Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:41 PM

274 posts, read 1,108,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndTheCity View Post
no no..I was saying that's all I am familiar with. Me and my immediate social circle don't venture further up 80's so we don't know much about the universe there.

I used to ride the B D train Uptown to the UWS. (Bronx express right??) It usually always has a LOT of trashy looking Hispanic girls..Like loud ghetto with those chunky gold earrings sitting on some guys lap or with a mixed baby in a stroller.
True.

But the difference between them and most women you find in the Meatpacking district is that they are not in DENIAL about their trashiness.

Plus, if you're looking for trashy, cheap & trashy beats expensive & trashy any day.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 PM

59 posts, read 238,185 times
Quote:
Well your right, maybe I'm focusing too much on Fordham. But I've been around other parts of the Bronx and overall the chicks are nicer in Manhattan and Queens

Yeah if your looking for high maintenance women who wear heels everyday and are dressed up all the time then Manhattan is defintely where it is at. In the BX women don't walk around like that unless they are going out or to work they are still pretty women they are just more low maintenance. You did have a point about the type of women that are on Fordham that was funny.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sHip_Hop_Head View Post
I picture the woman in the Ues and Uws to be some of the snobbiest woman that are materialistic...but hey thats just my perception!I hate to be so judgemental but hey....who aint??
All women are materialistic. But they're only snobby if you have less money than them.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM

59 posts, read 238,185 times
Quote:
Yo one thing i find interesting is some of these teens love to dress and look like they were from the 80-90's era i seen some kids with high top fades,tight jeans,big gold ropes around their necks,i seen some even sport british knights...how do yall feel about this?...your right though NooYowkur...."a lot of it is 80's retrends"
I grew up in the 80s-90s and I don't know why people want to bring some of those styles back LOL. It was cool back then with the polka dot shirts, fades and 8 ball jackets but to wear it now is not. Whats funny is some of them think they are wearing something new. Does anybody remember triple fat goose coats LOL. I had one you couldn't tell me I wasn't fly. LOL

Old 07-02-2008, 01:58 PM

296 posts, read 734,468 times
I never heard of 8 ball jackets or Triple fat goose coats...LOL I dont wear my jeans super baggy but i also dont wear nutt huggers i dont know how some men do it

Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,098,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rock View Post
All women are materialistic. But they're only snobby if you have less money than them.

All women are not materialistic, and many women have no problem making more money than a man, and do not feel the need to be snobby about it. You must just be picking up the wrong kind of women.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
All women are not materialistic, and many women have no problem making more money than a man, and do not feel the need to be snobby about it. You must just be picking up the wrong kind of women.
1. All women ARE materialistic. It's a FACT that women want and buy more "stuff" than men (clothes, shoes, purses, furniture, decorations, jewelry, eating out, etc.). No woman has ever dumped a guy for suddenly finding a fortune.

2. It's a given that materialistic women would have no problem making more than 50% of the population.

3. There is no "wrong" or "right" kind of woman, just women who please you more than others.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:46 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,098,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rock View Post
1. All women ARE materialistic. It's a FACT that women want and buy more "stuff" than men (clothes, shoes, purses, furniture, decorations, jewelry, eating out, etc.). No woman has ever dumped a guy for suddenly finding a fortune.

2. It's a given that materialistic women would have no problem making more than 50% of the population.

3. There is no "wrong" or "right" kind of woman, just women who please you more than others.

Wanting to buy a pair of shoes or eat out does not make you materialistic.

Here is a good definition of materialism: The theory or attitude that physical well-being and worldly possessions constitute the greatest good and highest value in life.

It's the way you think about what you have and what others do not have; it has nothing to do with how much money you have or your choice to go buy a nice dinner.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:25 PM

64 posts, read 143,233 times
I am materialistic and I don't have time for broke cheapskates or losers.

Also I agree MPD and Chelsea has dug a tunnel to the NJ Turnpike. But I was referring to men I meet in VIP or who do Bottle Service.. They are mostly investment bankers who live in the city. All the girls I have met at their tables are models or rich kids who live in the city. Of course it has seen its share of Long Island and Jersey. But then again the fashions and demographics don't differ too much from Manhattan.

They all shop at Bloomies or Nordstorm. They all want to look like us and go shopping with us and hang out with us.. in short BE US.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:39 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sHip_Hop_Head View Post
Ok this is what i dont understand about some of you native New Yorkers, it seems you hate out of towners or something...
Shhhh...if you promise not to tell anyone, I'll let you in on a little secret: hating New York is almost a national pastime. All we're doing here is returning the favor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City