Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

210 posts, read 102,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
They recently label Asians as “ people of color”, which is a disgusting ID label I never expected to be associated with before I entered this land…
LOL you hate to be included as a POC, but there are many Asians who are mad that Asians are often excluded in the POC convo. Trust me, the liberal folks don't see Asians as POC so you have nothing to worry about there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM

34,141 posts, read 47,376,088 times

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

187 posts, read 124,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
Thank goodness for the Yemeni immigrants and the like (Albanian; Jordanian; Nigerian; etc) that keep the city vibrant in the wake of middle class flight.

Queens will not be less than 10% white anytime soon because of continued gentrification in places like LIC, Astoria, and Ridgewood.
Indeed. New migrants bring new life to city neighborhoods. But you can see by the comments on this thread that many will not see them as positive simply because their skin is not white. So they believe them to be inferior or uncivilized. Such is the state of things in society. Not sure what they will do - since under age 15 - whites are now the minority in the US of A. I actually know a guy who wants to retire to northern Europe because even in his beloved Texas "things are a changing".

Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM

792 posts, read 493,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allthatsfit View Post
Indeed. New migrants bring new life to city neighborhoods. But you can see by the comments on this thread that many will not see them as positive simply because their skin is not white. So they believe them to be inferior or uncivilized. Such is the state of things in society. Not sure what they will do - since under age 15 - whites are now the minority in the US of A. I actually know a guy who wants to retire to northern Europe because even in his beloved Texas "things are a changing".
Nothing to do with skin color. Even in the ole days when Queens was entirely white, there were different ethnicities that didn't like each other. Italians vs Irish vs Jews, on and and on. Your racism and ignorance, by lumping all Europeans together, is obvious.

The fact is not all countries are created equally, thus immigrants from certain countries are not and should not be welcome by those of us who built the country (mostly white Europeans). The middle East is a craphole and 3rd world in culture/beliefs/thought...so why would anyone American want more of that? Same goes for parts of Africa, and even Europe. Who would want a mass influx of communists from Russia? Nobody. Who wants millions of uneducated, dirt poor and corrupt Latins? Nobody.

America didn't become a beacon to the world and a great country because of some innate superiority of it's land or air or sea. It's people that made America great, just like it's people that make great companies, schools, gov'ts, sports teams, etc, etc, The facts are less and less of America is filled with great people, foreign or native. In 100 years from now, expect it to be about as avg/below avg as most Latin American countries. Why? Because those are the people who will be running the show, not Europeans.

Old Today, 05:46 AM

34,141 posts, read 47,376,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Nothing to do with skin color. Even in the ole days when Queens was entirely white, there were different ethnicities that didn't like each other. Italians vs Irish vs Jews, on and and on. Your racism and ignorance, by lumping all Europeans together, is obvious.

The fact is not all countries are created equally, thus immigrants from certain countries are not and should not be welcome by those of us who built the country (mostly white Europeans). The middle East is a craphole and 3rd world in culture/beliefs/thought...so why would anyone American want more of that? Same goes for parts of Africa, and even Europe. Who would want a mass influx of communists from Russia? Nobody. Who wants millions of uneducated, dirt poor and corrupt Latins? Nobody.

America didn't become a beacon to the world and a great country because of some innate superiority of it's land or air or sea. It's people that made America great, just like it's people that make great companies, schools, gov'ts, sports teams, etc, etc, The facts are less and less of America is filled with great people, foreign or native. In 100 years from now, expect it to be about as avg/below avg as most Latin American countries. Why? Because those are the people who will be running the show, not Europeans.
If I ran a business with employees that I didn't have to pay, I would be making money hand over fist
This is why America got so rich.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Today, 05:13 PM

187 posts, read 124,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post

So I'm racist for pointing out your racist comments??? Hmmm - what school did you learn that logic in? And for the record - There was a time when "Americans" didn't want Irish nor Italians either. I don't think you know the history of NYC. I knew an old Sicilian man that didn't like people who had attitudes like yours because as he noted - "we were treated that way too". Oh and just so you know - slums existed in NYC before there were a lot of minorities. Again - I think you need to learn history. Before other races - those teeming and crime ridden tenements in Manhattan and Brooklyn (and later The Bronx) were populated by people with your skin color. Please go learn history before denigrating other races. And remember why YOUR ANCESTORS left their home country and migrated as well. If home was great back then they wouldn't have left.

Old Today, 06:31 PM

16,152 posts, read 6,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
They recently label Asians as “ people of color”, which is a disgusting ID label I never expected to be associated with before I entered this land…
Wouldn't worry too much.
We are all people of color.

It's all about trhe votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City