Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:56 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,178 times

Advertisements

Clearly you do not udnerstand what it means to be marginalized, hated by society, ridiculed your whole life, and oftentimes shunned by family. When you have that one moment to bask at being yourself, for once, and being accepted and celebrated for that matter, you think they might get a little carried away? Of course! Freedom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 01:59 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,318 times
Clearly you don't know me then lol. Stop getting so defensive. I have tons of gay friends. It's an OBSERVATION! I've actually wanted to go to the Gay Parade myself. Chill out dude.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,178 times
I am chill..just trying to explain why you are seeing something that you view as "inappropriate". I believe that was the point of your post after all. Now you know why.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Well yeah I don't think the lewd acts were too great..esp. if they are trying to represent their sexuality..but it did make a lot of sense when someone brought up mardi gras. But Mardi Gras isn't representing a sexuality that we are trying to get society to accept. I'm saying this in good interest. I'm very accepting of homosexuality and I don't think it should even be an issue.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 PM

127 posts, read 547,922 times
I'm sorry but there shouldn't be any public sex in any parade. Those people need to get a room. As for parade goers being overly gay, that is just silly. You probably felt uncomfortable seeing so many gay people in one place. The whole purpose of the parade is to celebrate your identity, what makes you different, not to act "normal" whatever that means.

Also, like someone else said here, there's totally a double standard in society. European women walk topless in beaches while kids are around but if a guy were to walk around with his penis out its over. What's up with that?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM

That's true BronxPride. We should all be allowed to run around buckynaked!!! WOOHOO!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Agreed Luv...let them have their fun and life goes on...what is the big deal? Move on people...
Thats all fine and good.... If they wanna have a parade...BUT.. If I'm walking my young children down the street, and my kids see two dudes plumbing each other, I'm afraid i'm going to have a major problem with that. Of which I would be inclined to share. They can have their parade, they can hold hands, they can even wear precious pink little outfits if they wish. I will not change my plans in a public place to avoid their event. Doing so, infringes on MY rights, as well as every other straight person.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,249,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGSD View Post
Thats all fine and good.... If they wanna have a parade...BUT.. If I'm walking my young children down the street, and my kids see two dudes plumbing each other, I'm afraid i'm going to have a major problem with that. Of which I would be inclined to share. They can have their parade, they can hold hands, they can even wear precious pink little outfits if they wish. I will not change my plans in a public place to avoid their event. Doing so, infringes on MY rights, as well as every other straight person.
So you would walk your kids down the street during Mardi Gras and have them see bare female chests? Or would you stay away and infringe on your rights?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsonDowns View Post
So you would walk your kids down the street during Mardi Gras and have them see bare female chests? Or would you stay away and infringe on your rights?
I wouldnt go to New O in the first place. Its a nasty city. I'm sick of heraing "you are infringing on my rights" because I'm gay, hispanic, white, black, purple and so on. It's dumb. Why cant we all just go about our buisness like years ago? You didnt have all of this "poor me" stuff. I dont care if your gay, I dont care if your hair is green with red dots. Have a parade, have a party, I dont need to see your winkey. Find an alley, not an avenue.

If a gay person wants equal rights, they (a small number of them) need to act like it. I would be much more open or acceptable to anothers way of living if it was presented in a way that could be accepted as prudent. Not pokin in the street, that will earn culture respect of no one.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 PM

Default lol oh my goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal elite View Post

If the gays want to have a parade, why shouldn't they? After all, the Dominicans and Puerto Ricans have their horrid parades.
omg...true-never thought of it like that at all. good point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City