Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 03:44 PM

34,078 posts, read 47,269,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Well it was, in that an avalanche of changes occurred in and around that time.
The funny thing is, one time I took my son to Dunkin Donuts, there were 2 cops in there, I said, you know what, let me tell them thank you for your service, they looked at me like I was on dope, so after that, I said I dont want to ever interact with any cop ever again, they did that s--t to me in front my son

So I don't blame you for the way you feel

This was BC (before Covid) by the way

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2024, 03:46 PM

106,637 posts, read 108,773,903 times
cops at dunkin ? were their eyes glazed ? ha ha

Old 01-22-2024, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
cops at dunkin ? were their eyes glazed ? ha ha
F the pigs

After that I could care less

Don't downgrade me in front my kid, F them all

So I get where Airborne is coming from. I stereotype em all.

All they want to do is sit on their asses for 20 years and get a pension.

Old 01-22-2024, 04:58 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
Only 18.5 in my case! Thank god.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-22-2024, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Only 18.5 in my case! Thank god.
Now let's hope it all doesnt collapse so we got money to pay you for your service! Seriously though. Can't blame me, I'm still here.

Old 01-22-2024, 05:56 PM

1,299 posts, read 321,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The funny thing is, one time I took my son to Dunkin Donuts, there were 2 cops in there, I said, you know what, let me tell them thank you for your service, they looked at me like I was on dope, so after that, I said I dont want to ever interact with any cop ever again, they did that s--t to me in front my son

So I don't blame you for the way you feel

This was BC (before Covid) by the way
I wouldn’t classify myself as a liberal but NYPD cops have been a clown lot since after 9/11 (not everyone obviously). The guys who died obviously got literally ****ed but everyone after them took advantage of it and acted as if they became super heroes and untouchable.

Even though many more FDNY and EMTs died on 9/11, you never got the sense that the ones who were left started to thoroughly abuse the goodwill of the city like the NYPD.

I’m not sure exactly why it played out that way. Maybe because the NYPD is much more public facing and all of the goodwill right after 9/11 got too many people’s heads. The NYPD unions didn’t help either with the usual blowhards at the top.

Old 01-22-2024, 07:27 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
Thank god for those blowhards. Got me a well over 100% raise in my time on the job. My pension is 3 times what my starting salary was!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-22-2024, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
I wouldn’t classify myself as a liberal but NYPD cops have been a clown lot since after 9/11 (not everyone obviously). The guys who died obviously got literally ****ed but everyone after them took advantage of it and acted as if they became super heroes and untouchable.

Even though many more FDNY and EMTs died on 9/11, you never got the sense that the ones who were left started to thoroughly abuse the goodwill of the city like the NYPD.

I’m not sure exactly why it played out that way. Maybe because the NYPD is much more public facing and all of the goodwill right after 9/11 got too many people’s heads. The NYPD unions didn’t help either with the usual blowhards at the top.
I'm sorry, but I dont understand your post. A bit incoherent.

Old 01-22-2024, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Thank god for those blowhards. Got me a well over 100% raise in my time on the job. My pension is 3 times what my starting salary was!
They were doing their job. Can’t blame them. As with almost everything, it’s the politicians and by extension the electorate to blame.

Old 01-22-2024, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm sorry, but I dont understand your post. A bit incoherent.
Not sure why you were surprised that they clowned on you. Who goes up to NYPD cops and says *thank you for your service*? Even they don’t believe they’re doing anybody a service. They probably thought you were clowning on them. Not sure where you live but if it’s in a minority heavy neighborhood there is a 0% chance they didn’t think you were clowning on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City