Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 AM

149 posts, read 198,576 times

Advertisements

So weird, I always hear about these "gross perverted Hispanic men" on NYC subways and I was just on another forum a few seconds ago and read this.

Quote:
"I remember in NY when I took the train once, A mexican or central american looking guy in his 30s was staring at me as soon as we made eye contact he took out his erection and started masturbating, I had to get up and wait for the next stop to run to the next car. There were some other latino looking people in the car and they were laughing at him like cheering him on, instead of scolding him and whistling at me while I got up and ran to the next car."
Really disturbing!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:01 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,978,148 times
Default men do the dirty work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Men are no longer necessary to 'protect women' nor to ante up for their meals. And gifts are optional and go both ways now.
Men are still very neccesary and do most if the real work that keeps society protected from the elements. With no men there would be no plumbing, no electricity, no bridges to cross and no rails to travel on. Men do all the dirty work so women can get their degree and make $100k while they sit on yahoo messenger or city-data in an air conditioned office and collect their $100k a year in some unnecessary soft corporate position.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,064,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
I don't see anything wrong with men getting physical (brushing by a lady on a crowded train/bus) or gazing up and down. Normal, healthy men are going to do these things whenever possibly, if I may say so myself.

I am involve with a female, but I can't expect her to satisfy me 24/7. So, my view is that I can take liberties with other women (that are within the bounds, such as accidently making contact and apologizing later) in order to satisfy myself. And in Manhattan this can be done without ramifications.

Women shouldn't be so girlish and sensitive in places such as NYC. Catcalling and staring are facts of life in any major city of the world. Places such as Vegas are small towns really.

Men are also expected to protect women, pay for their meals, buy them gifts etc. These are also facts of life.
Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww. That's the type that gets the sharp elbow right between us. Or I manage to kick their ankles, accidentally, as we're walking off the train. Or more likely than that, I actually come right out and embarrass the guy who's tried to press up against me. Making a polite (not disgusting) comment is one thing, but touching is another.

It is nice to have a man buy gifts and dinner, but dont ever think we NEED you to buy us things. I make plenty of money on my own thank you. Sorry if that is intimidating but that's also a fact of life. My man is quite secure enough to deal with that and still acts/feels the man.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,064,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yes it has. Plenty. But as a guy you have to know your target.

*note rascism*

If I see a young white woman, most likely she'll be annoyed. So I dont really holla at them knowing that chances are im going to get rejected. Now, I am 19 years old.....so I limit my chase to hispanic women ranging from 18-22. Usually you can get a few numbers from them. Hispanic women actually like the attention. It "gasses" them up though. Now, I get alot ALOT of psttt from girls 14-17 years old. If I were to target them I would have a 100% success rate. But we all know that's illegal (although 17 is ok by me). You can tell by the way she acts, what she wears, eye contact etc to see if they would stop and talk to you. Im pretty handsome myself hehe so that never hurts.

White girls really wont stop. And usually any women older than 30 would find this disrespectful.

But there are ALOT of women who not only stop, who not only love the attention, who not only give you their number, but who would even end up in your bed next morning.
I think SuperMario hit the nail on the head. Its sort of a cultural thing, more a "city thang", more a working class thing, more a spanish and black thing. But you wont find too many upper class spanish or black people doing this either.

So underlying theme its a sort of working class city thing. And I love my working class people (even though I sit in an air conditioned office doing a white collar job lol) and I love caribbean spanish men (puerto ricans and dominicans) so maybe that's why I dont really mind so much. I get polite comments from these people such as when I come out of the dominican hair salon (I've got some thick ass hair for a white girl so I have to go under the dryers with the big rollers haha) or I'll get comments about my ass (more so before I gained 10 lbs wah) and since the ass is the quintessential body part to the caribbean spanish male I take that as a compliment. I really never get anything but respect from people though mainly, nothing too rude or anything derogatory (a lot of "God bless you"s lol).

I do hate to agree the types that were mentioned that really leer and stare so so hard are really creepy especially when coming from a man often shorter than me, and I'm only 5'2" lol. Also keep in mind that "hispanics" are a broad group of cultures and ethnicities and they shouldn't be lumped into one group. People from Mexico or south america, for example, often have little in common with someone from the caribbean islands (even their spanish is spoken differently).

Old 07-29-2008, 07:17 AM

838 posts, read 1,202,509 times
Cool So it's not just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlvstudent View Post
I haven't been in NYC very long (originally from Nevada) but never in my life have I experienced so many creepy men who blatantly stare me up and down, say nasty sexual comments to me, call me names, etc. until I moved here. I'm a pretty attractive, young, blonde girl, which is very common where I'm from, so I assume the guys there are just used to it. But here it's just ridiculous! So is it normal for a female to have 5 foot tall Hispanic men (oh you know what I'm talking about, I see them everywhere. They're all hispanic, short, and creepy. Often seen delivering food.) on the subway staring and whispering at you? To walk past a guy on the street and have him stop and turn around and shout something at you? When I'm walking down the street and see a group of construction workers I know what's coming. I've even had a guy grab my ass on a crowded subway.

