Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,178 times

Advertisements

Yikes...spicey thread indeed. LIberal elite has a point...although his point is marred by an equally negative commentary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 08:47 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
So now the Dominicans were sexually assaulting women at their parades every year now too. Wow talk about making generalizations. Hey those brown folks all look the same anyway. So I guess its okay to assume all gays act flamboyantly and are all in your face about being gay...

Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 AM

you know how people are Nooyowka....they get carried away with generalizations. We all do it..we are human. Just have to remember to keep things perspective and work at it everyday, if not, you will just end up like so many of the angry/bitter people that blame the world (or particular groups) for their problems/shortcomings/not getting what they think they "deserve".

Trust me...I am much happier treating people equally and not making generalizations. You will be too.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
you know how people are Nooyowka....they get carried away with generalizations. We all do it..we are human. Just have to remember to keep things perspective and work at it everyday, if not, you will just end up like so many of the angry/bitter people that blame the world (or particular groups) for their problems/shortcomings/not getting what they think they "deserve".

Trust me...I am much happier treating people equally and not making generalizations. You will be too.
Yeah I know. I always try my very best to treat people on an individual by individual basis. But its just annoying to see people think its okay to make generalizations like that. In 2008 no less!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:20 AM

10,062 posts, read 14,434,667 times
I agree that public affection should have limits for straight and gay people, but this is 1 freakin' day out of the year--relax.
Gay people have been ashamed, repressed, called names, and had to hide in the closet for hundreds of years. It's time for them to have ONE DAY to celebrate. If any "straight" people had that oppression, they'd be prancing around in the streets lickin' boobs or whatever it is they do too.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 AM

We already prance around and lick boobs on the street! Too late!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 AM

10,062 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
We already prance around and lick boobs on the street! Too late!
LOL...riiight. Dang it, too late is right.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:04 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,788 times
I've been to the parade numerous times and I haven't seen any sexual activity. Maybe some out-of-towner who got carried away?

Lots of gay men wear chaps and jockstraps out there...perhaps they were having a wardrobe malfunction?

What about all the topless women? No one seems to be complaining much about that right? ;-)

The pride parade is one day gay men or women can feel comfortable expressing their sexuality (with little chance of them being gay bashed since there are so many around)- so it makes sense some will go overboard due to alcohol or just getting caught up in the festivity. I know a few straight-laced gays that wouldn't dream of 'flaunting' in public any other day of the year.

If you think NYC's parade is wild don't go to SF when they have theirs! Grandpappy might have a stroke.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 AM
col

131 posts, read 674,730 times
these parades are open to all to see that in itself demands decorum and some self
discipline on the paraders part. No one is saying you can;t have this but act accordingly it not about flaunting.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegtrain View Post
they are a protected class. They can do whatever they want and claim discrimination if anyone attempts to limit their behavior.
we seem to have a lot of protected classes, don't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City