Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,919,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Craziest person - I sat right next to a a perfectly normal looking guy who I noticed was reading a book filled with only a jumbled nonsense word typed over and over and over again. He turned the page and it was another page of the same word over and over. Then he started feverishly scratching his temple and then shot a stare over a me. I thought of Stephen King's The Shining, and then I had a panic attack.

lol that's just strange. I thought of The Shining too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 12:52 PM

129 posts, read 335,033 times
On the D train, a guy was asking for money since he was hungry. I handed him a slice of pizza in tin foil I had grabbed in the Bronx. He looked at it, threw it on the ground and yelled "I'm a vegetarian! I only want green!". When the subway was coming to a stop, he fell on the ground and starting rolling around. He didn't have a belt on, nor underwear, so his penis was flopping around. My mom kicked it and got off at the stop. She doesn't like wasting food nor seeing strange penises.

In Manhattan, I was riding the train to the Bronx and some wacko starting yelling about peoples' physical characteristics. After hearing this for a bit, I get annoyed; by now, he was really giving it to some Mexicans girls who didn't speak english, soliciting sex. At every stop, he would hop on the platform for a second and yell something or other. By the time I was near 59th St, the girls were looking worried, so when the guy hopped off to yell, I waited until he turned around and punched him in the stomach and pushed him off the train. The door closed as he was catching his breath for the first time in 20 minutes.

Many more stories...

Old 12-27-2009, 01:09 PM

961 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
On the D train, a guy was asking for money since he was hungry. I handed him a slice of pizza in tin foil I had grabbed in the Bronx. He looked at it, threw it on the ground and yelled "I'm a vegetarian! I only want green!". When the subway was coming to a stop, he fell on the ground and starting rolling around. He didn't have a belt on, nor underwear, so his penis was flopping around. My mom kicked it and got off at the stop. She doesn't like wasting food nor seeing strange penises.

In Manhattan, I was riding the train to the Bronx and some wacko starting yelling about peoples' physical characteristics. After hearing this for a bit, I get annoyed; by now, he was really giving it to some Mexicans girls who didn't speak english, soliciting sex. At every stop, he would hop on the platform for a second and yell something or other. By the time I was near 59th St, the girls were looking worried, so when the guy hopped off to yell, I waited until he turned around and punched him in the stomach and pushed him off the train. The door closed as he was catching his breath for the first time in 20 minutes.

Many more stories...
I think you and your mom handled yourselves well, we all feel like doing that at one point or another.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 AM

316 posts, read 988,907 times
Late '70s, I'm waiting on the platform. Suddenly I feel a hand grab my ankle Mod cut. Look down, it's a dude on a skateboard rolling past: his body ended at his stomach, there was nothing below.

Last edited by Viralmd; 12-28-2009 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,634,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
When I used to go to high school in LIC, on the Broadway train station, there was some clown from the gymnastics team doing flips and stuff in the tracks. I'm not sure if I should be ashamed that people do these stupid things in dangerous places, or if I should be jealous that I'm not able to do them myself, lol.

Be jealous!

Old 12-28-2009, 12:44 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,634,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boan View Post
Late '70s, I'm waiting on the platform. Suddenly I feel a hand grab my ankle Mod cut. Look down, it's a dude on a skateboard rolling past: his body ended at his stomach, there was nothing below.
Bull crap!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:43 PM

316 posts, read 988,907 times
Quote:
Bull crap!
Nope, it's true. That image is burned into my skull.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:19 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,506,148 times
A few weeks ago my friend and I had just gotten onto a crowded train and grabbed the bar when a woman (who looked as if she were going to grab the bar as well) scratched my friend's hand, which we thought was an accident. The woman then scurried off to a seat a few feet away. A few minutes later during the ride the same lady gets up, quickly walked over to my friend and obnoxiously coughs in her face (!!), and then sits right back down.

When we got off the train my friend realized she had been scratched so hard she was bleeding. Clearly not an accident. We were pretty shaken.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 PM

988 posts, read 3,252,759 times
Early this summer, I saw a 20's something guy who was so drunk, he was upright passed out while puking all over himself. It was so weird, he didn't even move an inch either way, he looked like an upright zombie. Someone checked his pulse and he was alive but he obviously had some type of alcohol poisoning. This story doesn't sound as crazy as the others but by being there, you would have freaked out.
In Chicago(Sorry, I know this is NYC) this summer, there was this young couple arguing and all of the sudden, the male began to pummel his girlfriend into the floor. We all had to run to break it up and he tried to fight us. I need to stop being brave while drunk, its going to get me in trouble one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City