Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 05:56 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

Hits just keep on coming...

https://nypost.com/2023/01/28/migran...-to-scrape-by/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2023, 08:40 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
It's actually insulting that these people stereotype Americans as individuals that just eat junk food. That stuff is loaded with garbage. I saw some of them recently. They were just walking up to people with no sort of communication trying to push their candy on them. Totally rude. If they're doing this poorly here, why bother to come here? Their governments should be taking care of them instead of them coming here. Enough.

Old 01-28-2023, 11:18 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,194 times
How soon before these Latino immigrants run up against the guys trying to sell candy for their sports team? Vendor fights?

Old 01-29-2023, 05:44 AM

5,824 posts, read 2,945,690 times
They will soon find out that milking donkeys back home was a lot easier and rent over here must be paid every month.

Old 01-29-2023, 09:27 AM

38 posts, read 20,223 times
Yesterday I did a subway ride and did quick transfers from the G to F to A lines
The “migrants” were selling stuff on each ride I was on

One young black city kid bought a candy bar for $2
He must not understand that it is probably better not to help the “migrants” replacing him
The migrants are not the same as city kids selling candy

Also care to mention all of the “migrants” wear brand new clothes, new jackets, new backpacks and quality shoes. Well fed and very well taken care of

Old 01-29-2023, 04:51 PM

16,073 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Sad,but that is what I have noticed as of late.

Every migrant woman with candies, flowers, home made food and drink carrying a child hoping to make a sale.
Beyond Sad.

I hope they see the American Dream come true one day but I don't have the heart to tell them that I believe it won't be
during this recession ....

Old 01-29-2023, 06:59 PM

38 posts, read 20,223 times
Today i asked a deli clerk where he is from. I had to pry but reluctantly he responded Mexico. Same ordeal as the others, i asked where he snuck in from, he would not say. I’m like so you snuck in from, probably into Texas

A lot of these Mexican people do not like New York and they come from a background of significant hatred of “gringos” and it shows. If you approach enough of them you will see it, otherwise can you not notice that they AVOID any and all interactions with real New Yorkers? It is like they were all given an instructional video for how to behave once they bust into the USA

Like Donald Trump once said, Mexico is not our friend. But the other night i watched on youtube Trump speaking and saying he has decent diplomacy with the leader of Mexico

What a complete disaster. They are here taking SO MANY JOBS. The Mexicans alone must have stolen nearly 1 million of our jobs in NYC. Imagine how much that depressed our wages here. Imagine how much that negatively affects our housing costs when millions of them are heisting a dark market for housing illegals in NYC

Old 01-30-2023, 08:46 AM

5,824 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyColltrane View Post
Today i asked a deli clerk where he is from. I had to pry but reluctantly he responded Mexico. Same ordeal as the others, i asked where he snuck in from, he would not say. I’m like so you snuck in from, probably into Texas

A lot of these Mexican people do not like New York and they come from a background of significant hatred of “gringos” and it shows. If you approach enough of them you will see it, otherwise can you not notice that they AVOID any and all interactions with real New Yorkers? It is like they were all given an instructional video for how to behave once they bust into the USA

Like Donald Trump once said, Mexico is not our friend. But the other night i watched on youtube Trump speaking and saying he has decent diplomacy with the leader of Mexico

What a complete disaster. They are here taking SO MANY JOBS. The Mexicans alone must have stolen nearly 1 million of our jobs in NYC. Imagine how much that depressed our wages here. Imagine how much that negatively affects our housing costs when millions of them are heisting a dark market for housing illegals in NYC
Cancel welfare and those who were on it would hang on to any and all those jobs Mexicans take. Mexicans don't complain. They work and work. The welfare crowd knows how to complain because things are given to them for free. And affordable housing is also a joke. No one should live in a place they can't afford to live in. That's just not the way things work in life.

Old 01-30-2023, 08:52 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
How soon before these Latino immigrants run up against the guys trying to sell candy for their sports team? Vendor fights?
Don't tell me you fell for that one!

Maybe a small percentage of those kids selling candy are doing so for school, sports or whatever. The rest are selling jacked candy someone boosted from a store and pocketing the money.

Have lost count how many times saw some eegjit run out of RA or Duane Reade with cases of candy in their arms. More so during run up to Halloween when stores had huge displays of candy in front often near doors.

Old 01-30-2023, 05:19 PM

821 posts, read 775,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyColltrane View Post

No way you said this because someone would have smacked you upside the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: