Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:46 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Joe...you are confused. You ask an educated adult about the neighborhood versus a "youth" and therein lies the discrepancy (among other things). I do not spend time talkign about all that is wrong with the borough because there aer 100 other people to do that..do we need 101 people? What I do is talk about the OTHER SIDE which too many either choose not to see or are incapable. Being a homeowner has nothing to do with it Joe..I am a 3rd generation resident..whether I was a homeowner or not..I ain't going anywhere. Super Wario however indicates he is biding his time and bolting the first second he has the opportunity...yet another differnece between us..I care about my neighborhood..he does not.
I appreciate your involvement and care, I'm all for green! I ride my bike to work everyday because its environmentally sound, I cant afford the $80 a month for the train, and it keeps me in shape. I want trees for the South Bronx and 22 acres of parkland back from the stadium project.
Don't get me wrong Sobro I want the best for your hood, its just that I was pointing out the emotionality behind the home owner investor and the lifetime renter.
Alot of my friends who have recently invested in the not so great neighborhoods are very sesnitive to negative criticisms about their not so great hood.

Last edited by Joe Bama!; 11-03-2008 at 02:56 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 02:47 PM

348 posts, read 1,248,350 times
Default Exactly!

Quote:
That link doesn't work for me but I think it is my browser. I do not know how bad MOtt Haven is? Surely you jest...I have already indicated how deep my roots go..I live here because I choose to live here..not because I have to live here. And what is funny is that I would NEVER go to where you live because I find it infinitely more dangerous and unpleasant than Mott Haven...but then again nobody will win the "which neighborhood is scarier" argument. I have lots of 2/3 family homes, condos/co-ops coming online, parks, and an easy commute to the city....with new people coming in every day and that makes me happy. The only thing I find scary are those that choose to spread fear and ignorance and pass that off as "advise", when in fact they are only interested in keeping their rents low and other people (as in white people) out of "their" community.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,374,651 times
SuperMario..where do you get your stats...Crime in Mott Haven is .72% higher (i.e. unchanged) versus this time in 2007...which was the record low crime rate for the past 45 years! Yet ANOTHER record low crime rate is in fact forecast for 2008. Yet another example of how you spread blatant misinformation: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs040pct.pdf Dude seriously..why do you try so hard to spread misinformation..how is scaring people helping your poverty?

Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
Quote:
Joe...you are confused. You ask an educated adult about the neighborhood versus a "youth" and therein lies the discrepancy (among other things). I do not spend time talkign about all that is wrong with the borough because there aer 100 other people to do that..do we need 101 people? What I do is talk about the OTHER SIDE which too many either choose not to see or are incapable. Being a homeowner has nothing to do with it Joe..I am a 3rd generation resident..whether I was a homeowner or not..I ain't going anywhere. Super Wario however indicates he is biding his time and bolting the first second he has the opportunity...yet another differnece between us..I care about my neighborhood..he does not.

Lol why so aggravated?

Listen I use proof. Hard stinking proof. I do not benefit from anything I say, especially Mott Haven. You own property, therefore it is in your best interest to talk about how special and wonderful the South Bronx is. But I see right through you. You keep mentioning these new developments, but it has done jack **** for the neighborhood. Things are getting worse. Mott Haven was deemed the worst neighborhood to raise children recently and has been engulfed in a crime wave. How about you actually post about thed good, when good actually happens. Not, when it can potentially happen. Mott Haven news is overwhelmingly negative. You must be stuck in the future because in 2008 Mott Haven is as bad a neighborhood imaginable.

Thats it.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM

Joe there is no doubt that people who invest in transitioning neighborhoods are "sensitive" about any negative criticisms. We also know that certian people are afraid of being priced out and susbequently attempt to scare people (online and in real life) out of their neighborhoods, which is what we are seeing with SuperWario..he has already admitted to wanting to keep white people out and uses these tacticts explicitly for that purpose. It should also be noted that I am not an "investor" I am a 3rd generation resident...and I and my family were hear when it was burned to the ground..and I am staying during this resurgence and revitalization.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Lol..englulfed in a crime wave huh? Okay...again..for all those readers on here..take a look at the STATS: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs040pct.pdf You will note the stats for 1990, 2001, 2007 and 2008 so far....and then it will be clear what SuperWario is all about..misinformation and lieing to scare people out of the neighborhood. This is all the proof you need....crime rates are dramatically DOWN, and continue to stay down in 2008..right with the 45 year record low of 2007. DOn't believe his scary stories. And if anyone would like to actually SEE for themselves...I always make time to show people my neighborhood, and the changes that are occuring. Please PM me.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
SuperMario..where do you get your stats...Crime in Mott Haven is .72% higher (i.e. unchanged) versus this time in 2007...which was the record low crime rate for the past 45 years! Yet ANOTHER record low crime rate is in fact forecast for 2008. Yet another example of how you spread blatant misinformation: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs040pct.pdf Dude seriously..why do you try so hard to spread misinformation..how is scaring people helping your poverty?
Look. Are you blind?

From the same website. And that .072 is significant when you realize that its the only Bronx neighborhood to see such an increase. All the others are down in total crime 8-12%.

2008 2007]

Homicides 14 13 7.6% increase
Rapes 26 21 23.8% increase
Robberies 427 336 16.6% increase]
Burglary 225 191 17.8% increase
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs040pct.pdf

Old 11-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Yes..I like how you only show the increases...that's my point! You are completely one sided and your only motivation is to keep people out. After all is said and done..the raw crime number variance between 2008 and 2007 is 11! That's right...11..which is a .78% increase....and SuperWario describes this as "engulfed in crime." Don't believe the hype people..SuperWario is doing his best to keep his community poor so he can keep paying $400 in rent...he could care less about anything else. Very sad indeed...and these are his words..not mine.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:02 PM

348 posts, read 1,248,350 times
Default Just a few articles...

Bonfire of An Urban Myth - London Financial Times FT.com / Arts & Weekend / House & Home - Bonfire of an urban myth

A Backyard Bargain in the Bronx - NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/28/ga...in&oref=slogin

And Now a Homeowner - The NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/17/re...=1&oref=slogin

Where Manhattanites Move When They Want to Stay in New York: One Borough Has Become the Standby (and it's not Brooklyn) - NY Observer
Where Manhattanites Move When They Want to Stay in New York | The New York Observer

Old 11-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Lol..englulfed in a crime wave huh? Okay...again..for all those readers on here..take a look at the STATS: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs040pct.pdf You will note the stats for 1990, 2001, 2007 and 2008 so far....and then it will be clear what SuperWario is all about..misinformation and lieing to scare people out of the neighborhood. This is all the proof you need....crime rates are dramatically DOWN, and continue to stay down in 2008..right with the 45 year record low of 2007. DOn't believe his scary stories. And if anyone would like to actually SEE for themselves...I always make time to show people my neighborhood, and the changes that are occuring. Please PM me.
STOP USING THE CRIMES FROM 1990!!

It's a different situation. There is no crack on the streets, thats it. NO NEIGHBORHOOD IS AS BAD AS IT WAS 18 YEARS AGO!

You live in 2008, look at the present. The only difference in Mott Haven now and in 1990 was crack. Thats it. On that very website it shows the massive increases in crime for ALL VIOLENT CRIMES.

You have no substance. Please everyone. Go to the website and look at the crime increases in every major category. The website proves my point and disproves your blatant BS lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City