Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2024, 05:58 PM

5,803 posts, read 2,930,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How will it "help our children"? The vast majority of these so-called "migrants" are functionally illiterate and have below average IQs. Doubt it? Take a look for yourself:

https://new-iq-test.com/venezuela-average-iq.html

When the parents are functionally illiterate, they tend to not value education. In fact, those parents will tell their kids to quit school and go to work. Recently, it was discovered that children who got ahold of stolen IDs were working graveyard shifts cleaning slaughter houses. One mother even admitted that she bought someone's stolen ID so that her son could go to work there. Since these kids were as young as 12, they, by law, were still expected to go to school.

Did you miss where I mentioned that there is a severe shortage of low income housing in the US? The pain you discuss would be long-term with no end in sight.

You are unaware as to what is happening with housing now in this country. You must be unaware that illegal aliens have destroyed many blue collar neighborhoods by creating overcrowded flophouses in these places.

BTW, people from the third world tend to not assimilate. Do some research.
You forgot to mention that they reproduce like roaches. The damage will be explosive over years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2024, 06:58 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
You forgot to mention that they reproduce like roaches. The damage will be explosive over years.
^^^^I ran out of rep...but...good point Plus, once they birth an anchor baby, said baby is eligible for all kinds of freebies---most notably the whole family is then eligible for Section 8 housing

Old 01-28-2024, 07:35 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Quote:
How will it "help our children"? The vast majority of these so-called "migrants" are functionally illiterate and have below average IQs. Doubt it? Take a look for yourself:

https://new-iq-test.com/venezuela-average-iq.html

When the parents are functionally illiterate, they tend to not value education. In fact, those parents will tell their kids to quit school and go to work. Recently, it was discovered that children who got ahold of stolen IDs were working graveyard shifts cleaning slaughter houses. One mother even admitted that she bought someone's stolen ID so that her son could go to work there. Since these kids were as young as 12, they, by law, were still expected to go to school.

Did you miss where I mentioned that there is a severe shortage of low income housing in the US? The pain you discuss would be long-term with no end in sight.

You are unaware as to what is happening with housing now in this country. You must be unaware that illegal aliens have destroyed many blue collar neighborhoods by creating overcrowded flophouses in these places.

BTW, people from the third world tend to not assimilate. Do some research.

It going impact NYC housing in few years even more they putting them in hotels and places that could be for native NYC low working class renters.

A large majority of Canadians agree that higher immigration is fuelling the housing crisis and putting pressure on the health-care system, a new Leger poll suggests

Immigration is not the only thing putting a strain on the housing market. High interest rates, increasing building costs and red tape at the municipal level that can slow down or halt home construction are all part of the picture.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/imm...osts-1.7088878

Old 01-28-2024, 10:33 PM

21,880 posts, read 12,936,608 times
I just heard the news in passing and didn't get the details, but did I hear correctly that Biden wants to let 5k in per day and then "close the border," assuring us that he can "close the border"? Uh...if he can "close the border," then WHY ISN'T THE BORDER CLOSED? I mean, I know the answer, but what answer is he giving, assuming anyone's asking the question...

Old 01-28-2024, 11:44 PM

5,803 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I just heard the news in passing and didn't get the details, but did I hear correctly that Biden wants to let 5k in per day and then "close the border," assuring us that he can "close the border"? Uh...if he can "close the border," then WHY ISN'T THE BORDER CLOSED? I mean, I know the answer, but what answer is he giving, assuming anyone's asking the question...
This bastard is negotiating and saying he will close the border immediately if republicans sign the bills sending money to Ukraine.
How is this not treason ? How can anyone who voted for this thing look in a mirror and be honest with themselves ??

Old 01-28-2024, 11:53 PM

Quote:
This bastard is negotiating and saying he will close the border immediately if republicans sign the bills sending money to Ukraine.
How is this not treason ? How can anyone who voted for this thing look in a mirror and be honest with themselves ??
Not enforcing the rules of the nation -- especially after admitting that you CAN (that's new) and just don't WANT to -- is grounds for impeachment.

Old 01-29-2024, 06:20 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Quote:
^^^^I ran out of rep...but...good point Plus, once they birth an anchor baby, said baby is eligible for all kinds of freebies---most notably the whole family is then eligible for Section 8 housing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
It going impact NYC housing in few years even more they putting them in hotels and places that could be for native NYC low working class renters.

A large majority of Canadians agree that higher immigration is fuelling the housing crisis and putting pressure on the health-care system, a new Leger poll suggests

Immigration is not the only thing putting a strain on the housing market. High interest rates, increasing building costs and red tape at the municipal level that can slow down or halt home construction are all part of the picture.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/imm...osts-1.7088878
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not enforcing the rules of the nation -- especially after admitting that you CAN (that's new) and just don't WANT to -- is grounds for impeachment.
I agree with the above.

Old 01-29-2024, 07:38 AM

1,238 posts, read 311,180 times
This is good for NYC. I want more migrants here. Let the handout contingent fight with the migrants for limited resources like crabs in a bucket. Who do you think has more resolve? People travelling thousands of miles to escape true poverty and/or broken states or someone who’s been living in NYCHA receiving EBT, TANF, Medicaid, WIC, utility subsidies for their entire lives?

I look forward to the battle royale.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
This is good for NYC. I want more migrants here. Let the handout contingent fight with the migrants for limited resources like crabs in a bucket. Who do you think has more resolve? People travelling thousands of miles to escape true poverty and/or broken states or someone who’s been living in NYCHA receiving EBT, TANF, Medicaid, WIC, utility subsidies for their entire lives?

I look forward to the battle royale.
Except that the rest of us will be collateral damage/casualties of war.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:44 AM

2,434 posts, read 1,212,637 times
A sick part of me can't wait for the battle royale either. I plan to watch it from as far away as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City