Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,303,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Fieldston does not use private collection for the residences, only educational and other institutional properties would use private collection. DSNY removes refuse and recycling, just as in FHG, and every other residential address in the city. Entering the address in Fieldston will give the schedule for collection, just as in other city neighborhoods.

The association provides for street and sewer maintenance and repair, private security patrols, and maintenance of common grounds that are owned by the association. Parking is restricted as in FHG, to residents and guests. On border streets with NYC roads and sewer to the property, assessments are reduced to reflect the city maintenance, so the association does not collect the same from each property, as it's proportional according to lot size and lot location, accounting for said reductions in road maintenance and sewer maintenance for subject properties.
Are we talking about the private section only or Fieldston in general?? Fieldston does not just include the private section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 11:44 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Technically, Fieldston is just the association, but the name has been used by surrounding areas. And, yes, I am speaking to the association as DSNY will pick up in Fieldston, just as in FHG. Refuse collection is not covered by the association by laws.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,303,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Technically, Fieldston is just the association, but the name has been used by surrounding areas. And, yes, I am speaking to the association as DSNY will pick up in Fieldston, just as in FHG. Refuse collection is not covered by the association by laws.
In that case then yes, you're correct. Fieldston actually is more than just the association as it would also even include areas down by Broadway (which I personally think is ridiculous ), but if we're just talking about the association, then yes, it has its own private security, the city picks up the garbage, but the association is responsible for the streets. For parking, as you and I said it's limited to residents and their guests.

The one thing I forget is when the association is closed to the public. Do you remember off hand?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:04 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
It is usually in late August, IIRC, when the entrances are closed to traffic, save for residents and guests, and, of course, emergency vehicles.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM

46 posts, read 207,657 times
I moved from Washington Heights to Riverdale about 10 years ago. I loved it! Beautiful, quiet and huge apartments. Very different from where I was raised. I would have stayed there forever, but with the amount of rent that we were paying it was best to just purchase a home so we moved to Jersey. I still have fond memories of Riverdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City