Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM

64 posts, read 142,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-88 View Post
From the few posts you have made, you appear to have some real problems with Hispanic and Black men making remarks to you all the time....now you report being eye-raped. I'm not dismissing what you say, but perhaps the city is not the place for you.

I spent some time in NYC, and my wife worked at Arden Travel Agency in midtown Manhatten and lived on Long Island. We loved NYC and all it has to offer. We also lived for many many years in Portland, Maine and also loved that. In 1998 we moved to Orange County, California where we presently are retired, and we love it out here.

If you aren't happy with NYC, I suggest you find someplace where you are more comfortable. Again, the problem of which you speak is not going to go away in the near future, and no, it isn't right, but if it makes you as uncomfortable as you say it does, why put up with it?

No matter where you decide to live, there will be issues that annoy you. You have to live somewhere, so finding ways to lessen those annoyances make sense. Good luck to you.
I am very happy with my neighborhood and feel like nothing will compare to my UES residence. CORRECTION: The city needs to be more proactive about protecting women from thugs and low lives who travel to the city from their "hoods" and ghettos to prey on them and victimize them.

I visited the city 10 years back as a teenager and don't remember it being so grave.

The situation has been compounded not by residents but people who don't even belong here! That's what you get for having a subway system where B&T trash can travel where they please.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:00 PM

317 posts, read 1,142,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndTheCity View Post
I am very happy with my neighborhood and feel like nothing will compare to my UES residence. CORRECTION: The city needs to be more proactive about protecting women from thugs and low lives who travel to the city from their "hoods" and ghettos to prey on them and victimize them.

I visited the city 10 years back as a teenager and don't remember it being so grave.

The situation has been compounded not by residents but people who don't even belong here! That's what you get for having a subway system where B&T trash can travel where they please.
People who don't belong here? Didn't you just move here 5 years ago? How did you figure you're the arbiter of who is and isn't allowed to be there? Manhattan could build a wall around itself and keep people out, but then you never would've gotten in.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:32 PM

64 posts, read 142,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minus View Post
People who don't belong here? Didn't you just move here 5 years ago? How did you figure you're the arbiter of who is and isn't allowed to be there? Manhattan could build a wall around itself and keep people out, but then you never would've gotten in.
Actually I could have since my company brought me here. Plus I can assure you my tax bracket keeps a lot of anchor babies and unwed mothers happy.

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-12-2008 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City