Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 8,141 times

Advertisements

Do you think that the BX 31 bus that runs on Katonah Avenue might be causing Global Warming. We use to have just 1 bus the BX34 bus run through Woodlawn. Now with the BX 31 running more times then the BX 34 bus through Katonah Avenue, do you think we the people of Woodlawn might be causing climate changes with 2 buses running through this community.

I want a world for my children. I am hoping that my message will help the people of Woodlawn(especially the Irish immigrants who care about climate change) to stop the BX 31 bus from running through Katonah Avenue in Woodlawn

I think we should call the MTA and complain if we really care about our mother earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 PM

730 posts, read 2,053,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirishim31 View Post
Do you think that the BX 31 bus that runs on Katonah Avenue might be causing Global Warming. We use to have just 1 bus the BX34 bus run through Woodlawn. Now with the BX 31 running more times then the BX 34 bus through Katonah Avenue, do you think we the people of Woodlawn might be causing climate changes with 2 buses running through this community.

I want a world for my children. I am hoping that my message will help the people of Woodlawn(especially the Irish immigrants who care about climate change) to stop the BX 31 bus from running through Katonah Avenue in Woodlawn

I think we should call the MTA and complain if we really care about our mother earth
The main reasons why the Bx31 runs through Katonah are access to Our Lady of Mercy Hospital and a connection to the 2 train (although most Woodlawn residents prefer taking a bus to the faster 4 train).

Old 07-02-2008, 08:04 PM

If that is the case,why do we have so many BX31 buses and no one is ever on them especially during the school year. The BX 31 is running too many buses through Katonah Avenue. If you look at Katonah avenue in the morning especially during the school years there is alot of traffic and traffic causes carbon emissions which is again CONTRIBUTING TO GLOBAL WARMING. We should at least curb the amount of BX 31 buses running through Woodlawn at least for our planets sake.

I myself who care about the enviorment really don't see the need for two buses running down that strip especially if it is causing pollutents and no one is ever really on the BX 31 bus.

PLUS IF YOU READ THE MTA'S WEB PAGE YOU CAN BUY AND UNLIMITED MTA PASS SO YOU CAN TRANSFER FROM BUS TO BUS.

MTA - Where to Buy MetroCard

HOWEVER THIS HAS MORE TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT NO ONE IS REALLY ON THE BX31 BUS AND THE ONLY THING THAT'S COMING FROM THAT BUS IS POLLUTION WHICH IS HELPING TO CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE ESPECIALLY IF NO ONE IS EVER ON THAT BUS.

PLEASE IF YOU CARE ABOUT OUR PLANET STOP THE BX 31 bus from running so many BX 31 buses through Katonah Avenue.

CALL JEFF KLEIN AND ASK HIM IF HE REALLY CARES ABOUT OUR PLANET AND THE EFFECTS OF GLOBAL WARMING HE WILL STOP OR WON'T RUN SO MANY BX31 BUSES THROUGH KATONAH AVENUE. IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE BX31 IS CAUSING TRAFFIC AND POLLUTION IN THE MORNING(ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING NO ONE IS EVER REALLY ON THAT BUS) WHICH IS CONTRIBUTING AGAIN TO GLOBAL WARMING.

SORRY TO REPEAT MYSELF SO MUCH BUT I REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND I WANT TO DO MY PART TO STOP GLOBAL WARMING BEFORE WE RUIN OUR MOTHER EARTH.

(718) 822-2049

Last edited by jirishim31; 07-02-2008 at 08:20 PM..

Old 07-03-2008, 06:16 AM

730 posts, read 2,053,973 times
Quote:
If that is the case,why do we have so many BX31 buses and no one is ever on them especially during the school year. The BX 31 is running too many buses through Katonah Avenue. If you look at Katonah avenue in the morning especially during the school years there is alot of traffic and traffic causes carbon emissions which is again CONTRIBUTING TO GLOBAL WARMING. We should at least curb the amount of BX 31 buses running through Woodlawn at least for our planets sake.

I myself who care about the enviorment really don't see the need for two buses running down that strip especially if it is causing pollutents and no one is ever really on the BX 31 bus.

PLUS IF YOU READ THE MTA'S WEB PAGE YOU CAN BUY AND UNLIMITED MTA PASS SO YOU CAN TRANSFER FROM BUS TO BUS.

MTA - Where to Buy MetroCard

HOWEVER THIS HAS MORE TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT NO ONE IS REALLY ON THE BX31 BUS AND THE ONLY THING THAT'S COMING FROM THAT BUS IS POLLUTION WHICH IS HELPING TO CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE ESPECIALLY IF NO ONE IS EVER ON THAT BUS.

PLEASE IF YOU CARE ABOUT OUR PLANET STOP THE BX 31 bus from running so many BX 31 buses through Katonah Avenue.

CALL JEFF KLEIN AND ASK HIM IF HE REALLY CARES ABOUT OUR PLANET AND THE EFFECTS OF GLOBAL WARMING HE WILL STOP OR WON'T RUN SO MANY BX31 BUSES THROUGH KATONAH AVENUE. IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE BX31 IS CAUSING TRAFFIC AND POLLUTION IN THE MORNING(ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING NO ONE IS EVER REALLY ON THAT BUS) WHICH IS CONTRIBUTING AGAIN TO GLOBAL WARMING.

SORRY TO REPEAT MYSELF SO MUCH BUT I REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND I WANT TO DO MY PART TO STOP GLOBAL WARMING BEFORE WE RUIN OUR MOTHER EARTH.

(718) 822-2049
The Bx31 has higher headways at rush hours (7 minutes compared to every 10 by the Bx34) since it runs through Eastchester Rd, Edenwald Houses, and the Morris Park Medical Park (all those hospitals south of Pelham).

Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,583 times
This is a silly and pointless thread. Your time would be better spent talking to those that route buses at the MTA. Don't waste your time with "Global Warming in Woodlawn" due to too many buses on Katonah. It makes light of the real problems of global warming, and the serious global warming problem is not to be hijacked by those who want less buses going down "their" street.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:16 AM

473 posts, read 1,670,601 times
Quote:
...Do you think that the BX 31 bus that runs on Katonah Avenue might be causing Global Warming. ...
Seems more like humor than a serious statement however, the 31 gets crowded down Eastchester rd buddy. Maybe it's empty by the time it gets to Woodlawn........ It is most crowded between 233 and Pelham Pkwy.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:15 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times
Global warming is overhyped. Some people, tree-huggers especially, worry too much and turn into spazzes with protests and everything.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,583 times
Yes well this is a perfect example of hype and turning into spazzes about everything.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:47 PM

127 posts, read 547,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
This is a silly and pointless thread. Your time would be better spent talking to those that route buses at the MTA. Don't waste your time with "Global Warming in Woodlawn" due to too many buses on Katonah. It makes light of the real problems of global warming, and the serious global warming problem is not to be hijacked by those who want less buses going down "their" street.
The "Global Warming in Woodlawn" aspect of the thread is a bit silly, but I don't think its a useless thread. If the BX 31 is empty when it gets to Katonah Avenue then maybe it can be rerouted to another avenue or neighborhood. I'm sure that another street nearby or another neighborhood would love to get that bus line. We can come up with solutions.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:01 PM

Just so you know I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT BANNING THE BX31 BUS FROM RUNNING. I am talking about especially during the school year the traffic the bus in causing by running through AGAIN KATONAH AVENUE IN WOODLAWN NOT EASTCHESTER ROAD. ITS THE TRAFFIC THAT IS THE PROBLEM AND TRAFFIC CAUSES CARBON EMISSIONS WHICH CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING. NO ONE IS RIDING THE BX31 BUS IN WOODLAWN. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE RIDING THE BX 31 bus in woodlawn on Katonah Avenue anyway,answer barely one person in WOODLAWN IS RIDING THIS BUS WHICH IS CAUSING POLLUTION WHICH HELPS GLOBAL WARMING. What is the point of having this bus on Katonah Avenue if no one is riding on it. ALL ITS DOING IS ADDIN MORE CARBON EMISSIONS. If you want to believe that running more BX 31 buses through woodlawn and causing traffic which causes carbon emissions is a good thing, well ...just know you all had a small hand in the effects of Global Warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City