Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,293 times

Advertisements

I lived here nearly my whole life with a couple years in Florida and another couple in Jersey.

This city sucks ass and I hate it. I can't freaking drive anywhere and on top of the congestion pricing and bike lanes, bus lanes, and whatever in my area, I am done.

Nearly everyone in my neighborhood in Queens is gone and all these people from wherever moved in. It was great when it was just white and black, but even the new generation of whites are not like the old ones. They don't have car or if they do, they never drive them and just use the bus or subway. I got nothing in common with them.

I was hoping our city would get rid of all these subways and bike paths, and we could be like Texas with their big freeways, but instead we are almost like Europe. I tried to get people to stop reactivating the Rockaway Branch and some pro-transit guy punched me in the head and spat on me last month.

I been looking at homes in Texas or Tennessee cause I want to be around people that look like me and people that want to be like America not like Europe or Asia. The homes are beautiful especially in Tennessee and I get a ton of space as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2023, 07:33 PM

5,687 posts, read 2,615,888 times
Good, good don't need racist people here.
Don't let the subway door hit you on the way out.

Old 11-07-2023, 08:19 PM

1,064 posts, read 546,855 times
Two new members are now ex-members, This person and LCH-Lavender. The clocks changed and the trolls came out

Old 11-07-2023, 09:00 PM

789 posts, read 487,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic50 View Post
I lived here nearly my whole life with a couple years in Florida and another couple in Jersey.

This city sucks ass and I hate it. I can't freaking drive anywhere and on top of the congestion pricing and bike lanes, bus lanes, and whatever in my area, I am done.

Nearly everyone in my neighborhood in Queens is gone and all these people from wherever moved in. It was great when it was just white and black, but even the new generation of whites are not like the old ones. They don't have car or if they do, they never drive them and just use the bus or subway. I got nothing in common with them.

I was hoping our city would get rid of all these subways and bike paths, and we could be like Texas with their big freeways, but instead we are almost like Europe. I tried to get people to stop reactivating the Rockaway Branch and some pro-transit guy punched me in the head and spat on me last month.

I been looking at homes in Texas or Tennessee cause I want to be around people that look like me and people that want to be like America not like Europe or Asia. The homes are beautiful especially in Tennessee and I get a ton of space as well.
While I don't really remember Queens being just black/white (I was born in the 70s), I do agree it's become a lot lot lot lot lot more foreign born vs. when I grew up. Cultural diversity is cool and interesting...to a certain degree. But yea, Queens doesn't reflect America.

But I feel your pain regarding cars. I just put another $1400 into breaks/shocks because QUEENS/BK/BRONX have the worst roads in the country. And I've driven in just about every American city. And it's only getting worse. Even out in LA, I felt like I was on the open road in what they consider "traffic."

If you can leave, do it.

Old 11-07-2023, 09:50 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,057 times
Why is this person no longer a member? And who keeps banning all these long time members?

Old 11-07-2023, 10:27 PM

1,425 posts, read 727,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Why is this person no longer a member? And who keeps banning all these long time members?
He just registered and made only one post very recently and it's very obvious it's a troll account.

Old 11-08-2023, 04:21 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,675,690 times
New York City has never been car friendly. Even the outer boroughs, in recent years, are now showing that reality (unless you have a garage, which most in this city don't!).

As for demographics, that changes all the time in New York City. Wherever you choose, good luck.

Old 11-08-2023, 05:28 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
It is well documented. Look it up.
Diversity and GDP go hand in hand as long as diversity does not get out of hand.

Races and cultures can compliment or oppose your unique upbringing. Some blend well into diversity others don't.
The individual posting is in opposition to congestion Eurpoean and Asian assimilation. I am not offended. Fine by me.
Leaving the city for Texas might be the right move for this person. I can not pass judgement for the way this person feels
unless the actions of this person directly has an affect on me,my family and my property. All I can say is

Best wishes.........

Old 11-08-2023, 05:50 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
It is well documented. Look it up.
Diversity and GDP go hand in hand as long as diversity does not get out of hand.

Races and cultures can compliment or oppose your unique upbringing. Some blend well into diversity others don't.
The individual posting is in opposition to congestion Eurpoean and Asian assimilation. I am not offended. Fine by me.
Leaving the city for Texas might be the right move for this person. I can not pass judgement for the way this person feels
unless the actions of this person directly has an affect on me,my family and my property. All I can say is

Best wishes.........
I know you're retired by your user name, so here's some info regarding Texas driver licenses for ppl aged 79 and over:

Drivers Age 79 or Older

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-08-2023, 05:56 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,129,305 times
I’m fed up with NYC, too, just from reading all the negative stuff on these threads; and I don’t even live there. Lawl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City