Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
The sophisticated Northern, urbane, city woman, will hear the doorbell ring and ignore it, and as you open the door she'll tell you that you forgot to empty the garbage last night, didn't pay the light bill, and by the way, don't take your clothes off as you need to go to the Cleaners, the butcher's, pick up her laundry, and bring in a can of tuna for dinner.
I guess I epitomize the southern woman then, lol. AND I work all day too. Despite it all, I always manage to give my fiance a 20 minute massage everyday

I hope not all northern women are like what you mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I guess I epitomize the southern woman then, lol. AND I work all day too. Despite it all, I always manage to give my fiance a 20 minute massage everyday

LMAO he was being silly. It's not about north or south. Women are different. Some are nagging/lazy/complaining...and some work hard. A woman's work is never done. I work all day, take care of the house, cook, clean, I do it all! I think most women do that though! for real...

Old 11-18-2008, 06:45 PM

I thought he was serious, since many women I know here are like that with their S/O's lol

Old 11-18-2008, 06:47 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,498 times
Quote:
I thought he was serious, since many women I know here are like that with their S/O's lol
The majority of the women I know (all from NY) are always taking care of their men, or independent, work hard and take care of the work around the house too. I know way too many more lazy men who do jack...

Old 11-18-2008, 06:52 PM

Yeah, there's always going to be an equal amount of men, if not more, who are that way

Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax78 View Post
LMAO he was being silly. It's not about north or south. Women are different. Some are nagging/lazy/complaining...and some work hard. A woman's work is never done. I work all day, take care of the house, cook, clean, I do it all! I think most women do that though! for real...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax78 View Post
The majority of the women I know (all from NY) are always taking care of their men, or independent, work hard and take care of the work around the house too. I know way too many more lazy men who do jack...
Quote:
Yeah, there's always going to be an equal amount of men, if not more, who are that way

Okay ladies, to set the record straight, jax is on to me..was just being silly. And it's a little bit of the grapes are sour on my end..as both you Northern ladies are already taken so what's a fella to do? Oh Rachael, your guy is lucky to have that massage and jax, no Southern woman can compare to you in looks and in being a loving woman (from your posts above).

Okay, is it safe for me to resurface and post now, my beautiful, nice Northern ladies?

Last edited by Moderate Guy; 11-18-2008 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times
The only difference to me is the accent because at the end of the day the only thing that mattered to women from both the North and the South was how much money I made.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:45 AM

I think Miles should change his name to City-data's romeo

Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 8,073 times
as someone who is moving to the area from the DEEP south in one month, im a little discouraged that based on where i happened to be born (something beyond my control), people will think that i am fake! i was born in mississippi (which, i will admit, is about as far south & as country-redneck as u can possibly get) & while i like that everyone is friendly & will offer u help without needing to ask (even if u dont know them), i HATE the closed-mindedness of the south. it is the main reason i have been planning on leaving as soon as i graduate college. i know that not everyone is like that, i am proof of that, but i see less "fakeness" than i do intolerance in the south. i see about the same percentage of people who are phony that ive met from everywhere (i have friends from nyc, canada, seattle, los angeles, and miami)..i think southern women just catch more **** because they do tend to dress up more & spend more time on makeup & hair, & maybe that comes off as phony.. i dont know. i am very open-minded myself, probably b/c i have been around a lot of people, my family included, who are the complete opposite for 23 years...
but to view someone in a negative way solely based on where theyre from kinda sucks, especially from people who live in one of the most diverse cities in the world! i really do not want to have to worry about my answer to the question "where are u from?" when i move there & meet new people.

Last edited by redhead_0329; 11-19-2008 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead_0329 View Post
as someone who is moving to the area from the DEEP south in one month, im a little discouraged that based on where i happened to be born (something beyond my control), people will think that i am fake! i was born in mississippi (which, i will admit, is about as far south & as country-redneck as u can possibly get) & while i like that everyone is friendly & will offer u help without needing to ask (even if u dont know them), i HATE the closed-mindedness of the south. it is the main reason i have been planning on leaving as soon as i graduate college. i know that not everyone is like that, i am proof of that, but i see less "fakeness" than i do intolerance in the south. i see about the same percentage of people who are phony that ive met from everywhere (i have friends from nyc, canada, seattle, los angeles, and miami)..i think southern women just catch more **** because they do tend to dress up more & spend more time on makeup & hair, & maybe that comes off as phony.. i dont know. i am very open-minded myself, probably b/c i have been around a lot of people, my family included, who are the complete opposite for 23 years...
but to view someone in a negative way solely based on where theyre from kinda sucks, especially from people who live in one of the most diverse cities in the world! i really do not want to have to worry about my answer to the question "where are u from?" when i move there & meet new people.
Welcome to the Big Apple, redhead! And don't worry too much about that phony or fake label. We all become phony when we board the subway and put on our subway faces here trying to outscare any muggers down there. As to being called fake, anytime a woman is called that here in good old NY it has nothing to do with her mannerisms - probably just fellas who can't believe their eyes about, ahem, some nice feminine attributes, shall we say?

Come on over, there's a warm welcome for you, redhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: