Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2008, 01:58 PM

352 posts, read 1,591,958 times

Advertisements

I'm normally on the Metro DC/Northern Virginia side of the City-Data forums, but I hope you'll indulge me here for a quick moment.

I'm trying to get to Yankee Stadium to see a game with my dad on his 63rd birthday, along with two other friends. I thought I was being smooth and picked a nondescript Sunday day game against a total noncontender, the KC Royals. Thought tickets would be easier to come by. Ugh, was I wrong! Everything I'm finding is like $150+/ticket for bleachers.

Surely there's a kind soul out there with 4 extra tickets for the 8/17 Yanks-Royals game that can part with them without hosing me, or perhaps point me in the right direction to find one of those kind souls? Right now I'm looking at stubhub, ebay, and nyyfans.com, but no luck in the not-getting-hosed-department so far.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 02:07 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Yeah this season has been really rough to catch a game. Its because everyone wants to see the stadium at least one last time.

Stubhub is the way to go. Its expensive but if you look around hard enough you sometimes see decent prices. Occasionally on Craigslist people put ads too. If you really want to go, you might just have to put down the cash and do it.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 PM

352 posts, read 1,591,958 times
Thanks...been checking Stubhub. Craigslist is so overrun by the ticket brokers that it's really hard to sniff out the "real" individual posters.

By comparison, I have $10 tickets for tomorrow's Nationals-Mets game here. Totally different world.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM

96 posts, read 307,374 times
I am also trying to get tickets for a Yanks game. I called the box office and was told that there were not tickets (so much for the weekly Yank emails saying tixs are available). They promote StubHub. I got an email from [SIZE=3]Carol Laurenzano with disabled services and if your father is in a wheelchair I would contact her since her email made it seem that she had tickets. Good luck. ALSO, have you tried ebay?[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City