Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM

32 posts, read 257,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
lol.....that's a depressing outlook on life. How did you get to be so cynical at such a young age?

Not all people are raciest.
I refuse to believe there is anyone who has never had a racist thought. I'm sure you have at one point. I wouldn't be having these thoughts if it wasn't for a reason or a negative experience I've had from someone of a different race. I'm not saying it's right but it's just the way things are.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 PM

213 posts, read 823,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlvstudent View Post
I wouldn't be having these thoughts if it wasn't for a reason or a negative experience I've had from someone of a different race. I'm not saying it's right but it's just the way things are.
So, based on the few bad experiences you've had with people of a certain ethnic group, do you believe all of them are that way?

Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Like one person said, a lot of it has to do with your body language and the vibe you put out. I'm told I'm attractive by people, but no one bothers me on the streets. I don't know, I guess I have the attitude of "I'm happily engaged so leave me alone" lol. If a guy starts giving me a look, I give him a dirty look.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
You're all a bunch of hypocrites
.................................................. ..............

again, sorry you had such awful experiences. i'd say this to you whether it be blue-eyed blonde men in thongs at Jones Beach or deliverymen in baggy pants in midtown harassing you.

we aren't all hypocrites. maybe the sad experiences are tempoarily clouding your thoughts.

again, i wouldn't wish any female or male to be groped by a stranger. sorry you had such a horrible experience.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
If a guy starts giving me a look, I give him a dirty look.
.................................................. ........................

Was that you, Rachel? Sorry I meant no harm. It's a compliment to you that I was LOOKING at you.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
If a guy starts giving me a look, I give him a dirty look.
.................................................. ........................

Was that you, Rachel? Sorry I meant no harm. It's a compliment to you that I was LOOKING at you.

Well it's flattering, but it's just my way of saying buzz off, i'm taken. Anyway, it's obvious now that I have a ring on my finger lol

Old 07-25-2008, 01:00 PM

274 posts, read 1,108,559 times
Quote:
Something tells me if I never mentioned race this post would have gotten a lot of sympathy. You're all a bunch of hypocrites. Every race is racist against another one for some reason or another, and if you deny ever having a racist thought I wouldn't believe you for a second.
True.

But you gotta remember that NYC is run by elitist leftists (i.e., Bloomberg).

They live in doormen apartments and send their kids to private schools, but claim to not be racist.

They loooove minorities, but only at a distance.

Their money, and your taxes, allows them to buy an army of minorities who serve and protect them (doormen, cops, cabbies, nannies, food workers, etc.) from other minorities.

Woe to you if you speak ill of their minority servants.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
Everyone, please keep this thread on topic.

Continued name calling, insult hurling and offensive generalizations will be the fastest way to get this thread shut down.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:18 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,077,439 times
For all the women that have been pressed up against, as I have also, when anyone on the train gets too close they get the nice sharp elbow between me and them. Works every time. And the few that really pushed it got told to back the F up in front of the whole train. You've got to be tough in this city sometimes, being all squeezed together on the train and sidewalk.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:20 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,077,439 times
Quote:
I refuse to believe there is anyone who has never had a racist thought. I'm sure you have at one point. I wouldn't be having these thoughts if it wasn't for a reason or a negative experience I've had from someone of a different race. I'm not saying it's right but it's just the way things are.
Yes, you are correct. But it is considered very low class and in poor taste to come out and so openly insult the people that you might think these racist and unfair things about. At least here anyway, not sure about Vegas haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City