Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2024, 05:43 AM

13 posts, read 17,266 times

Advertisements

I'm going to post videos of me walking around a bunch of neighborhoods throughout NY.
I won't talk at all, and I won't be showing myself in the video.
It'll just be a silent video of me quietly walking around neighborhoods so any out of state viewers on this forum can get a glimpse.
With each video, I might comment or type up some cool facts/ info on the neighborhoods.
I hope this thread isn't a bad idea, just thought it would be fun.
I'll post the videos in the comment sections.
If you want to contribute, feel free.
I'll post a few neighborhood raw footages today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 08:00 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,934,065 times
Hate to break it to you, but there are a few you tubers doing just that 4k and all. One if the few ways i enjoy youtube subscription. Couch travel.

Old 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camerongun View Post
I'm going to post videos of me walking around a bunch of neighborhoods throughout NY.
It'll just be a silent video of me quietly walking around neighborhoods so any out of state viewers on this forum can get a glimpse.
With each video, I might comment or type up some cool facts/ info on the neighborhoods.
Sounds nice.
Best wishes.

Old 02-22-2024, 07:13 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,655,549 times
Sorry, I don't see the point.

We walk around, ourselves. I see no point in just looking at a video. If a neighborhood is interesting, I'd either read about it or go myself and poke around.

Old 02-22-2024, 07:16 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,934,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sorry, I don't see the point.

We walk around, ourselves. I see no point in just looking at a video. If a neighborhood is interesting, I'd either read about it or go myself and poke around.
Oh Cida. Not everyone can walk around. some are 100000 miles away. Everyone wants to see the best city in the world. Don’t you think?

Old 02-22-2024, 08:06 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,463,351 times
Don't announce your plans if you don't want to see the haters comment. Best to just get some videos under your belt and go for it before announcing.

Go for it. Good luck

Old 02-22-2024, 08:12 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,208,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camerongun View Post
Many channels on YouTube do things like this already. Which isn't a bad thing since that means there's a large demand for such content. Looking forward to your videos.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:31 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,655,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Oh Cida. Not everyone can walk around. some are 100000 miles away. Everyone wants to see the best city in the world. Don’t you think?
No, not of someone walking randomly, and let's not pretend that all streets are equally interesting or that they'll be "best." God knows we're lucky in having tons of good photographers and historians who can actually provide quality context instead of just wandering about.

I'm sorry, OP, but this sound like the kind of thing people have been doing by themselves for centuries, but suddenly with the development of the internet people think that their most mundane activities are worthy to be shared with strangers. If you do it, send it to your relatives.

Old 02-28-2024, 05:16 AM

97 posts, read 75,237 times
Best of luck buddy... Go ahead and must share link here as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City