Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2024, 07:03 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
You don't say..........................
I know. Like they can't all be stupid and think every single migrant coming in is just a good person that wants to be in America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 11:05 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I know. Like they can't all be stupid and think every single migrant coming in is just a good person that wants to be in America
But...but...but, Joe Biden told them all to come, and it will be OK...........

Old 01-09-2024, 11:18 AM

21,880 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Like they can't all be stupid...
I wouldn't be so sure.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:34 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Students at a Brooklyn high school were kicked out of the classroom to make room for nearly 2,000 migrants who were evacuated from a controversial tent shelter due to a monster storm closing in on the Big Apple.

There’s 1,900 people getting thrown into my neighborhood, half a block from where I live and we don’t know who they are,” he said. “They’re not vetted. A lot of them have criminal records and backgrounds and we don’t even know.”

One irate mom even went off on the migrants as they pulled up inside a line of school buses in the pouring rain shortly before 6 p.m.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/metro/...igh-winds/amp/

Old 01-09-2024, 05:40 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Students at a Brooklyn high school were kicked out of the classroom to make room for nearly 2,000 migrants who were evacuated from a controversial tent shelter due to a monster storm closing in on the Big Apple.

There’s 1,900 people getting thrown into my neighborhood, half a block from where I live and we don’t know who they are,” he said. “They’re not vetted. A lot of them have criminal records and backgrounds and we don’t even know.”

One irate mom even went off on the migrants as they pulled up inside a line of school buses in the pouring rain shortly before 6 p.m.

Sue the DOE.

In typical NYC fashion- those kids should be getting private tutors for the day, while their parents are financially reimbursed for home-care.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:42 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:

Maybe this will wake people up.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:52 PM

1,238 posts, read 311,180 times
Quote:

What’s interesting is that when the city wants something done, they can do it within 24 hours. Meanwhile, streets take a month to be fully repaved.

I would bet the migrants will be batting at this school until at least the end of the week. Imagine having 2,000 migrants dumped in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

I believe this is just another example that NYC is in a death spiral towards a bottom. The people who run this city simply do not know what to do.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:57 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Students are remote learning at home until further notice.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:20 PM

1,238 posts, read 311,180 times
Giving it a second thought, I’m almost positive this being done on purpose. It’s not a coincidence that there have been a lot of complaints these last few weeks from Marine Park residents that has made the Adam’s administration look very bad.

They know that MP is a mostly white/Jewish neighborhood. I’m almost certain this is retaliation along the lines of “ oh, you complained about them being so close to you at Floyd Bennet Field? We can move them literally into your backyard.” At this point, the Adam’s admin is starting to hate the people of NYC because the more unpopular Adam’s gets , the more he becomes a lame duck who no one wants to help.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:56 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Giving it a second thought, I’m almost positive this being done on purpose. It’s not a coincidence that there have been a lot of complaints these last few weeks from Marine Park residents that has made the Adam’s administration look very bad.

They know that MP is a mostly white/Jewish neighborhood. I’m almost certain this is retaliation along the lines of “ oh, you complained about them being so close to you at Floyd Bennet Field? We can move them literally into your backyard.” At this point, the Adam’s admin is starting to hate the people of NYC because the more unpopular Adam’s gets , the more he becomes a lame duck who no one wants to help.
Adams reminds me of David "Lame duck" Dinkins at the end of his horrible for NYC term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City