Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 03:12 PM

1,431 posts, read 732,759 times

Advertisements

Everyone plays a role in road safety, not just drivers. Unfortunately Vehicle Zero only blames one side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 04:37 PM

20,774 posts, read 8,618,847 times
Invasion of NYC by illegals from all over the world who don't know basic traffic rules. Also most pedestrian deaths happen at night, with victims being drunk or vagrants or criminals wandering around in the middle of the night.

Elites don't want peasants having cars. Too much freedom, harder to control them.

Old 05-05-2024, 05:32 PM

35,206 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Democrats are all liars and virtual signalers. They lie to the mentally weak that they're doing something by taking something away or stopping something which causes the frustration of the weak.
I am a Democrat. Are you including me?

Old 05-05-2024, 05:38 PM

3,273 posts, read 1,707,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am a Democrat. Are you including me?
I used to be a democrat too, so what? The democrats today doesn't represent me anymore.

Old 05-05-2024, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I used to be a democrat too, so what? The democrats today doesn't represent me anymore.
  1. I live in a deep Blue suburban district so I would lose my primary vote, which is tantamount to election; and
  2. I am on the leftward edge of the Democratic Party.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:04 PM

50 posts, read 8,114 times
Quote:
Democrats are all liars and virtual signalers. They lie to the mentally weak that they're doing something by taking something away or stopping something which causes the frustration of the weak.

Take guns away and crime will go down.

Make everyone take mass transit and bikes and traffic deaths will go down.

Vision Zero created the idea that anybody can just walk in the middle of the street and no be afraid of traffic.

More pedestrians are dying from being hit by government vehicles such as ambulance, buses, garbage trucks because these workers are trying to do their job and you got entitled pedestrians that thinks they are entitled to walk in front of garbage trucks while turning.

Let these people pay with their lives that even at 5mph, people will die from a pickup truck.

People will die riding bikes because the roads are terrible, there are potholes everywhere and most bikers never obey any traffic lights or signs.

They will keep blaming cars while taking no responsibility because cars have to be insured while people riding bikes aren't and politicians will never take responsibility for the problem they've created because they are progressive they always find someone to blame rather than take responsibility.
Too many idiots who rely on the government in this city to care.

Think about. In 2014 when Vision Zero was being implemented they told us that lowering the speed limit, dotting the city with red light and speed cameras, and placing stop signs and stop lights on every corner would bring about less pedestrian deaths.

What do we get? Zero enforcement of reckless driving/ double parking, inserting bike lanes in the most trafficked stretches of the city, congestion pricing, etc.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:28 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,484,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
[*] I live in a deep Blue suburban district
If you don't live in NYC you can't post in the NYC sub according to some posters here

Old 05-05-2024, 06:28 PM

10,349 posts, read 6,903,436 times
Saw the thread title, and was trying to figure out the 24' thing.

What about 24 feet?

4 fathoms?

Old 05-05-2024, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
If you don't live in NYC you can't post in the NYC sub according to some posters here
Am I not welcome here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Saw the thread title, and was trying to figure out the 24' thing.

What about 24 feet?

4 fathoms?
2024. The year.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:50 PM

980 posts, read 678,978 times
As someone who was a professional driver for 25 years in nyc. It’s the pedestrians/ bikers fault not oft than not. They simply believe rules and laws don’t apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: