Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 08:54 AM

427 posts, read 153,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
MAJOR WIN for Letitia James exposing him for the fraud he is

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...b8d3ba5da74249

ain’t he tired of fighting all these indictments and lawsuits??? lmaooooo
Not a major win, it's a completely partisan opinion handed down by a Democratic judge who won election unopposed in one of the most liberal, anti-Trump places in the country. This city also convicted him of civil rape charges for allegedly molesting some old cat lady in a department store decades ago, based on nothing but her wild claims. It's just the left weaponizing the justice system, staffed with activist judges and a jury pool made up of hostile Trump-haters, to try and take him out via death of a thousand cuts. It won't work.

Quote:
Engoron ordered that some of Trump’s business licenses be rescinded as punishment, making it difficult or impossible for them to do business in New York, and said he would continue to have an independent monitor oversee Trump Organization operations.
Trump hasn't actively done any business in NYC since he was elected, it's all run by his kids now and he lives in Florida.

The charges themselves are also crap-tier. Basically they're saying that Trump purposely over-valued how much slapping the name "Trump" on something was. OH NO. Who got hurt by this, if anyone? Banks? Cry me a river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 09:21 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
Not a major win, it's a completely partisan opinion handed down by a Democratic judge who won election unopposed in one of the most liberal, anti-Trump places in the country. This city also convicted him of civil rape charges for allegedly molesting some old cat lady in a department store decades ago, based on nothing but her wild claims. It's just the left weaponizing the justice system, staffed with activist judges and a jury pool made up of hostile Trump-haters, to try and take him out via death of a thousand cuts. It won't work.

Trump hasn't actively done any business in NYC since he was elected, it's all run by his kids now and he lives in Florida.

The charges themselves are also crap-tier. Basically they're saying that Trump purposely over-valued how much slapping the name "Trump" on something was. OH NO. Who got hurt by this, if anyone? Banks? Cry me a river.
Bingo!!!!!

The Dems know that he's got them over a barrel, so they're now in panic mode, throwing anything and everything at the wall, hoping that something, anything, will stick......this time. And even if it won't stick, it will force Trump to have to spend more money to defend himself. Another 8-10 of these "defecation shows", and even if Trump continues to demonstrate innocence, he'll be damned near broke.....and the Dems will be rejoicing.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:32 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Whatever you think about his political views or crazy campaign, Trump doesn’t get enough credit for being a transformative planner who is in love with the city.

Trump waded into a landscape of empty Fifth Avenue storefronts, the dust-bowl mugging ground that was Central Park and a Wall Street area seemingly on its last legs as companies moved out.

Except in Battery Park City, which was then as remote as an offshore island, few other developers built anything but plain-vanilla office and apartment buildings. Trump — almost by force of will — rode to the rescue. Expressing rare faith in the future, he was instrumental in kick-starting the regeneration of neighborhoods and landmarks almost given up for dead.

You hate him now but imagine what NYC would have been like if not for Trump - maybe a lot of you are too young to remember the major revamp he provided for NYC.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:41 AM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Hate him all you want to, but him beating Hillary was the most satisfying moment of this century as far as politics go. Also his debates were legendary. He would punish his gross opponents on public tv brutally. Someone finally standing up to sell out politicians public ally and calling them out on their bull****.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:47 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Whatever you think about his political views or crazy campaign, Trump doesn’t get enough credit for being a transformative planner who is in love with the city.

Trump waded into a landscape of empty Fifth Avenue storefronts, the dust-bowl mugging ground that was Central Park and a Wall Street area seemingly on its last legs as companies moved out.

Except in Battery Park City, which was then as remote as an offshore island, few other developers built anything but plain-vanilla office and apartment buildings. Trump — almost by force of will — rode to the rescue. Expressing rare faith in the future, he was instrumental in kick-starting the regeneration of neighborhoods and landmarks almost given up for dead.

You hate him now but imagine what NYC would have been like if not for Trump - maybe a lot of you are too young to remember the major revamp he provided for NYC.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:53 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
a shame his true colors came out and he showed what an egotistical, self serving , lying human being he actually is

Old 09-27-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
a shame his true colors came out and he showed what an egotistical, self serving , lying human being he actually is
Any more than any other politician? I doubt it.
Actually most people are egotistical, it’s important to love yourself.
Self serving? Most people are self serving, you have to take care of yourself first.
Lying? Most people lie when needed. Some do it for fun, some doing as a sport. Hey remember when Hillary lied about being under machine gun fire exiting the hellicopter in Bosnia ? Let’s not forget about her husband lying openly on TV under oath about smashing Lewinsky.
Lie about WMD in Iraq? The list is long.

Again, no worse than any other politician.

With that said. It’s a toss up for me between Desantis or Kennedy.

Old 09-27-2023, 10:14 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Any more than any other politician? I doubt it.
Actually most people are egotistical, it’s important to love yourself.
Self serving? Most people are self serving, you have to take care of yourself first.
Lying? Most people lie when needed. Some do it for fun, some doing as a sport. Hey remember when Hillary lied about being under machine gun fire exiting the hellicopter in Bosnia ? Let’s not forget about her husband lying openly on TV under oath about smashing Lewinsky.
Lie about WMD in Iraq? The list is long.

Again, no worse than any other politician.

With that said. It’s a toss up for me between Desantis or Kennedy.
i never disliked any other politician for his behavior like i do frump

if anything i am to non political…but this guy to me is pathetic.

i don’t remember any president loving chaos so much

Old 09-27-2023, 10:30 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:

Have you seen our southern border? The Afghan surrender. 6 billion to Iran? Inflation? Crime in blue cities? The war in Ukraine.

We get it you hate the guy, what specific policies did you hate? Energy independence? No new wars? Border security. ISIS on the run, NK contained?

The reason you though there was chaos is because the media told you Trump was chaotic.

Old 09-27-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:

I’m not gonna lie. Watching his speeches at big events was painful most times, it truly was childish. But him sticking it to the whole political establishment was satisfying. Orange man defeating Hillary was hilarious. I enjoyed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City