Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 08:00 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,300,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silpaochip View Post
Hello everyone!
I am starting a new job in NY in Sept. I would like to know which is the best, safest, and most affordable rental apartment in QUEENS, NY preferably in KEW GARDENS, SUNNYSIDE and BRIARWOOD?. Which is the best area, closer to the train station, BETTER parking, closer to markets, and MOST affordable TWO-bedroom rentals? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Have a blessed day everyone

[[[**Work will be in JAMAICA, QUEENS and Williamsburg, BROOKLYN]]]
***I would appreciate it if you share the Rental prices and the name of the best building apartments with washer/dryer, if there is private parking better--no more than $2000-2500/month (2b/2b), W/D, gym (optional/ or closer to a gym), walking to markets, and private parking (1car/ optional). Again, THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Like the others said... Kew Gardens... A little cheaper than Forest Hills and still offers a similar high quality of life - quiet, suburban feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Sorry to hear this. Jamaica is one of the more dangerous places in NYC.

I also wouldn't live in any of those neighborhoods. Even Kew Gardens. You'd be much happier living further East in Nassau County on Long Island. More suburban, prob same prices to rent a lower end home/apt as in Queens and plenty of parking for cars. And the best news is the Long Island railroad goes right to Jamaica, Queens for your job. And more quality higher income people take that railroad vs.NYC subway. If you look on a map, I'd suggest the towns of Floral Park, New Hyde Park or Franklin Square. Bellrose Manor is also adequate.
It's funny. You complain about us White folks that live in Queens packing up and leaving, but then when someone requests a decent Queens neighborhood, you steer them to Long Island.

Kew Gardens overall is still a good neighborhood, and yes I know about the homeless shelter and the immediate issues from that, but putting that aside, it's definitely the better choice of the three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 12:42 AM

789 posts, read 488,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Like the others said... Kew Gardens... A little cheaper than Forest Hills and still offers a similar high quality of life - quiet, suburban feeling.

It's funny. You complain about us White folks that live in Queens packing up and leaving, but then when someone requests a decent Queens neighborhood, you steer them to Long Island.

Kew Gardens overall is still a good neighborhood, and yes I know about the homeless shelter and the immediate issues from that, but putting that aside, it's definitely the better choice of the three.
Huh? I think all white folks should leave. Why would I complain? I'll be leaving, as well.

In 2023, I'd steer anyone out of NYC. Even where I live. I'd never EVER buy a place where I live. Quality of life isn't there. So with that said, I'm encouraging the OP to expand his search to Nassau, which is objectively a better quality of life for anyone with a car and decent standards in life.

Old 05-07-2023, 06:03 AM

10 posts, read 3,701 times
Briarwood or Richmond Hill (south area of Kew Gardens) is the best for access to amenities.

Old 05-07-2023, 07:51 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,089,639 times
There’s not much shopping or places to eat within walking distance in Briarwood. In Kew Gardens there are many more places in that area on Queens Boulevard, Lefferts Boulevard, and Austin Street and Forest Hills is a short distance away.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:17 AM

106,714 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Where our co-op is we can walk to the LIRR or subway which is why we bought it as an investment back in the 1980s

I used to like the pastrami king over there

Old 05-07-2023, 09:52 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times
I lived in Briarwood years ago, but Kew Gardens is the better option. Unless you have private parking, street parking will be a nightmare with either one you choose. Sunny side was the absolute worst with parking. I broke up with a woman I was dating due to to parking situation being so bad!

Last edited by louie0406; 05-07-2023 at 10:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City