Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:18 PM

173 posts, read 192,507 times

Advertisements

Not true at all...if the bad is heavily loaded it makes it much easier to rip..but when you drag a plastic garbage bag on an uneven concrete sidewalk/street, it is guaranteed to rip/tear/get caught on something. And you are right about one thing..so long as they keep dragging the garbage bags...they will keep ripping...but that has nothing to do witht he weight...its the fact that garbage bags are not meant to be dragged across concrete/asphalt...they are simply meant to hold garbage! But yeah....they will keep breaking..and these guys get a kick out of it....that is until I get my camera out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 PM

35 posts, read 135,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
Those two can go really well together, no?

Old 08-27-2008, 02:28 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MottHavenDude View Post
Not true at all...if the bad is heavily loaded it makes it much easier to rip..but when you drag a plastic garbage bag on an uneven concrete sidewalk/street, it is guaranteed to rip/tear/get caught on something. And you are right about one thing..so long as they keep dragging the garbage bags...they will keep ripping...but that has nothing to do witht he weight...its the fact that garbage bags are not meant to be dragged across concrete/asphalt...they are simply meant to hold garbage! But yeah....they will keep breaking..and these guys get a kick out of it....that is until I get my camera out....

Read it again: "If the bag is not heavily loaded, the bag will not rip when dragged."

That's what I said.... And guys are not gonna pick the bag up and carry it...sure it may seem like nothing to you when you bring it to the sidewalk...but try carrying 50 of those bags without dragging at multiple stops all day long.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM

173 posts, read 192,507 times
Read it again: "Not true at all...if the bad is heavily loaded it makes it much easier to rip..but when you drag a plastic garbage bag on an uneven concrete sidewalk/street, it is guaranteed to rip/tear/get caught on something." I know the job sucks...but if you can't do then job you should find something else to do....nobody is holding a gun to your head. Dragging the bags makes them rip/tear...if you guys cleaned the mess nobody would care..but you just leave it all over the sidewalk/streets...and continue doing the same dragging and tearing open bags over and over again.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:37 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,061 times
You are missing the point. If the bags weren't so heavy there would be no need to DRAG the bag. If the bag is light we will carry it to the truck...it's simple.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:37 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
I know the job sucks...but if you can't do then job you should find something else to do
.................................................. .................................................

i hear ya but someone else was saying that the pay stinks (pun unintended)

Old 08-27-2008, 02:39 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,525 times
I used to be a receptionist. But the work was takin lots time out from my school work .
So I left, and now I'm a full-time Journalism major

Old 08-27-2008, 08:07 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
I'm loving this back and forth arguing about garbage bags, it's quite entertaining lol

Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 PM

922 posts, read 3,860,320 times
Hey Rachael: Your 1,000th post!

Miles: "trash talk" -- good one

Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstaterInBklyn View Post
Hey Rachael: Your 1,000th post!

Miles: "trash talk" -- good one
Thanks upstater.

The threads around here heat up a lot and things can get very tense - what with arguments about cops' salaries, new Yankee Stadium vs more schools in the Bronx, gays overrunning the Bronx, the evils or benefits of rent stabilization, women paying less than men for gym fees, posters working as gigolos to afford housing in NYC, and the list goes on.

So when a sanitation guy from the really huge sanitation thread (that no one but the garbage men visit) accidentally dropped in on this thread, mott tried to show him the error of his ways. What with garbage men now wanting a piece of the action since cops just got a raise. mott said, "Hey not so fast, first you guys gotta clean up a little, you can't leave behind a trail of garbage when your truck pulls out. Aren't you guys supposed to clean up not leave more garbage than we had before you arrived?" To which the garbage guy responded, "Yeah? Get a better trash bag if you want your trash taken care of."

I never thought I'd enjoy trash so much but you just gotta do trash sometimes - the other hot topics can get to you. So I'm now all for trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City