Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 11:33 AM

59 posts, read 232,902 times

Advertisements

YouTube - holler(full skit)

Old 07-26-2008, 11:50 AM

217 posts, read 921,643 times
Quote:
Most "nice" women, i.e., the ones who are interested in getting to know you and a possible relationship, generally think that men who approach them on the street are only looking for sex. That's why most self-respecting women don't respond to men on the street.
I see someone just discovered the nature of men. Just starting college in New York City, eh? Well, pretty girls - 'that's what you are, live with it - catch the attention of men of all ages. You have several choices:

1. Wear a burka.
2. Ignore it. If the "creep" persists, chances are he is dangerous, call a cop.
3. Why are you in that bar? Why are you dressed like "that" - yeah, you can dress any way you want but the game has a price, lady. If you want to avoid the obvious attention, have your husband/boyfriend on your arm and make sure he's good-looking and physically intimidating enough to ward off the competition. A gay friend won't do it, either, unless you're into gay bars.
4. Have a child with you. That is the biggest turn-off to a wolf.
5. Own and walk a large dog. Of course, the dog walks are great places to hook-up...
6. Make it clear that if a man doesn't smell like $200 k/year, he's not in your league (a real killer of lechers).
7. Do things to make yourself ugly. don't be athletic. Eat stuff that's bad for you. then again, there are plenty of men who will pursue anything and anyone.
8. If you wear low-cut t-shirts and such, don't shave your underarm hair.
9. Do not wear a thong. Real men LIKE to look at them as they show through a tight pair of pants. That's the way it is, ladies, they're not marketed to you for your health, you know. Same goes for any underwear under light-colored clothing. Oh, and if you go "commando" - and it shows, we guys might think you're, um, a "ho."

That being said, since my ego was annihilated many, many moons ago by a combo of #3 and #6 above, I keep my distance. SO DON'T FLAME ME FOR BEING HONEST.

End note: guys, avoid leering at the gym. The girls won't come back; make strategic use of the mirrors.

Last edited by Otis_Nevins; 07-26-2008 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 07-26-2008, 03:02 PM

842 posts, read 4,309,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis_Nevins View Post
I see someone just discovered the nature of men. Just starting college in New York City, eh? Well, pretty girls - 'that's what you are, live with it - catch the attention of men of all ages. You have several choices:

1. Wear a burka.
3. Why are you in that bar? Why are you dressed like "that" - yeah, you can dress any way you want but the game has a price, lady. If you want to avoid the obvious attention, have your husband/boyfriend on your arm and make sure he's good-looking and physically intimidating enough to ward off the competition. A gay friend won't do it, either, unless you're into gay bars.
5. Own and walk a large dog. Of course, the dog walks are great places to hook-up...
6. Make it clear that if a man doesn't smell like $200 k/year, he's not in your league (a real killer of lechers).
7. Do things to make yourself ugly. don't be athletic. Eat stuff that's bad for you. then again, there are plenty of men who will pursue anything and anyone.
9. Do not wear a thong. Real men LIKE to look at them as they show through a tight pair of pants. That's the way it is, ladies, they're not marketed to you for your health, you know. Same goes for any underwear under light-colored clothing. Oh, and if you go "commando" - and it shows, we guys might think you're, um, a "ho."

That being said, since my ego was annihilated many, many moons ago by a combo of #3 and #6 above, I keep my distance. SO DON'T FLAME ME FOR BEING HONEST.

End note: guys, avoid leering at the gym. The girls won't come back; make strategic use of the mirrors.
LOL great post

Old 07-26-2008, 03:05 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis_Nevins View Post

1. Wear a burka.

lol......so your telling me if I get fat, dont shave, buy a large dog, find a meat head to tote around, I will no longer be hit on .......think I will just deal with being hit on...lol

Old 07-26-2008, 04:52 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,250,356 times
I had no idea that men were so fragile. What's wrong with approaching a woman with, "Hi" or "Excuse me..." instead of "Shake it, don't break it baby!" or other crap lines.

If a man is only attracting golddiggers, there is something wrong with his approach. I have many single girlfriends with high-paying careers who happily date men who make less money. But many of the men haven't been able to handle it. Oops, I guess I did know about the weakness.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:00 PM

205 posts, read 507,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsonDowns View Post
I had no idea that men were so fragile. What's wrong with approaching a woman with, "Hi" or "Excuse me..." instead of "Shake it, don't break it baby!" or other crap lines.

If a man is only attracting golddiggers, there is something wrong with his approach. I have many single girlfriends with high-paying careers who happily date men who make less money. But many of the men haven't been able to handle it. Oops, I guess I did know about the weakness.
men are givers. women are recievers. nature of the beast. We like to please you. Your happiness makes us happy. If ur makin the bread and I cant do sh-t for ya.......now what.

No matter how evolved advanced we are it all stems from natural primal instinct.

..on a side note...I wish I would get cat called by women. call me hot and whistle at me anyday. Put a smile on my face.lol..

p.s. whats with all arrogant shallow blond blue eyed women in this city..lol..

Old 07-26-2008, 05:50 PM

93 posts, read 309,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1983 View Post

..on a side note...I wish I would get cat called by women. call me hot and whistle at me anyday. Put a smile on my face.lol..

I think you'd have a better grasp on why its an idiotic way to approach women if gay men called you hot and whistled at you. I'm sure that would make you feel all tingly inside. LOL.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:55 PM

205 posts, read 507,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eephus View Post
I think you'd have a better grasp on why its an idiotic way to approach women if gay men called you hot and whistled at you. I'm sure that would make you feel all tingly inside. LOL.

lol....!! thats funny but not the same! not like shes getting lesbians hitting on her. i shake in my boots if that really happened though.

i had a gay manager a couple years back. we joked around sometimes. cool guy. But one day he said dont worry your not my type. for some reason i sat there and thought about it. i asked what the hell you mean im not your type. whats with wrong with me. whats makes you so special...lol.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:00 AM

943 posts, read 4,258,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1983 View Post
lol....!! thats funny but not the same! not like shes getting lesbians hitting on her. i shake in my boots if that really happened though.

i had a gay manager a couple years back. we joked around sometimes. cool guy. But one day he said dont worry your not my type. for some reason i sat there and thought about it. i asked what the hell you mean im not your type. whats with wrong with me. whats makes you so special...lol.

Called reverse psychology.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:31 AM

486 posts, read 982,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlvstudent View Post
what I meant is in Vegas platinum blonde hair/tan skin, kind of a 'socal' look is really popular and I hardly see anyone like this in NYC. The style here is totally different and maybe I stand out with my west coast style.
Are you assuming that this only happens to you???? I agree with everyone else. New Yorkers say what they are thinking. The last time I visited New York, the city workers were yelling out of their truck at me. I didn't get offended, just smiled and kept walking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City