2023, 10:40 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,350,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
None of this had anything to do with "training" or his resisting. They had a vendetta against the kid for some reason and wanted to mess him up. Their approach to the a non-felony stop was ultra-violent and aggressive. He laid down and they basically made it impossible for him to give them both hands they way they initially approached him and were leaning on him. They wanted him to "resist". 2 of them openly lied on the videos saying he tried to get their guns. It's all there on video.

Nobody needs "training" to know you don't kick a kid in the head when he's on the ground or punch him in the face 4 times when he's being restrained by your comrades, or that as a comrade you don't allow that to happen. It's not "training" it's called being a human being and not an animal.

Time to check your own humanity. In 90% of these videos I see the cops perspective. But there are just too many videos of sadists out there and we need to re-evaluate who becomes cops. Meanwhile where I live the cops continue to get away without wearing body cams, which is reprehensible.

And I'll just leave this here regarding said dept to show the depths of corruption of these guys who don't think they need civilian oversight: https://reason.com/2022/08/24/a-cop-...the-cop-wasnt/
Yeah I too am wondering what transpired for five cops to savagely beat this 29 year old the way that they did. The body camera footage seems to show that they acted in a very unprofessional manner to put it lightly and beat this guy like an animal, kicking him in the head repeatedly among other things when he was already restrained. I will say that apparently he did try to run away. Some people are going to say that he shouldn't have done that and I agree, but at the same time when you have five individuals beating the crap out of you, who is to say what any of us would do? I'm still curious as to what led to this traffic stop in the first place. The story the cops gave supposedly was fabricated and they've been been fired and charged, so this is a sad situation all around. Most cops are fine individuals, but these five make it bad for the ones that are good.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:45 AM

Same thing will happen as with George Floyd. The media hides that he was a thug overdosing on drugs as the real cause of death? Is that true? Everyone lost their minds and cities boarded up and were looted and then a year or two later everyone realized, oh, shoot, that rioting and looting was completely unjustified

My guess is the same thing will happen with this new incident. The kid they killed was probably not an angelic light being here like Mother Teresa. He was probably in the wrong, but lets wait and see as more is revealed

I am certainly not going to riot over this nonsense anybody out there protesting this kids death is probably going to play the fool again

Old 01-29-2023, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyColltrane View Post
Same thing will happen as with George Floyd. The media hides that he was a thug overdosing on drugs as the real cause of death? Is that true? Everyone lost their minds and cities boarded up and were looted and then a year or two later everyone realized, oh, shoot, that rioting and looting was completely unjustified

My guess is the same thing will happen with this new incident. The kid they killed was probably not an angelic light being here like Mother Teresa. He was probably in the wrong, but lets wait and see as more is revealed

I am certainly not going to riot over this nonsense anybody out there protesting this kids death is probably going to play the fool again
You're saying let's wait and see, yet you are judging the person killed and assuming the worst? LOL

Old 01-29-2023, 11:25 AM

93,936 posts, read 124,723,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I don't find this exactly shocking, nor should anyone else. There is a ton of discrimination within the Black community, that is Black-on-Black discrimination. It's called colorism though. Anyone can display discrimination against another individual. Lately, I have also seen posts with Black shoppers complaining about being followed by Black employees and profiled. It does happen and sometimes Blacks are used precisely to say that well it was a Black-on-Black issue, so there was no issue of racism involved.

These are all minorities looking to climb the ladder so to speak and there is a lot of hostility out there these days. I mean you have Asians that don't like some other Asian groups (Chinese not liking Japanese people is one that comes to mind because of the war). I can think of many other examples of groups that share things in common not liking one another. You also have different types of Blacks... Blacks from the West Indies, American Blacks, Hispanic Blacks, etc. and they don't all get along.
It isn’t just “minorities” either, as they’re ethnic or even regional beefs among white people as well.

I also think you have to think of this systemically, as a black face/person may be used to protect systemic flaws or to normalize those flaws instead of changing them.

Lastly, I don’t think anyone has mentioned how swift these cops were charged with murder in way that “other” cops may be given more grace or the benefit of the doubt for similar/the same type of incident. So, perhaps that is where the aspect of race comes into play, even if the incident itself doesn’t have racially based implications.

A couple of shows I posted in the Upstate black communities thread(second to last page) touched on the incident from multiple angles, including input from a black police officer.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:33 AM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times
Quote:
Yeah I too am wondering what transpired for five cops to savagely beat this 29 year old the way that they did. The body camera footage seems to show that they acted in a very unprofessional manner to put it lightly and beat this guy like an animal, kicking him in the head repeatedly among other things when he was already restrained. I will say that apparently he did try to run away. Some people are going to say that he shouldn't have done that and I agree, but at the same time when you have five individuals beating the crap out of you, who is to say what any of us would do? I'm still curious as to what led to this traffic stop in the first place. The story the cops gave supposedly was fabricated and they've been been fired and charged, so this is a sad situation all around. Most cops are fine individuals, but these five make it bad for the ones that are good.
It looked personal to me. This was far worse than George Floyd which clearly had ZERO premeditation. That was a classic example of getting caught up in a stressful moment. This was intentional.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-29-2023, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You're saying let's wait and see, yet you are judging the person killed and assuming the worst? LOL
Did I? My point of view is based upon watching repeatedly how the media mis shapes these stories and they plunge their own narrative into the world forum in ways that are designed to make people lose it and sparks rioting and problems

Honestly I can care less about the person killed or the cops involved. Looks like trouble to me

No shame here

Old 01-29-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It isn’t just “minorities” either, as they’re ethnic or even regional beefs among white people as well.

I also think you have to think of this systemically, as a black face/person may be used to protect systemic flaws or to normalize those flaws instead of changing them.

Lastly, I don’t think anyone has mentioned how swift these cops were charged with murder in way that “other” cops may be given more grace or the benefit of the doubt for similar/the same type of incident. So, perhaps that is where the aspect of race comes into play, even if the incident itself doesn’t have racially based implications.

A couple of shows I posted in the Upstate black communities thread(second to last page) touched on the incident from multiple angles, including input from a black police officer.
For sure... I can recall growing up... I was at a friend's house. The parents were talking about a certain ethnic group that is White and how they thought they had left them behind in an old neighborhood - the implication being that they did not want to be live around this White group (the parents were also White), so the idea that people of a same race can't display hostility towards one another is a foolish way of thinking. All Whites are not the same. All Blacks are not the same, etc., and so it's easy to see how hostilities can bream out.

As for the charging of the cops, I think part of that was because the footage makes it very clear that all five cops acted unprofessionally. They claimed that they stopped him for driving recklessly. Since when does driving recklessly necessitate that kind of force? I don't think that a "traffic stop" would've led to this sort of force against say a White individual (and sometimes Whites have been aggressively manhandled in such instances, but it is usually Black men treated this way), so I tend to agree with you about using minority police to enforce institutionalized racism, that is that a Black guy just driving at night has to be up to no good because the stereotype is that Black men especially are prone to engage in criminal activities. Seeing that the guy was just steps away from his home, so far it looks like he was coming back from the park and going home. Terrible situation either way from a societal standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City