Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 11:42 AM

2,328 posts, read 1,026,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I don't find this exactly shocking, nor should anyone else. There is a ton of discrimination within the Black community, that is Black-on-Black discrimination. It's called colorism though. Anyone can display discrimination against another individual. Lately, I have also seen posts with Black shoppers complaining about being followed by Black employees and profiled. It does happen and sometimes Blacks are used precisely to say that well it was a Black-on-Black issue, so there was no issue of racism involved.

These are all minorities looking to climb the ladder so to speak and there is a lot of hostility out there these days. I mean you have Asians that don't like some other Asian groups (Chinese not liking Japanese people is one that comes to mind because of the war). I can think of many other examples of groups that share things in common not liking one another. You also have different types of Blacks... Blacks from the West Indies, American Blacks, Hispanic Blacks, etc. and they don't all get along.
Wrong analogy. Colorism applies where there are different shades of darkness. Here, they are all uniformly about the same skin pigments. Something more is wrong here like allowing violent thugs to become cops. A breakdown in training standards. Probably hired to fill an affirmative action quota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 11:50 AM

179 posts, read 109,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
I wonder if there were non-minority offenders ever got killed during arrests? Rarely, or never had I heard/read of such stories but blacks. I know their resistance to arrest is a main issues leading to the deaths, but are non-minority offenders not resisting???

I am still with the cops if they have the right cause to arrest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
A white guy aspiring mma fighter was paralyzed from the neck down when a white cop shoved him out of a cop car head first and he smashed into the ground face first.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.den...ettlement/amp/

An unarmed Filipino was killed by cops in California.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scm...o-man-laudemar

I'm sure there are many more cases
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Daniel Shaver
The Washington Post runs a database on police killings --- last time I looked at the data U.S. police killed a white person about once every 20 hours or so ----the database used to be free despite a general WAPO paywall, but now the database is behind a paywall as well.

Old 01-29-2023, 12:00 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Wrong analogy. Colorism applies where there are different shades of darkness. Here, they are all uniformly about the same skin pigments. Something more is wrong here like allowing violent thugs to become cops. A breakdown in training standards. Probably hired to fill an affirmative action quota.
Colorism is the term used specifically when talking about Black-on-Black "racism" though. Yes, I saw that they are all dark skin Black men, but if you understand the term used specifically for Black-on-Black racism, it's the idea that Blacks that are lighter skinned receive better treatment compared to dark skinned Blacks. I do wonder if this individual was not dark skinned would these Black cops have beat him in the same way? I don't know, but apparently this does exist in the Black community, the idea that dark skinned Blacks are seen as more dangerous and more of a threat.

The way they supposedly jumped out of their cars and say this Black guy as an immediate threat for what they claim was a traffic stop seems way over the top. Either way they are rogue cops abusing their power. One article I read says that they are part of a operational group and that not too long ago another Black guy was stopped and beaten up and treated in a very hostile manner.

Old 01-29-2023, 12:16 PM

38 posts, read 20,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Probably hired to fill an affirmative action quota.
This is the entirety of what I see from the new incident on display as it relates to NYC. The NYPD now hires purely by quotas like that. Currently they are aiming for a 0% white cop quota which I easily understand as some bad mojo for the cities safety, but for all the black and brown new cops it is like a dream come true; Now they do not have see any pesky white cops on the police force

Thanks eric adams and al sharpton / alvin bragg and all the others that pushed it. Thanks but no thanks

Old 01-29-2023, 12:51 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
For sure... I can recall growing up... I was at a friend's house. The parents were talking about a certain ethnic group that is White and how they thought they had left them behind in an old neighborhood - the implication being that they did not want to be live around this White group (the parents were also White), so the idea that people of a same race can't display hostility towards one another is a foolish way of thinking. All Whites are not the same. All Blacks are not the same, etc., and so it's easy to see how hostilities can bream out.

As for the charging of the cops, I think part of that was because the footage makes it very clear that all five cops acted unprofessionally. They claimed that they stopped him for driving recklessly. Since when does driving recklessly necessitate that kind of force? I don't think that a "traffic stop" would've led to this sort of force against say a White individual (and sometimes Whites have been aggressively manhandled in such instances, but it is usually Black men treated this way), so I tend to agree with you about using minority police to enforce institutionalized racism, that is that a Black guy just driving at night has to be up to no good because the stereotype is that Black men especially are prone to engage in criminal activities. Seeing that the guy was just steps away from his home, so far it looks like he was coming back from the park and going home. Terrible situation either way from a societal standpoint.
In all my years of encountering LE and civil service officials in the US, I rarely had issues with “white†ones who for the most of time focus on solving the issues at hand with a great level of professionalism; dealing with minority officers including Asian cops left a lot to desire for. Each time going to DMV office I dreaded of being “served†by a minority clerk because their spontaneous display of power and authority easily tipped me off in a second or two, not saying it happened every time but easily over 50% of the time.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
In all my years of encountering LE and civil service officials in the US, I rarely had issues with “white†ones who for the most of time focus on solving the issues at hand with a great level of professionalism; dealing with minority officers including Asian cops left a lot to desire for. Each time going to DMV office I dreaded of being “served†by a minority clerk because their spontaneous display of power and authority easily tipped me off in a second or two, not saying it happened every time but easily over 50% of the time.
I'm not sure why that happens, but I have seen it in other instances where sometimes minorities display hostile behavior towards other minorities while showing professional behavior towards White customers.

Old 01-29-2023, 01:25 PM

I talked with an Asian guy about all of the black attacks against random Asian people in the city. The Asian guy said it was white peoples fault that blacks attack Asians - and he was serious too

Before that conversation I figured it was all just a lie perpetuated online; to say it is white peoples fault for all the blacks attacking random Asian people

Nope. This stuff is real. There are Asian people who actually believe this stuff in real life!!

Guess we can thank George soros and friends for this?

Old 01-29-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyColltrane View Post
I talked with an Asian guy about all of the black attacks against random Asian people in the city. The Asian guy said it was white peoples fault that blacks attack Asians - and he was serious too

Before that conversation I figured it was all just a lie perpetuated online; to say it is white peoples fault for all the blacks attacking random Asian people

Nope. This stuff is real. There are Asian people who actually believe this stuff in real life!!

Guess we can thank George soros and friends for this?
You should really stop before you get too far ahead of yourself. Hate crimes against Asians here in NYC have been perpetrated by Blacks and Whites, so let's stop with the rhetoric. All of your posts have a racial angle to them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/02/n...cked-nypd.html

Old 01-29-2023, 03:29 PM

Quote:
You should really stop before you get too far ahead of yourself. Hate crimes against Asians here in NYC have been perpetrated by Blacks and Whites, so let's stop with the rhetoric. All of your posts have a racial angle to them.

[url]https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/02/nyregion/asian-women-attacked-nypd.html[/url]
Stay in your own lane bud. And there are easily 100,000 times more headlines from black on Asian (attacks) crimes in NYC and you know it.

I doubt you can even find any other headlines with white on Asian attack.

Old 01-29-2023, 03:32 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
No, because in this case the police charged are all black.

thank god for that, at least this isn't going to turn into a black white issue.
its bad enough what had transpired, was disgusting in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City