Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 12:12 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
The first step is the letter to come in for the medical and to make sure you live in one of the boroughs and have at least a high school diploma or GED. That is also when they offered the CDL class. After that, they start at the top and start calling people each person who is eligible. Those that aren't eligible are the ones who failed the medical, no CDL license, didnt bring in proper proof of residence or education level, and those who deferred the job from the last 2 classes and didn't reinstate their list number. Thats how i remember it, i might have a couple things confused, bu tthats basically how it went.
Good stuff,all of this info and more is buried in one of the sanitation threads on here but it needs to be repeated obviously.

So the key word is reinstate, if somebody doesn't do that(call up DCAS)then DCAS will pass them over and not notify them.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 7,652 times
Im currently on the list 6X for dsny and have my cdl but I don't have my tank endorsement and have a3 restriction ( municipal / school operator only). Is the restriction ok, I figure it ok since it a city agency. I can take the tank endorsement at the DMV but do I need to take a road test also? Any help is much appreciated

Old 07-12-2010, 09:24 PM

372 posts, read 830,052 times
ur restriction is fine you need the tanker endorsement...if u have the cdl i dont believe u need to take another road test....

Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM

231 posts, read 466,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noflexdont View Post
Im currently on the list 6X for dsny and have my cdl but I don't have my tank endorsement and have a3 restriction ( municipal / school operator only). Is the restriction ok, I figure it ok since it a city agency. I can take the tank endorsement at the DMV but do I need to take a road test also? Any help is much appreciated
the restriction is fine. i got the tank endorsement before i took my road test, but i dont think you would need to.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 PM

10 posts, read 11,092 times
Whats the starting/ average pay for a Sanitation Inspector in NYC?

Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 PM

48 posts, read 153,295 times
MArcus... lol we dont inspect the trash... We pick it up and throw it into the truck,.. LOL

Old 07-13-2010, 08:35 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,729 times
But isn't there such a title within the Sanitation Police?
You have officers,sergeants, lieutenants, captains, inspectors and chiefs.

I think what Marcus meant was the starting salary for Sanitation Enforcement Agent,as they do inspect garbage,recycling and issue violations accordingly.

Starting pay was 24.5k yr as of 2006,I doubt it if it's any much higher then that now. Probation is 1 yr and they are in a different union,(local 1182). I believe the last list had a little over 2,000 people on it.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM

176 posts, read 374,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
But isn't there such a title within the Sanitation Police?
You have officers,sergeants, lieutenants, captains, inspectors and chiefs.

I think what Marcus meant was the starting salary for Sanitation Enforcement Agent,as they do inspect garbage,recycling and issue violations accordingly.

Starting pay was 24.5k yr as of 2006,I doubt it if it's any much higher then that now. Probation is 1 yr and they are in a different union,(local 1182). I believe the last list had a little over 2,000 people on it.
There are 2 enforcements for Sanitation, Enforcement Agent & Sanitation Police. The latter if needed, can be trained & placed on spreaders or plows during a really bad storm.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabz28ss View Post
There are 2 enforcements for Sanitation, Enforcement Agent & Sanitation Police. The latter if needed, can be trained & placed on spreaders or plows during a really bad storm.

If you ever work with sanitation police during snow be very careful they havent driven a truck in a while and might be very dangerous behind the wheel. Also they carry guns so if they get angry at you there might be problems. Anyone here ever heard of Don Baylor?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:08 AM

9 posts, read 19,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
If you ever work with sanitation police during snow be very careful they havent driven a truck in a while and might be very dangerous behind the wheel. Also they carry guns so if they get angry at you there might be problems. Anyone here ever heard of Don Baylor?

from the ny yankees? baltimore orioles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City