Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 10,561 times

Advertisements

I recently went to the East Coast and I really think it would be my type of place to live. I would absolutely love to live in NYC but it would probably be out of my price range. I'm a 22 year old with a BA in Criminal Justice so it's not like high paying jobs would exactly be all that easy for me to get. While I can easily afford where I live now on my salary it would be impossible in NY. I'm looking to go back to school for something technology/computer related but i'm really still undecided on what degree to pursue.

What types of jobs are plentiful and easy to get in NYC area? Also, what would be the cheapest non-crime ridden place in the city to live? Your help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 AM

25 posts, read 100,319 times
This question is asked a lot. I would read through this entire thread first and then ask your questions.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:30 AM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
And if you have a degree in criminal justice, the first thing you should know is that NYC is no longer crime-ridden at present.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,437 times
I don't have a degree and I made it here just fine. It's all about your persistence and determination. You seem to at least have one foot up with your degree. Why don't you join the NYPD? I just spoke with two police officers and I heard they are hiring aggressively..and the benefits are INSANE! They completely make up for your salary during the first two years. $7 healthcare? Full coverage? I was EVEN considering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City