Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 08:22 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,308,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Maybe if your goal is a do-nothing government job.

Ever wonder why corporate America, even with all of their diversity drives, literally could never find enough non whites/Asians to hit their diversity quotas?

You must have never seen the Chinese kids heading to Saturday and Sunday school at 7am. Nothing has become more challenging. Parents have just become much lazier and many rely on the sate to take care of their kids (because it's easier).
This this this all day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2023, 01:56 AM

795 posts, read 498,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Parental failure. Uninvolved/uninterested parents don't truly care about their kid's outcomes or seek/demand better from/for their kids. I remember growing up we had no cable. I hung out at the library. Reading books was a hobby, still is my favorite. People don't read anymore. Good reading habits make good study habits, makes successfull students.
It really is all about the parents and the environment at home.

Both my parents came from Europe with a 6th grade education. Three other aunts/uncles had the same. Each and EVERY ONE OF THEIR KIDS including myself and my brothers all excelled in high school, graduated college (on time), some went to get MBAs and others law degrees. None were ever arrested or in trouble with the law. 40 years later and we now have a combined equity well into the millions.

See, the way we were raised by these uneducated parents/aunts/uncles from Europe was simple...YOU ARE LUCKY TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY AND IF YOU DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR FREE EDUCATION AND OPPORTUNITY YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! The only thing in the 1980s that scared me more than walking thru some crack hood in Brooklyn, like ENY, was effing up in school and having my parents throw me out and forcing me to the streets to a hell hole like ENY. So, as a result, I never missed a day of school and studied my butt off.

This is similar in Asian homes. Black/Hispanic American homes? Nah. The victim card is played. Not the work hard card. Instead they are blaming the kids of the uneducated European for being "racist." Lol. You can't make this crap up.

Old 03-05-2023, 03:16 AM

5,184 posts, read 5,013,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
It really is all about the parents and the environment at home.

Both my parents came from Europe with a 6th grade education. Three other aunts/uncles had the same. Each and EVERY ONE OF THEIR KIDS including myself and my brothers all excelled in high school, graduated college (on time), some went to get MBAs and others law degrees. None were ever arrested or in trouble with the law. 40 years later and we now have a combined equity well into the millions.

See, the way we were raised by these uneducated parents/aunts/uncles from Europe was simple...YOU ARE LUCKY TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY AND IF YOU DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR FREE EDUCATION AND OPPORTUNITY YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! The only thing in the 1980s that scared me more than walking thru some crack hood in Brooklyn, like ENY, was effing up in school and having my parents throw me out and forcing me to the streets to a hell hole like ENY. So, as a result, I never missed a day of school and studied my butt off.

This is similar in Asian homes. Black/Hispanic American homes? Nah. The victim card is played. Not the work hard card. Instead they are blaming the kids of the uneducated European for being "racist." Lol. You can't make this crap up.

6th grade education back in the old irish days is equivalent to a BS degree from cuny today...so your parents were technically "college educated" after factoring in decades of erosion in the US educational standards......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City