Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2023, 03:54 PM

5,695 posts, read 2,623,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The question is who's making them believe that its all that its cracked up to be?

Look if you like selling churros all day in the subway who am I to judge. I assume people do what they do cause they like doing it.
Who knows but that was a quote a migrant said. Maybe word of mouth, maybe they know people here, maybe Biden wrote them letters or paid a secret visit telling them to come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2023, 04:07 PM

34,106 posts, read 47,338,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Who knows but that was a quote a migrant said. Maybe word of mouth, maybe they know people here, maybe Biden wrote them letters or paid a secret visit telling them to come here.
Why would you come here without a secure foundation when it snows

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-02-2023, 07:06 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,664,609 times
Quote:

Well, that's what normal sensible person would think.

But, I'm thinking that they come here knowing they are going to get free everything.
Free Medical, food stamps, etc.
and that's why they all come here, and they're coming in droves, like nothing is stopping them

but out of my paycheck they take out medical insurance, and then I have a co pay and a deductible, imagine that?

plus all the taxes taken out as well.

I pay for my own food, as do all the rest of us...but they come from another country, illegally, I might add, get free food and medical.

I guess all I have to do is hop a fence.

how does our elected officials NOT see there is a migrant crisis gong on here< I mean seriously, how the hell do they not see this?

Old 12-02-2023, 07:12 PM

3,234 posts, read 1,687,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
how does our elected officials NOT see there is a migrant crisis gong on here< I mean seriously, how the hell do they not see this?
They do care because they know they will be converted to future voters. That’s the danger of a democracy, allowing the deplorables to vote to keep politicians with bad policies in power. All these politicians that redistribute taxes to the deplorables will eventually run out of people the tax then the city becomes filled with homeless like Seattle.

Old 12-02-2023, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Because of that quote that guy said "They will help us"

Quote:

But, I'm thinking that they come here knowing they are going to get free everything.
and that's why they all come here, and they're coming in droves, like nothing is stopping them

but out of my paycheck they take out medical insurance, and then I have a co pay and a deductible, imagine that?

I pay for my own food, as do all the rest of us...but they come from another country, illegally, I might add, get free food and medical.

That's exactly it. The migrant they interviewed admitted it.

Old 12-03-2023, 06:04 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,044,844 times
Why bother doing anything for yourself when you can get taxpayers to hand it to you for free. Nice life.

Old 12-03-2023, 09:46 AM

6,475 posts, read 3,167,043 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
They do care because they know they will be converted to future voters. That’s the danger of a democracy, allowing the deplorables to vote to keep politicians with bad policies in power. All these politicians that redistribute taxes to the deplorables will eventually run out of people the tax then the city becomes filled with homeless like Seattle.
Indeed, and I hope that this process is slow enough, that I'll be dead and gone, before the full impact of this unmitigated disaster depletes my retirement money.....and I should add, money that I WORKED for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Why bother doing anything for yourself when you can get taxpayers to hand it to you for free. Nice life.
Yeah....too bad I'm one of those "taxpayers" that you mention.

Old 12-03-2023, 10:33 AM

1,036 posts, read 675,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Asking for help yes! Demanding a hotel with maid service, cooked meals from their culture, free medical care, services to watch their children and free transportation. No That isn't normal. Read some of these articles, that quote migrants and what they expect coming here. That's nothing normal about that. That's entitlement at its finest. One guy literally said they should be cooking meals from my culture for us. I don't like this food they give us.

Why is that so impossible to grasp. Go ahead sir go ahead and provide all those things. You want them to have it all go into your pockets.
I don’t know what articles you read but the propaganda is surely working. I have first hand experience working at the shelters in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens and yet to see the behavior you describe. We do serve mostly culturally sensitive food - halal for the African migrants, for religious reasons. I doubt it costs the city more $$ ( expensive contractors do though). It seems that you have an agenda and pick and choose rando quotes to fit your narrative. Sad.

Old 12-03-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
I don’t know what articles you read but the propaganda is surely working. I have first hand experience working at the shelters in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens and yet to see the behavior you describe. We do serve mostly culturally sensitive food - halal for the African migrants, for religious reasons. I doubt it costs the city more $$ ( expensive contractors do though). It seems that you have an agenda and pick and choose rando quotes to fit your narrative. Sad.
I know you not living in reality is VERY SAD

Old 12-05-2023, 02:34 PM

6,475 posts, read 3,167,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ.Anderson View Post
If you are helping the invaders (in person or online here) it makes you a traitor against New Yorkers and a traitor against the whole country.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City