U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:56 PM

5,727 posts, read 19,404,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Very cool! Keep up the good work. I'm sure that you and your siblings make your mother fill with pride in knowing that she's done a great job raising you to value education and all the opportunities it affords.
Yeah thanks

And my mother also refuses to apply for welfare. She believes that is counter productive. She rather work her way out of it. Which was the case when she emigrated from the DR in the 80's dirt poor, having to take care of 3 kids, she fought and worked her way up. She is now currently employed by the Dominican Mission in the United Nations. I am very proud of her for refusing to use the government as her crutch. And for being able to achieve what she has.

But thats for another day.

And Guy, get ready. When I head into Mott Haven with my army, it means war
Rate this post positively

Old 11-03-2008, 07:57 PM

348 posts, read 1,208,857 times
Sobroguy, I admire you for taking the time and energy to keep trying to challenge "keep-newbies-out-of the-Bronx" posts here. I simply have no patience for it. And I refuse to engage at this level any longer. But you go, Guy!! I will continue to post the postive things that I am seeing everyday in many parts of the Bronx, Mott Haven included. Anyone who wants to see for themselves can easily take in all the information presented and do some thinking for themselves, do their research and come up and take a look. And they can pm Sobroguy for a tour - and I guarantee most will be amazed at all that is going on.

By the way, I want to remind everybody about the Bronx Cultural Trolley Tour this Wednesday that will take people through the art hot spots of the South Bronx. Free wine and snacks, great people and really neat art. You can end up with dinner and/or drinks at The Bruckner Bar and Grill, Alexander's Cafe, Sweetwaters or The Gallery Lounge and get back into the UES of Manhattan within 15 minutes! It's a really great way to visit the South Bronx for the first time without it being so intimidating. (I posted pictures on the South Bronx thread) And speaking of The Bruckner, the Bronx Revolution Party group (and offshoot of The Bronx Underground) throws really great dance parties every month. Live music (Kissy Kamikaze, William Control, Fire and Reason, The Scene are just a few of the past performances in the last two months). If you are young, these parties looks like a lot of fun! And this is just one on-going event among many that are going on all over the South Bronx. Don't buy into certain types of postings here, people - come up and see for yourselves!

Last edited by NYCwoman; 11-03-2008 at 08:39 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 PM

11,149 posts, read 15,320,887 times
Thread closed for Moderator review.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 PM

13,768 posts, read 36,883,189 times
closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City