Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 05:52 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times

Advertisements

Kung Fu?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 12:14 PM

61 posts, read 65,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
If I may throw in a wildcard, the Asian population has also been steadily growing in these parts, so just by the law of averages they are going to be more frequent victims of crime as crime rates go up. Again, though, so what? There's plenty of crime to go around, and every race is victimized (none more so than blacks, by their own people). I fail to see how this is an issue of particular concern.

Fix crime, and everyone will benefit, including Asians. But that's not the path the left has charted. So drink up.
politics and politicians will never fixed what ails this country. People are so fixated on political parties and race when the real issue is the continued eradication of the middle class and the growing divide between rich and poor. Politicians do not enter politics to fix issues or problems, they seek money, control and power while laughing at fools arguing republican vs democrat. I read about family members that stopped communicating because of trump. Family, people who share history, blood, lifetimes turning their backs on each other for someone who could give a rat's backside about them. The only thing that will bring this country together is if people are able to reach across politics and skin color and embrace the issue we have in common and force the government to fully address those issues. Stop our government from using their power and influence to assist the rich in getting richer and more powerful. End taxing Social Security recipients, increase funding to schools, daycare for the working poor. rebuild our middle class, strengthen our farmers and the other ills creating holes in our fabric. Poverty and hopelessness exists amongst all races, when we can all come together and demand change that is will change will occur.

Old 02-28-2023, 06:52 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixmom View Post
politics and politicians will never fixed what ails this country. People are so fixated on political parties and race when the real issue is the continued eradication of the middle class and the growing divide between rich and poor. Politicians do not enter politics to fix issues or problems, they seek money, control and power while laughing at fools arguing republican vs democrat. I read about family members that stopped communicating because of trump. Family, people who share history, blood, lifetimes turning their backs on each other for someone who could give a rat's backside about them. The only thing that will bring this country together is if people are able to reach across politics and skin color and embrace the issue we have in common and force the government to fully address those issues. Stop our government from using their power and influence to assist the rich in getting richer and more powerful. End taxing Social Security recipients, increase funding to schools, daycare for the working poor. rebuild our middle class, strengthen our farmers and the other ills creating holes in our fabric. Poverty and hopelessness exists amongst all races, when we can all come together and demand change that is will change will occur.
Nahh, forget all that, it's easier to hate others, complain about stuff, and look down upon others

Helps the day go by

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-01-2023, 09:20 PM

881 posts, read 614,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Nahh, forget all that, it's easier to hate others, complain about stuff, and look down upon others

Helps the day go by
LOL I remember you Brother Seventh in many threads denying anyone got attacked at all -- hee hee hee!!!

You put me in mind of Dave Chapelle sayin' how he was shocked to see on the teevee what's happening inside his body!

Yes indeedy whatever helps ya cope through the days LOL

Old 03-02-2023, 06:14 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessLoser View Post
LOL I remember you Brother Seventh in many threads denying anyone got attacked at all -- hee hee hee!!!

You put me in mind of Dave Chapelle sayin' how he was shocked to see on the teevee what's happening inside his body!

Yes indeedy whatever helps ya cope through the days LOL
I gladly invite you to post any threads of me saying anything of the sort. Must have me confused with Brother Sixth.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-02-2023, 07:09 PM

881 posts, read 614,619 times
Quote:
I gladly invite you to post any threads of me saying anything of the sort.
LOL the ol' "I dindu nuffin'" defense???

Quote:
Must have me confused with Brother Sixth.
Tee hee! Nah y'all don't "all look alike" to me -- it was definitely you carrying on with Eleanor with the Parkchester co-op in many a mega-thread (though the whole forum was telling you different)...you been downplaying crime for at least the past six or seven years here but that anti-Asian stuff was pretty raw, man, even for you!

I had to triple/quadruple/quintuple/sextuple-check yo' name 'cause it was so damned weird!! The worst I remember was you denying that old Harlem Chine'e can-collector got bashed dead in the head at all despite video evidence!

Old 03-05-2023, 07:25 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Oh it's happening, just not being reported. Within the 109/111 pcts Asians are being targeted for robbery, home invasion and car jackings every day. Just yesterday a Chinese woman was car jacked right on Sanford ave/CP blvd for her Mercedes. Multiple car jackings on and off the Clearview expressway over the last 6 months. Police believe it's an easy escape back to the Bronx and south to Jamaica. Bayside/Whitestone/Flushing being hit bard.

The perps are not fellow Asians or white.

As for Trump, calling out China and the city of Wuhan for letting a virus spread across the globe that killed millions, including likely family members/friends of many on this board, is not racism against Chinese Americans. No more than calling out Putin and Russia is racism against Russian Americans in Brooklyn.

And by the way, as China enters to Russia's defense in the Ukraine and is called out by Biden, which he already has, you can't continue to blame trump for local crime against Asians in places like Queens. Bunch of nonsene.
Yup, it’s still happening...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7leL08j6GE

Old 03-05-2023, 09:56 AM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yup, it’s still happening...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7leL08j6GE

Those perps look irish to my blurring eyes, could you please confirm?

Old 03-05-2023, 10:36 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Those perps look irish to my blurring eyes, could you please confirm?
No, they look Swedish. I think you are just trolling.

Old 03-05-2023, 12:10 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
No, they look Swedish. I think you are just trolling.

Hard to see/tell...statistically, I am convinced that they are more likely to be irish than being swedish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City