Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:49 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,988,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
after reading your post again i honestly think this was a race issue for you....mentioning the fact that the women were african american to make it clearer for everybody, well ok....but explain this one to me...

huh?

and explain this one too:

i understand that you probably wanted to use as many details as possible in your story, but anybody who would read this would surmise that you saw 2 black women in a "ghetto" area committing child abuse. its my opinion that the details you used in your story creates a bias in the mind of the reader.

my point is i think you would be surprised at the different answers you would get if you left all the adjectives out and simply stated, "i saw 2 women and a crying child at the top of his lungs in a supermarket not being attended to. should i have done something?"
In NY, nationalities and races are part of every day talk. My description was solely to clarify issues. It was not a race issue. If it was, I would not have cared at all about that little baby. My concern was based solely on the behavior of these two ladies, and how detached they appeared to be about the suffering of this poor child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 PM

198 posts, read 353,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
In NY, nationalities and races are part of every day talk. My description was solely to clarify issues. It was not a race issue. If it was, I would not have cared at all about that little baby. My concern was based solely on the behavior of these two ladies, and how detached they appeared to be about the suffering of this poor child.
The only thing that was clarified was that you seem to think their race had something to do with why the child was crying. Their race has nothing to do with it.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:00 AM

33,845 posts, read 47,045,194 times
RUBIES, when you make a statement like

Quote:
He appeared to be of Mexican descent, and I know that they threat their children very lovingly, no matter how poor they are
its really hard to believe that race isnt playing a part in your creation of this thread. mexican parents treat their kids lovingly no matter how poor they are? lol. still looking for an explanation from you on that.

i dont have any kids, but i remember hearing from somewhere that sometimes its best to let babies cry for a little while so that they get less dependent on you. because they learn that they can get something everytime by crying. so if we were next door neighbors and i practiced this, you would call the authorities?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-13-2008, 06:42 AM

473 posts, read 1,668,167 times
Quote:
.......its really hard to believe that race isnt playing a part in your creation of this thread. mexican parents treat their kids lovingly no matter how poor they are? lol. still looking for an explanation from you on that.....
7th, don't even bother - her husband asked her to be quiet.

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-13-2008 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 06-13-2008, 12:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,330,909 times
Quote:
RUBIES, when you make a statement like

its really hard to believe that race isnt playing a part in your creation of this thread. mexican parents treat their kids lovingly no matter how poor they are? lol. still looking for an explanation from you on that.

i don't have any kids, but i remember hearing from somewhere that sometimes its best to let babies cry for a little while so that they get less dependent on you. because they learn that they can get something every time by crying. so if we were next door neighbors and i practiced this, you would call the authorities?
I picked up on the racism too from the get go. Anyway, what you heard is correct. Picking your kid up all the time, always running to them and placating them for every little thing spoils children. I have seen kids go into a ridiculous crying fit because their parents wouldn't pick them up or given in to what they wanted. I have a son and there were times he would start crying because he didn't get his way. So I would just make him go in his room and he could cry himself to sleep.

People are silly these days.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:36 PM

757 posts, read 3,357,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
It was not a race issue. If it was, I would not have cared at all about that little baby.
Wow! I hope I'm misunderstanding this remark, but I try to figure out what else it can mean and can't.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:55 AM

11 posts, read 34,239 times
This just shows where this country is going. Can you even had believe that something like this would had been a problem in the 50's.?

Growing up in the 70's even.... When I did something wrong on my block my parents knew about it before I got home. Now a days with child abuse being enforce by those same people who want to rat someone out for a baby crying... man I tell you.

its only going to get worse.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 AM

11 posts, read 34,239 times
If I was that kid in a supermarket crying my little head off at eleven months my mother would have let me cry. no one would had question her at that time. if i was 2 years old acting up I will get my ass wooooooped by her belt and no one will say nothing. I am a better person now for it.

Child abuse was enforced because people were hitting their kids with base ball bats and broom sticks and so on. not because a child was getting his rear whipped with a belt. but even that now is an issue.

because of that many believe that the adolescents of today are just getting out of hand. You mention black kids, Hispanic and Asian on this thread. Well think back if you can. Black kids where not as wild with running the streets and carying on as they where before. but keep a mother and a father from raising their kids the way they were taught and you are creating for that child to do what he or she wants and knowing that their parent won't do nothing about it because they will tell their teacher they are being hurt at home.

Hispanic children get their ass whipped at home regardless of the law. because they know even if the city gets involved i am going to get my as handed to me by my sibling.

Asian are close to the Hispanics we have to much respect and don't care what the law says about the way to raise a child

follow the great book

spare the rod spoil the child..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: