Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2023, 06:37 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Cool story. You don't deserve a dime for slavery.

And having a victim mentality gets you nowhere in life.

It's 2023 not 1923 1823 or 1723.

Stop trying to benefit and get paid for atrocities others had to endure who happen to have the same skin color as you.

Now since you love Google so much please tell me about all of these 1865 companies still in business.

You know what's amazing. We still have people who literally were in concentration camps during the Holocaust and in Japanese interment camps during WW2.

And as horrific as those things were their kids and grandkids don't harp on them and use them as an excuse to hold themselves back.

But you'll let long dead slave owners still keep you in shackles with a victim mentality and think you're owed compensation. It's truly sad and counter productive.And those slave owners would absolutely love it.
I sent you Google links before about the bolded, feel free to go back and read them at any time instead of asking me the same questions repeatedly

If you don't feel reparations are owed, that's your opinion, I don't expect us to share the same opinion

We'll agree to disagree

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2023, 06:43 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I sent you Google links before about the bolded, feel free to go back and read them at any time instead of asking me the same questions repeatedly

If you don't feel reparations are owed, that's your opinion, I don't expect us to share the same opinion
You also said Chase is THRIVING today bc of slavery which Is completely wrong.

We'll agree to disagree
I said small handful are still around. You sent me nothing to refute that.

You also said Chase is THRIVING because of slavery today which Is completely wrong.

Old 12-20-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I said small handful are still around. You sent me nothing to refute that.

You also said Chase is THRIVING because of slavery today which Is completely wrong.
How, I sent you plenty of links about companies that are still around.

I'll make it easier for you to digest.

Here's a list of some:

Companies and Organizations Directly or Indirectly Benefited From Slavery

I don't want to waste any more time looking for companies for you, my point has been proven. You can search for more companies yourself.

Old 12-20-2023, 06:51 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
How, I sent you plenty of links about companies that are still around.

I'll make it easier for you to digest.

Here's a list of some:

Companies and Organizations Directly or Indirectly Benefited From Slavery

I don't want to waste any more time looking for companies for you, my point has been proven. You can search for more companies yourself.
I didn't say ZERO were around.i said a small handful.

Meaning almost every company from 1865 is long gone. Yes some still exist.an EXTREMELY SMALL percentage.

When I make such a statement,and you in turn provide a link showing a very small number of companies from back then are still around you're making my point for me. It's not the win you think it is.

But please tell me more about how Chase is THRIVING bc of slave labor I can use another laugh.

Old 12-20-2023, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I didn't say ZERO were around.i said a small handful.

Meaning almost every company from 1865 is long gone. Yes some still exist.an EXTREMELY SMALL percentage.

When I make such a statement,and you in turn provide a link showing a very small number of companies from back then are still around you're making my point for me. It's not the win you think it is.

But please tell me more about how Chase is THRIVING bc of slave labor I can use another laugh.
What difference will it make, you don't read any of the links I provide

Old 12-20-2023, 08:22 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
After this Commission finishes its work, it will be time to start a focus group about this. And around and around we go.

Old 12-20-2023, 09:06 PM

5,112 posts, read 4,959,205 times
7th, sorry to burst the bubble for you, but your chance of getting reparations money is as great as winning a powerball. At the way it is run, NYS/NYC will have trouble making ends meet in 10 years or sooner. They are promising reparations that are way beyond their means of delivering. I suggest you do not quit your job until the bill is passed; if it ever gets passed, it might be sometime after you are gone… so stop dreaming and continue to work as usual so you won’t end up in the poor house…

It is just one of the games that democrats set up to pit blacks against whites while politicians watch and see so they have a reason to be paid to do nothing constructive.

Old 12-20-2023, 09:30 PM

15,826 posts, read 14,463,105 times
I'm late to this party, and haven't read through the whole thread. So maybe someone has gone here already. But...

Any arguments anyone might cobble together in favor of reparations are essential irrelevant. There's very high probability that any attempt to impose reparations will get shot down by the courts on constitutional grounds due to the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

Old 12-21-2023, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
7th, sorry to burst the bubble for you, but your chance of getting reparations money is as great as winning a powerball. At the way it is run, NYS/NYC will have trouble making ends meet in 10 years or sooner. They are promising reparations that are way beyond their means of delivering. I suggest you do not quit your job until the bill is passed; if it ever gets passed, it might be sometime after you are gone… so stop dreaming and continue to work as usual so you won’t end up in the poor house…

It is just one of the games that democrats set up to pit blacks against whites while politicians watch and see so they have a reason to be paid to do nothing constructive.
Maybe you should let the pensioners know, they’ll be worried if NYS can’t make ends meet more than me

Old 12-21-2023, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I'm late to this party, and haven't read through the whole thread. So maybe someone has gone here already. But...

Any arguments anyone might cobble together in favor of reparations are essential irrelevant. There's very high probability that any attempt to impose reparations will get shot down by the courts on constitutional grounds due to the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.
I dont see how the equal protection clause has anything to do with reparations

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City