Do these men have ANY respect for women?
Wow, I feel like I could have written this for myself. I , however, am from San Diego and I do not mirror the blondie look. In fact, although I am 75% white, they mistake me for colombian all the time. At first when I came here it was insane. I was like..wow..am I really that hot??! LMFAO. I couldn't understand why showing a little bit of my calves was sexy when in San Diego you walk around near half way naked and the dudes normally don't even glance twice.
I think part of the catcalls had to do with them sniffing me out. You could tell I was a naive out-of-towner I guess. I was WAY too friendly and really thought that everyone that spoke to me was being friendly lol. BOY WAS I WRONG!

Now I just walk around with my iPod and have gotten used to completely ignoring it. I will be talking on my cell phone with the catcalls going on and all and it's like it doesn't even make me blink an eye anymore. I realize that a few, not all, of these men have NO shame. They will hit on women with a wedding ring..a small child or baby, and EVEN pregnant women! (YES I HAVE SEEN THIS MORE THAN ONCE!).

I think they may be attracted to some of us newcomers more b/c I have noticed that the NY women have got the " DON'T PULL THAT **** WITH ME BUDDY" attitude already going on lol. I have been amused time after time to see a NY woman get hit on and whip the guys ass back into his place haha.

A few people are getting mad at the girl who posted this and arguing about the beauty of NY women. Let's clear this up. When I came here I expected to see loads of beautiful women and to this day, I have probably seen literally just a handful of really beautiful women. In relation to California and Nevada, yeah I was surprised. Now the men, however..I must say, are MUCH better looking here! Scary thing is that a lot of them are players!!! ;(

Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 AM

Default Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysocks View Post
My girlfriend keeps complaining to me about catcalling, I tell her to wear looser clothes and half of that would be gone. she then yells at me for telling her what to wear. Ugh... women. Anyway, now I think the only reason she complains to me about catcalling so much (or how much she gets hit on by her co-workers, etc) is to remind me that for once in my life I got a catch... damn.
LOL! Yes, I will not lie..sometimes us women like to do that. Just like you guys like to get a little rise out of us..we enjoy the same. The jealousy let's us know the relationship is still alive and passionate...but I personally would never let it get out of hand.

This sounds like my bf & I. Except at this point, I actually am REALLLLLY sick and tired of the catcalls. He claims that everything I wear is too showy. This is HARDLY the truth, so of course I yell at him and ask him " Do you expect me to wear a tent or something?!". I don't wear anything that shows my cleavage or has my rear end hanging out so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 AM

I'm just going to put it out there. I'm white but of Mexican Ancestry. Let's all stop beating around the bush. It's the short disgusting & filthy little mexicans (and a little bit of other races mixed in) that rub me & a LOT of women the wrong way. Usually they are the one's fresh from mexico. NOW you guys can all get mad and yell at me for being racist..this isn't true lol..as I am part mexican myself. I see everyone teetering around and debating on whether or not to spit this out. NOW, I can say that I have had gross guys from all races hit on me..but the constant kissy sounds and "mi amor " this and that are MUCH more prevalent coming from certain little nasty midgets. I don't think hispanic men are gross though, don't get me wrong. This white girl LOVES puerto rican, dominican, s. american, spanish,etc.... Even SOME mexican guys ( so long as they are 5'7 or taller and not clicking their tongue at me). I have had 3 bf's my entire life..and the last one was bolivian and the current one is ecuadorian..but they have the more "american" look and speak english like they were born here. I can't think of the words to say but I a hope this is politically correct. lol

PS. I saw a poster on here that noted she lived in San Diego as well & yes, as I have too, the mexican guys that hop the border are GROSS down there too!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 AM

730 posts, read 2,879,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
the mexican guys that hop the border are GROSS down there too!
OUCH!!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 AM

Default :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnePatrice View Post
OUCH!!!!
I'm not trying to be offensive. I know I am making "generalizations"...but GENERALLY..this is the sad truth! (

It becomes a sickening and disgusting trend. I think a lot of us women are repulsed by anyone who displays this sort of behavior towards us...and some resentment builds up inside.

Sometimes I just want to buy a taser and zap them all like a bunch of dogs when they do that.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 AM

473 posts, read 1,666,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
......they sit on yahoo messenger or city-data in an air conditioned office and collect their $100k a year in some unnecessary soft corporate position.
I don't think anyone gets a 6 figure salary for an unnecessary position....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City