Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:58 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden67 View Post
ok i guess lets narrow it down a little.

is that particular part of Astoria better or worse than others? trendy? bars/restaurants? music venues? anything to speak of? it looks pretty quiet and residential for the most part, at least on Google maps.

Didn't see this part before my first post. If you want trendy, that part is not really trendy and yes it is more residential. But you're not far from good spots, and there are good restaurants all over Astoria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM

536 posts, read 2,348,912 times
Nothing to do in the area. some people call it Astoria, I guess, but it's pretty far south, a short walk to sunnyside, actually. It would be more appropriate to file it under Long Island City in terms of the neighborhood's atmosphere.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:36 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,984,640 times
Most people consider it Woodside actually.. considering it's next to the Woodside Projects and it's right on the dividing line for Sunnyside/Woodside, but it depends who you speak to. The correct neighborhood is LIC though.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:49 AM

55 posts, read 195,626 times
thanks!! this is all really helpful honestly. i didn't know anything about this particular area before.
from the map it did look like it was pretty far South of the main part of Astoria, if thats correct.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM

730 posts, read 2,888,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax78 View Post
PJs don't necessarily mean it's dangerous or bad. Those PJs are fine!!!! Tame and not a problem. A bigger problem IMO is that it's close to Bryant High School - which could be annoying for some people. Kids hanging around and stuff. But the area is not dangerous. I live a few blocks from there. I feel safe. It is at the end of Astoria, close to the border of Woodside, so it is a bit far from a lot of spots, but you can take the RV right there or walk.
I know where it is and if you read my previous posts you would know I lived ON the block the OP is asking about. I never said those PJ's were dangerous, only that they were there.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:56 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnePatrice View Post
I know where it is and if you read my previous posts you would know I lived ON the block the OP is asking about. I never said those PJ's were dangerous, only that they were there.
I was just saying to the general public it's not bad by those PJs. I live right there.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 PM

842 posts, read 4,309,145 times
46th & Broadway VS Greenpoint Ave - Greenpoint is the better option; more restaurants, more stores, more population, & closer to Bushwick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City