Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 11:43 AM

389 posts, read 774,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman151 View Post
I just wanted to drop a note here. As of 3 weeks ago SI-2 has decided to try and take this job back from the city. So we all decided to put an end to dumping on shift. Enough is enough - truck cuts longer routes no charts 99% of us agreed this would be the best thing for the job. Every chart was cancelled the day after thanksgiving proving life is better if you stay out and dont dump on shift. Let me tell you something do not believe a foreman or super if they don't care if you dump they DO makes there job that much easier. Enough with making the foremans and supers look like Rock Starz. Do whats best for you, your body,your wallet and your family. I can actually say im proud to be in SI-2 Great job guys keep up the good work for making us a non dumping district. Remember " All day Every day " Cheers.............
Good job SI-2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:57 PM

200 posts, read 576,877 times
Way to go SI-2. Your doing the men and women of this job a great service and the people waiting to get on as well. I just hope you can continue this even after Christmas. Hopefully other districts can get on board. Pass it on.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:56 PM

372 posts, read 830,116 times
r you completing the route i read the other day that a complaint is issued if there is failure to finish something that is normally done every day does that include dumping your truck?

Old 12-02-2009, 04:51 PM

200 posts, read 576,877 times
Default Tier 5 is here

December 2, 2009

Assembly Approves Tier V Pension Reform,
Saving Taxpayers $48 Billion Over Three Decades

Legislation Begins Needed Restructuring of New York's Finances

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Governmental Employees Committee Chair Peter J. Abbate today announced the passage of legislation they sponsored (Extraordinary Session Bill A.26) that would enact a new and cost efficient tier of pension benefits for public employees which could save the state and local governments $48.5 billion over the next 30 years.
Mod cut: copyright violation

Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 PM

i dont get it they pass this bill but that doesnt mean our unions have to accept it right???? and what is in this tier 5?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:35 PM

156 posts, read 370,143 times
yeah I have no idea how this works, but I'd like to get the Union's stance on this...can they just force Tier 5 on us in mid-contract without any type of negotiations? even if Tier 5 is inevitable, I would think the Union would try to bargain something out of it for us first

but more of an immediate concern to junior guys is now that Tier 5 is closer to actually existing, if there are layoffs, can guys who used to be in Tier 4 be brought back in Tier 5? does it even matter if you're off probation? that would be a HUGE issue/concern

Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM

the BILL says this bill will take effect for NEWLY HIRED PERSONS effective january 1,2010...if there are layoffs we are already in the system? and are gettting hired back with the same list number seniority etc.. so maybe this would not effect us.. I don't understand all the technical mumbo jumbo but I guess tier 5 will effect retirement age, OT/money and health benefits....

Old 12-02-2009, 08:49 PM

289 posts, read 746,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
yeah I have no idea how this works, but I'd like to get the Union's stance on this...can they just force Tier 5 on us in mid-contract without any type of negotiations? even if Tier 5 is inevitable, I would think the Union would try to bargain something out of it for us first

but more of an immediate concern to junior guys is now that Tier 5 is closer to actually existing, if there are layoffs, can guys who used to be in Tier 4 be brought back in Tier 5? does it even matter if you're off probation? that would be a HUGE issue/concern
YES IF LAYED OFF THEY CAN BRING YOU BACK IN TIER 5, THEY DID IT BACK IN THE 70s THE GUY'S WENT FROM A 20 YEAR PENSION TO A 25 YEAR PENSION IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOUR ON PROBATION OR OFF .ALSO VETERANS ARE NEVER LAYED OFF EVEN IF YOU HAVE THEM BEAT ,AS IT SHOULD BE.GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON THE JOB OR WAITING.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 PM

16 posts, read 33,549 times
I wouldn't get too riled up just yet, guys. The bill that passed only affects state and local police and fire. The only job it affects in NYC is the teachers. While I can see a different tier coming in the future, I don't think it will come along that easy or quick.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 PM

192 posts, read 401,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearman View Post
December 2, 2009

Assembly Approves Tier V Pension Reform,
Saving Taxpayers $48 Billion Over Three Decades

Legislation Begins Needed Restructuring of New York's Finances

Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Governmental Employees Committee Chair Peter J. Abbate today announced the passage of legislation they sponsored (Extraordinary Session Bill A.26) that would enact a new and cost efficient tier of pension benefits for public employees which could save the state and local governments $48.5 billion over the next 30 years.
Mod cut: copyright violation
Thanks for posting. I read it. We will have to see how our "special" retirement plan pans out with all this. But basically the 3% is staying and overtime is capped. Again, I don't know how it will affect us specifically...

Moreover, it suggests on numerous occasions, "those who FIRST join" after July 2010... as being the ones who will be affected. So "first" seems to indicate that if you had joined (NYCERS) previously then you are NOT affected.... even with a layoff... Of course there could be some obfuscated loop hole..

Also, it repeatedly states that it will affect new hires...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City