Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 AM

33,452 posts, read 46,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPumpkin View Post
Electchester has changed a lot-I don't think you need to be an electrician anymore, but there are families that have been there, passed them down, etc. The commute into the city is not bad at all, but watch the neighboring area..I grew up there and it has changed a LOT...
sorry if i'm getting off topic, but i think pomonok is pretty tame for projects. way better than what i'm used to at least, being in far rockaway

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 06:21 PM

248 posts, read 870,384 times
Pomonok is tame compared, yes, but when we lived there..there was always a resident drug dealer in the lobby and after we moved, a classmate of my brother's was shot...she was about 12, I would venture to say...it's still not great over there, was my point.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 9,292 times
Default hi

does anyone no where you could see some photos of the apartments and also the rates that they charge?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 9,187 times
Default info on electchester coops

Hi, I'm trying to get information on getting an apartment in Electchester Co-ops. I sent in a letter in the summer time, I received something stating that I'm on the waiting list but now when I call I can't seem to get any other info.. I hear it's all about who you know in there?? Do you have any info? you can also email me at moniquehill22@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K211 View Post
Hi,
I live In Electchester what would you like to know?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
bxt bxt started this thread

49 posts, read 199,118 times
I sent in a letter also and received one back saying I was on the waiting list which is like 3 years long. So needless to say I'm not going to hold my breath. There is some developments in the Bronx that I'm going to check out.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:02 AM

105,919 posts, read 107,880,197 times
you really need to be in the local and even then their may be politics involved rumor has it.....

the apartments are actually co-op. they sell for very little money, you must sell them back at what you paid and basically you pay what amounts to a rent although a lower rent then you would if you werent subsidized by local 3.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 8,746 times
Hi, don't know if this post is too late. I live in Electchester. My grandfather was an electrician and he actually did some of the original wiring here.

I'm pretty sure we don't buy our own apartments. If that were the case, my parents and grandparents would own theirs right now since our family is among the original tenants. It's a rental. And the quality of the buildings over the years, at least in mine, has gown TENFOLD in the past 20 years I would say. Don't bother moving here. I can't wait to move out.

Actually for me the best part of Electchester is the transportation. Q64, Q65, Q18 and Q88 all within walking distance, which as you know, opens you up to many different trains.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 12,205 times
Default Just how cheap is it to live in Electchester?

Hi there all,
Late to this thread! I'm just wondering how cheap it really is to live in electchester??
Thanks!!

Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 8,484 times
Some people buy the apartments, some people rent. I grew up there and it's pretty safe but is in the middle of nowhere. My mom still lives there. It's a decent place for families. If you're a young professional, though, it's pretty boring and about an hour from the city (you must take a bus and a train. No way you're walking to the train unless you have a lot of time on your hands). Pomonok is a very tame housing project. As far as schools over there, I had a horrible time in junior high school over there (Parsons, which has since closed) and the zoned high school is Jamaica, which is horrible. The elementary school is pretty ok, at least when I went in the early 90s.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 AM

2 posts, read 13,860 times
Default Question re: Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by K211 View Post
Hi,
I live In Electchester what would you like to know?

HI!

How would I go about getting an application for the Electchester apartments? When I call, no one answers. There is not an immediate need for an apartment, but I am thinking 2-3 years down the line. All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-14-2010 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: NO signatures, Email addresses should not be in posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery