Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 07:39 PM

34,103 posts, read 47,316,181 times

Advertisements

https://newyorkyimby.com/2024/01/ren...-brooklyn.html

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 04:15 AM

313 posts, read 212,973 times
The building is crazy tall and there's another one next to it. The one next to it was built before but still not full yet, and looks like cheap crap, this one is taller and looks more luxury. I'm sure this one will get more buyers and I bet the other building owner is pissed that this one outshines his cheap crap building by alot.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:42 AM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
People behind this development as suspect and shady as he**.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivington_House

https://gothamist.com/news/rivington...side-manhattan

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/201...ing-home-site/

https://www.universitysettlement.org...cility-on-les/

King David Nursing and Rehabilitation center is on part of property. That place is what it is.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/king-david-...ion-brooklyn-2

Old 01-07-2024, 08:20 PM

1,302 posts, read 337,387 times
Will be interesting to see the rental rates. This is a downtown BK level of building far, far away in South Brooklyn. I'm not sure who their target demographic is. I have to imagine 1 bedrooms will start at around $3.5K with 2-bedrooms at or over $4K.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:24 PM

1,426 posts, read 727,789 times
Those types of buildings really don't blend in well in neighborhoods like Bensonhurst or Sheepshead Bay.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Those types of buildings really don't blend in well in neighborhoods like Bensonhurst or Sheepshead Bay.
That's kind of the point of buildings like this.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:46 PM

208 posts, read 99,364 times
I'd imagine they're targeting affluent transplants who work from home with amenities like this. I doubt most of the people who are already residing in this neighborhood are willing to shell out for this type of luxury living.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:59 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times
The buildings are very nice. I can see them from my apartment, as I live on the top floor facing that way. I have seen them from the beginning, and they look nice, well to me anyhow.

However, they are not contextual with the neighborhood, but are far away enough away that it sort of doesn't matter.
The apartments facing the water will have amazing views and spectacular sunsets, and since it is a tall building (there is also another building as well, seems like next door) a lot of apartments will have this feature. Anything along the Lower New York Bay / Gravesend Bay is pretty, plus the VZ bridge in the background and Staten Island as well. What is it technically called? Gravesend Bay or Lower NY Bay, I googled but still couldn't figure it out. I think Gravesend Bay is more correct...

Like another poster had stated, I don't know either who they are targeting a building like this for. I can't see paying downtown Brooklyn prices for the area up here. While I am a happy camper here and like it very much, as I have been living in the area since 1989, it is far away from the city, (a 45 minute subway ride / express bus) but, since my life doesn't revolve around Manhattan, maybe a lot of other peoples lives don't either. Thus living in a neighborhood such as this wouldn't be a problem

I would like to see one of the model apartments just for the fun of it anyway, and I'm sure my apartment is bigger and will have a better layout. I haven't looked at the floor plans to the buildings as of yet, but they are usually the same old two rectangles side by side with the kitchen shoved in the corner of the living room, claimed "open concept" living, while in truth the room is really one room, but with two functions.

JMO

Last edited by nightcrawler; 01-07-2024 at 09:10 PM..

Old 01-07-2024, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
The buildings are very nice. I can see them from my apartment, as I live on the top floor facing that way. I have seen them from the beginning, and they look nice, well to me anyhow.

However, they are not contextual with the neighborhood, but are far away enough away that it sort of doesn't matter.
The apartments facing the water will have amazing views and spectacular sunsets, and since it is a tall building (there is also another building as well, seems like next door) a lot of apartments will have this feature. Anything along the Lower New York Bay / Gravesend Bay is pretty, plus the VZ bridge in the background and Staten Island as well. What is it technically called? Gravesend Bay or Lower NY Bay, I googled but still couldn't figure it out. I think Gravesend Bay is more correct...

Like another poster had stated, I don't know either who they are targeting a building like this for. I can't see paying downtown Brooklyn prices for the area up here. While I am a happy camper here and like it very much, as I have been living in the area since 1989, it is far away from the city, (a 45 minute subway ride / express bus) but, since my life doesn't revolve around Manhattan, maybe a lot of other peoples lives don't either. Thus living in a neighborhood such as this wouldn't be a problem

I would like to see one of the model apartments just for the fun of it anyway, and I'm sure my apartment is bigger and will have a better layout. I haven't looked at the floor plans to the buildings as of yet, but they are usually the same old two rectangles side by side with the kitchen shoved in the corner of the living room, claimed "open concept" living, while in truth the room is really one room, but with two functions.

JMO
Is the zoned elementary school really good? If so, I can see who they’re targeting.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:17 PM

34,103 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Guys

Anything that has a waterfront view is gonna get money, it's that simple

Nice view of the VZB and SI

So the whole South Brooklyn waterfront could get transformed

Staten Island North Shore too

North Shore Staten Island = East Coast San Francisco

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 01-07-2024 at 10:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: