Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2023, 06:48 AM

3,535 posts, read 5,723,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
You do realize that we were all advised by health experts back in 2020 to wear a mask, even outdoors. Even Cuomo required it by law back then. Are you saying we all made a big mistake for wearing masks outside??
Executive Orders aka Fiats aka proclamations are not LAW. Laws can only be made by the legislature.

Old 08-22-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Well initially that wasn’t the plan to wear masks forever had people worn them since day 1 and prevented the virus from further spreading and mutation.

But now that you bring it up, what exactly is wrong with wearing a mask forever? It’s really no big deal whatsoever and like I said, once you put it on, you forget it’s even on. And best case scenario, we wipe out Covid completely, we can prevent further spread of the cold, flu and other nasty viruses by wearing masks. I mentioned this another thread that my parents haven’t caught a single sniffle or cold in almost 4 years because they’ve been wearing masks religiously since day 1 of the pandemic. My mom says not getting sick for this long is the nicest feeling ever and that’s why she’s happy to continue wearing a mask even after this pandemic ends.
you really are a nuts if "you forget you put a mask on".
Please stop with your gaslighting everyone

Old 08-22-2023, 06:59 AM

35,241 posts, read 17,133,668 times
Quote:
You do realize that we were all advised by health experts back in 2020 to wear a mask, even outdoors. Even Cuomo required it by law back then. Are you saying we all made a big mistake for wearing masks outside??
Not true. Governor Cuomo said "keep the mask down when outside, flip it up when you're near somebody."

Old 08-22-2023, 07:09 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,712,914 times
Yawn, People get sick. Take care of yourself. This s life. Don't fall again for the hype, the "run to your doctor" mentality. It'll kill you.

Old 08-22-2023, 07:31 AM

19,075 posts, read 14,013,809 times
Rumors flying about mask mandates again. I cannot wait to ignore them!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-22-2023, 07:37 AM

14,429 posts, read 14,355,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Executive Orders aka Fiats aka proclamations are not LAW. Laws can only be made by the legislature.
What if the legislature has passed a law allowing the governor or executive to take certain actions based on things like the number of new cases of a disease found within a community?

I'll answer it for you. Legislatures do that sort of thing and yes its legal.

Seriously, I doubt from other things you've said here that you have a legal background. You should be more careful what you say.

Old 08-22-2023, 07:53 AM

118 posts, read 48,289 times
people are so whinny just for the sake of being controversial. Those who don't want to wear it then don't, those who do want to should, now those who don't wear them cant complain if a location requires them to be worn. wearing a mask helps, is it a guarantee you wont get sick? of course not just like a seatbelt isn't a guarantee you wouldn't die of a car accident, but it helps your chances.

I have gotten Covid twice now, I am part of the waive now, I still don't know where I got infected on both occasions but if i had to guess its on the subway. I do believe if I were wearing a mask in the subway I wouldnt have been infected.

Old 08-22-2023, 08:19 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,667,317 times
Didn't Fauci say that if 70% of the population got vaccinated, that we'd achieve herd immunity, and this thing would go away.

It would be a distant thing in our rearview?

I think NY is what...at 89%?

Or maybe is unvaccinated migrants that are causing the surge?

WEAR YOUR MASK! N95's don't have one hundred percent efficacy, but a piece of cloth does!

Old 08-22-2023, 08:23 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,760,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.PM View Post
There is nothing wrong with masking “forever”. I’m surprised that more people haven’t embraced it as part of the new normal, but with the way it’s been politicized and with it being perceived as a threat to people’s freedom, it is what it is.

I admire your tenacity, but I think you should focus on yourself and those you care about. Don’t let the naysayers break your spirit or cause you stress. It’s ok to be passionate about wearing a mask.

Personally, I’m going to continue masking indefinitely. Aside from helping to prevent illness and reducing the transmission of so many pathogens other than covid, masking helps with allergies and irritants. I wear one while dusting.

Had I been aware of masking prior to covid, I would have been doing it all along. There are more like us out there, they’re just not on these forums discussing it.
Agree, I haven't had any respiratory illness since masking, even the chronic cough I used to get every winter is gone.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
What if the legislature has passed a law allowing the governor or executive to take certain actions based on things like the number of new cases of a disease found within a community?

I'll answer it for you. Legislatures do that sort of thing and yes its legal.

Seriously, I doubt from other things you've said here that you have a legal background. You should be more careful what you say.
STill not a law... its an executive order.

And to the legislature usurping their authority to another branch of govt is shameful on its own.

Be more careful what I say???? Why? because I'm a realist that NYS is a left liberal controlling POS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City